Should the 58 boost be available during prepatch ?

I couldn't find precise information on when the boost will be available, but I assume it will be on launch day.

For those that didn't play Classic, a problem that will occur is that players will head into Outland without any professions and be forced to spend time in the old world after you hit 70. This is not great if you come back for TBC to play the actual expansion.

If they let people use the boost prior to the launch day, that will leave players some time to catch up with professions. They'll already be much behind others due to the lack of gold and such, so there's already a large advantage for players that have lvl 60 toons ready.

On the other hand, people will have the opportunity to level up their blood elves and draenei before the actual launch day. It could be appropriate for the boost to be available on that time too.

When would be the perfect timing for the 58 boost for you ?

The sooner the better. People should have a chance to get their boosted characters ready for TBC.

It would make sense that it came with the pre-patch. That's our "getting ready" period. You won't make the #noboost crowed any more angry than they are and by delaying it until after pre-patch you will just alienate a lot of people. So it makes the most sense they will release during prepatch right?

We know it will be available before launch ( https://classic.wowhead.com/news=321...-crusade-launc ) , so prepatch makes sense.

Yes there is no downside to doing so.

No.

The boosts should be removed entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    No.

The boosts should be removed entirely.
    Ok now you're just playing make-believe

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Ok now you're just playing make-believe
    No I'm not. I'm expressing my feelings towards the boost.

They do not belong in Classic in any iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    No I'm not. I'm expressing my feelings towards the boost.

They do not belong in Classic in any iteration.
    Okay, we get it. You (and all the other anti-boosters) don't have to chime in to every thread about them saying how mad you are. They're happening whether we want them or not.

OT; Pre-patch is the most logical, although it will feel weird to boost a character only to have to grind 2 levels in EPL/Silithus. At least if they came with Launch we could jump straight into HFP with them.

Either way I'm happy with them. Lets me have a Druid farming alt without having to slog through Vanilla for the 5th time.

1 week before, gives people time to find some friends or reconnect with old ones as they complete the final 2 levels of their characters before TBC release.
    Any more time and we'll start seeing Classic players with lots of gold funding themselves in GDKP runs to get easy leveling gear for their reroll, which isn't healthy for anyone.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I can'ts see a reason as to why not. Once the 2.X patch hits, classes start to change and they will even open up the new races to level. The new players could either leave their 58 as is or level them to 60 and try to get some catchup gear for the dark portal event.

Speaking of events, was the tBC pre-patch event mentioned in Blizzcon?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Speaking of events, was the tBC pre-patch event mentioned in Blizzcon?
    I don't believe it was. I myself am quite curious as to whether the Honour system change will come in with it, would be amazing for alts/boosts to get some decent gear before TBC hits.