Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Your post is the only thing full of shit here.

    Not only is the claims of Druckmann self inserting false: https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/s...04792992563205 the character they claimed he did this as isn't even the one in the sex scene. https://thelastofus.fandom.com/wiki/Owen_Moore Is the one in the sex scene not even https://thelastofus.fandom.com/wiki/Manny_Alvarez which your fake conspiracy claimed was a self insert.

    So take the advice you are giving Sony and figure out your own shit before posting blatant lies to attack a company over some click bait you don't give a shit about. Show me your stellar collection of Japan Studio games, oh wait you probably don't own any of them and just want something to be outraged about.
    Oh yeah...the man himself is your proof, if you just take peoples word for it then I have a Island I'd like to sell you for cheap! Manny barely looks like Druckman except for the fact they both have a similar beard, but Owen does resemble Druckman when he didn't have a beard
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Your post is the only thing full of shit here.

    Not only is the claims of Druckmann self inserting false: https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/s...04792992563205 the character they claimed he did this as isn't even the one in the sex scene. https://thelastofus.fandom.com/wiki/Owen_Moore Is the one in the sex scene not even https://thelastofus.fandom.com/wiki/Manny_Alvarez which your fake conspiracy claimed was a self insert.

    So take the advice you are giving Sony and figure out your own shit before posting blatant lies to attack a company over some click bait you don't give a shit about. Show me your stellar collection of Japan Studio games, oh wait you probably don't own any of them and just want something to be outraged about.
    Aside from the self insert, he's right. They are hypocrites. They want to censor games where human decapitation is shown. Meanwhile they got games like TLOU2 (there's that gruesome scene) and God of War. First party games.

    What's the big deal?

    OT: Is Ape Escape dead for real now? Sad if so.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Your post is the only thing full of shit here.

    Not only is the claims of Druckmann self inserting false: https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/s...04792992563205 the character they claimed he did this as isn't even the one in the sex scene. https://thelastofus.fandom.com/wiki/Owen_Moore Is the one in the sex scene not even https://thelastofus.fandom.com/wiki/Manny_Alvarez which your fake conspiracy claimed was a self insert.

    So take the advice you are giving Sony and figure out your own shit before posting blatant lies to attack a company over some click bait you don't give a shit about. Show me your stellar collection of Japan Studio games, oh wait you probably don't own any of them and just want something to be outraged about.
    Unfortunately Memes and myths will always win out over facts x.x

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Aside from the self insert, he's right. They are hypocrites. They want to censor games where human decapitation is shown. Meanwhile they got games like TLOU2 (there's that gruesome scene) and God of War. First party games.
    Nothing in his post was right, and you are citing a 7 years old Naruto game as evidence because a dev came out with some he said she said shit about it after being asked a question about CERO(Japanese ratings board). Literally nobody cares.

    OT: Is Ape Escape dead for real now? Sad if so.
    If you didn't know it was already dead then this sums up your bad takes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Oh yeah...the man himself is your proof, if you just take peoples word for it then I have a Island I'd like to sell you for cheap! Manny barely looks like Druckman except for the fact they both have a similar beard, but Owen does resemble Druckman when he didn't have a beard
    Owen looking anything like Druckmann, you can't be serious. I guess the fact they are male is the single thing they have in common. For top notch lulz tho here is his actual actor https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Fugit

    I suggest a trip to the eye doctor, or you could just admit you where wrong.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-02-28 at 04:52 AM.

  5. #25
    Brewmaster Tommys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,326
    Some great games listed there.....and a lot of meh games listed.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Innovation isn't everything.
    Never said it was. I question why you even found a reason to complain about what i said

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nothing in his post was right, and you are citing a 7 years old Naruto game as evidence because a dev came out with some he said she said shit about it after being asked a question about CERO(Japanese ratings board). Literally nobody cares.



    If you didn't know it was already dead then this sums up your bad takes.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Owen looking anything like Druckmann, you can't be serious. I guess the fact they are male is the single thing they have in common. For top notch lulz tho here is his actual actor https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Fugit

    I suggest a trip to the eye doctor, or you could just admit you where wrong.
    It's not gonna cost you anything to be less of a douchebag.

  8. #28
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't really think thats even related at all. Its more about the market China offers.
    It is, in a way. The market that China offers is controlled by the government, rather than by the will of the people buying what interests them. Which is why I find it humorous that so many companies are trying very hard to cater towards that governments censorship while pushing progressive ideologies in their products. Sony is very much guilty of doing this, especially in Japanese games. A lot of Japanese titles have been censored or at least edited on the Playstation in recent years, primarily so those games would get past China's censors, yet they get released in the west in the same state. Look at Fairy Tale, a game with some pretty obvious fanservice behind it, was heavily censored for what I'd pass as barely lewd content, on the PS4, while the Switch version remained untouched. And yet people have the stones to say Nintendo is a company that caters to kids. That they let games release in their intended state shows more about how bad Sony is at censoring games that aren't violent or mature.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2021-02-28 at 04:43 PM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I gave up on Playstation years ago. I only cared for their Japanese games, and when Sony started focusing on the West at the expense of Japanese devs (who upped and moved to the Switch or mobile), and started heavy censorship of their games, I bailed out. I have no interest in Sony's exclusives.

    You are one in the minority. No one really cares. The money is in third person action adventure games. That has what won them this generation. So even though you say you have no interest, many went out and bought a PS4 cause of these games.

    Nothing wrong with Sony's exclusives if they do it well and all their exclusives were well and unique. That picture has been doing the rounds for sometime now and I never get it. Only someone ignorant would even post that. If you think games like God of War, The Last of Us, Uncharted and Horizon Zero Dawn are the same just cause they have a third person perspective and "Forests" then I don't know what to say to that. That's like saying every Japanese game is weeb anime porn with hyper sexualxed female and prepubescent male characters that never grow up and all "Giggle" near 24/7 and go "eh!" "eh!" "eh!".
    Last edited by NordWitcher; 2021-02-28 at 04:48 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    You are one in the minority. No one really cares. The money is in third person action adventure games. That has what won them this generation. So even though you say you have no interest, many went out and bought a PS4 cause of these games.

    Nothing wrong with Sony's exclusives if they do it well and all their exclusives were well and unique. That picture has been doing the rounds for sometime now and I never get it. Only someone ignorant would even post that. If you think games like God of War, The Last of Us, Uncharted and Horizon Zero Dawn are the same just cause they have a third person perspective and "Forests" then I don't know what to say to that. That's like saying every Japanese game is weeb anime porn with hyper sexualxed female and prepubescent male characters that never grow up and all "Giggle" near 24/7 and go "eh!" "eh!" "eh!".
    Popularity doesn't equate to quality. Mumble rap for example is massively popular but anyone with ears can talk about it's subpar quality. The Last of Us Part 2 is a perfect example of bad, catering storytelling, that sold well but didn't really necessarily deserve it.

  11. #31
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    42,239
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHeel View Post
    Popularity doesn't equate to quality. Mumble rap for example is massively popular but anyone with ears can talk about it's subpar quality. The Last of Us Part 2 is a perfect example of bad, catering storytelling, that sold well but didn't really necessarily deserve it.
    Comparing Rap to a very story driven videogame. No, not a good argument.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHeel View Post
    Popularity doesn't equate to quality. Mumble rap for example is massively popular but anyone with ears can talk about it's subpar quality. The Last of Us Part 2 is a perfect example of bad, catering storytelling, that sold well but didn't really necessarily deserve it.
    I would agree with you that popular doesn't equate to quality, but when all those games have won GOTY awards from numerous publications you have nothing to stand on. And you didn't have to create a new account to reply to my post. Most reviewers and players would consider God of War the game of the generation as well.

    Gamers want more third person action adventure cinematic games, so maybe people like you are just in a minority. If I wanted to play a Japanese anime game, I would rather watch porn.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It is, in a way. The market that China offers is controlled by the government, rather than by the will of the people buying what interests them. Which is why I find it humorous that so many companies are trying very hard to cater towards that governments censorship while pushing progressive ideologies in their products. Sony is very much guilty of doing this, especially in Japanese games. A lot of Japanese titles have been censored or at least edited on the Playstation in recent years, primarily so those games would get past China's censors, yet they get released in the west in the same state. Look at Fairy Tale, a game with some pretty obvious fanservice behind it, was heavily censored for what I'd pass as barely lewd content, on the PS4, while the Switch version remained untouched. And yet people have the stones to say Nintendo is a company that caters to kids. That they let games release in their intended state shows more about how bad Sony is at censoring games that aren't violent or mature.
    werent most of the ecchi titles censored because ESBR? having to pass from US sony's offices even if the game is only for jap audience or something like that
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

  14. #34
    Thank god we have a stupid cunt in this thread to tell me what games I did and did not buy. Wew lad, wouldnt know what to do without him.

    I guess these copies of Ape escape, Legend of dragoon, Gravity rush for vita, and remastered for piss4, soul sacrifice and SS delta, Freedom wars, Bleach soul ressureccion, locoroco, shadow of the colossus, Eye of Judgement+loads of cards, patapon and white knight chronicles arent real and i should have taken my schizo meds.

    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    werent most of the ecchi titles censored because ESBR? having to pass from US sony's offices even if the game is only for jap audience or something like that
    No, they were censored because of sony. Several devs have flat out admitted this. Several japanese devs have openly mocked sony for this. Takaki flat out quit because sony was making it impossible for him to make the games he wanted to make. Senran kagura 7 will likely never get released. Why would you even assume it was because of the ESRB when the ESRB has no problem with them and hasnt had a problem with them for decades? These games that are censored on PS4 more often than not have an uncensored version on PC/switch too. Sony are disgusting filthy hypocrites. Trans sex scene? I sleep. Jiggling covered up anime titties? Real shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    I would agree with you that popular doesn't equate to quality, but when all those games have won GOTY awards from numerous publications you have nothing to stand on.
    GOTYAY awards mean literally nothing. Raid shadow legends has hundreds of "goty" awards. All it takes is greasing the palms of some review sites and bam, you got yourself a goty award
    Last edited by Nigredo; 2021-02-28 at 11:38 PM.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Comparing Rap to a very story driven videogame. No, not a good argument.

    Hardly. Hip Hop/Rap has always been one of the better more complex styles of music, and storytelling in said music. Depending on catchy and smart lyrics moreso then anything else. The Last of Us Part 2 is the exact same as Mumble Rap in that regard. It tricks you with a catchy beat, rhythm, etc, aka the great graphics and general gameplay of the game then in turn shovels out a complete mess of a forced agenda-riddled mess that completely crapped all over the legacy of the first game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    I would agree with you that popular doesn't equate to quality, but when all those games have won GOTY awards from numerous publications you have nothing to stand on. And you didn't have to create a new account to reply to my post. Most reviewers and players would consider God of War the game of the generation as well.

    Gamers want more third person action adventure cinematic games, so maybe people like you are just in a minority. If I wanted to play a Japanese anime game, I would rather watch porn.
    Sure I do. Game journalists are the last people to be getting your game ratings from, as they've been known to go for the "artsy" style of a game over a general good game. I'm much more interested in things like steam ratings, etc. You know PLAYER reviews. Which the TOUSP2 went from 10/10, to like a 7/10 to 8/10. By no means was it a HORRIBLE 4/10 game, but it most certainly didn't deserve anything beyond a general average.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigredo View Post
    Thank god we have a stupid cunt in this thread to tell me what games I did and did not buy. Wew lad, wouldnt know what to do without him.

    I guess these copies of Ape escape, Legend of dragoon, Gravity rush for vita, and remastered for piss4, soul sacrifice and SS delta, Freedom wars, Bleach soul ressureccion, locoroco, shadow of the colossus, Eye of Judgement+loads of cards, patapon and white knight chronicles arent real and i should have taken my schizo meds.



    No, they were censored because of sony. Several devs have flat out admitted this. Several japanese devs have openly mocked sony for this. Takaki flat out quit because sony was making it impossible for him to make the games he wanted to make. Senran kagura 7 will likely never get released. Why would you even assume it was because of the ESRB when the ESRB has no problem with them and hasnt had a problem with them for decades? These games that are censored on PS4 more often than not have an uncensored version on PC/switch too. Sony are disgusting filthy hypocrites. Trans sex scene? I sleep. Jiggling covered up anime titties? Real shit.



    GOTYAY awards mean literally nothing. Raid shadow legends has hundreds of "goty" awards. All it takes is greasing the palms of some review sites and bam, you got yourself a goty award
    because they even mocked the request to give eng translation for these jap-only games. and considering the historical puritanism of US policies its a pretty easy conclusion to do....
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

  17. #37
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,528
    That Sony is focusing more on the parts of the world that is increasingly a bigger share of their user base with their software line-up should shock no one.

    It isn't just Sony giving the middle finger to games designed for Japanese tastes, but Japanese gamers giving the middle finger to stationary home consoles.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    That Sony is focusing more on the parts of the world that is increasingly a bigger share of their user base with their software line-up should shock no one.

    It isn't just Sony giving the middle finger to games designed for Japanese tastes, but Japanese gamers giving the middle finger to stationary home consoles.
    It doesn't have anything to do with this either tbh. Sony has good partnerships with Japanese 3rd parties like Atlus, Capcom, Square and they all make better and more appealing games then Japan Studio does. Gravity Rush 2 sold barely over 100k in Japan, which isn't even great by PS4 standards in the country. Japan as a whole didn't care about Japan Studio games just like the world as a whole mostly doesn't either. If their games actually where popular in Japan it might of been enough to keep the Ico and Gravity Rush people but they weren't, in fact these games where more popular in the west.

    If we just factor in Japan why would Sony throw money at a studio that sells 100k or less per game there when they can throw a marketing agreement, funds to speed up development and timed exclusivity at a Persona, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter or Street Fighter that Japan actually cares about? Sony knows they aren't Nintendo and they can't make Japanese games on par with their 3rd party partners.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-03-01 at 09:29 PM.

  19. #39
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,185
    Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    I would agree with you that popular doesn't equate to quality, but when all those games have won GOTY awards from numerous publications you have nothing to stand on. And you didn't have to create a new account to reply to my post. Most reviewers and players would consider God of War the game of the generation as well.

    Gamers want more third person action adventure cinematic games, so maybe people like you are just in a minority. If I wanted to play a Japanese anime game, I would rather watch porn.
    Oh please, game awards are absolutely meaningless and have been for a long long time. And now they are just polarized because the shrieking lunatics who tried to hail TLOU2 as the second coming of Christ got told to STFU by gamers because the game was horribly mediocre and not some 10/10 masterpiece like they claimed. And the opinions of the players will always outweigh the opinions of the people who get paid to kiss game devs asses at every opportunity rather than be the objective and unbiased critics they are supposed to be.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Oh please, game awards are absolutely meaningless and have been for a long long time. And now they are just polarized because the shrieking lunatics who tried to hail TLOU2 as the second coming of Christ got told to STFU by gamers because the game was horribly mediocre and not some 10/10 masterpiece like they claimed. And the opinions of the players will always outweigh the opinions of the people who get paid to kiss game devs asses at every opportunity rather than be the objective and unbiased critics they are supposed to be.
    Ah yes, gamers told them to "STFU" while making it one of the best selling games of the year. Talk about living in a bubble. Hell it had a bigger launch in the US then Cyberpunk did despite only being on a single platform, I know that one must hurt you since you defend that buggy piece of shit to the ends of earth. Hell your lot like to claim the game only sold in first week when it maintained itself as a top 5 seller for all of 2020 in the US and get this... it propped up on the latest weekly UK chart at 3. Ah yes, the gamers sure told them to "STFU".
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-03-02 at 03:14 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •