Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm fairly certain AP/Azerite weren't capped weekly and didn't have a catchup mechanism where you can get all the way to the cap in 1-2 weeks.
    Ofc there were catchup mechanism.

    Artifact knowledge increased every week. And Azerite gain was hugely boosted over time.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Imagine this, where you are happy to be able to skip everything. And it is not about you not wanting to do them. But others dont have anything but this content you gladly skip, and what they want is behind hard grind this content you can gladly skip. And it's shit. Fuck them I guess as long as it's good for you?
    This is what I don’t get: People arguing “you don’t have to do the bad content/systems” like that fixes the problem. If two thirds of the game is bad optional content, that’s really terrible design. I don’t want to raid log, or run 500 M+ a week, or just do arena. That’s boring to me. I want to play an MMO.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  3. #203
    Immortal Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,836
    They've managed to make SL even MORE alt unfriendly than pre 8.3 BfA. That's quite an achievement in itself, even taking the revamped (and greatly shortened) levelling into account.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-03-06 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

  4. #204
    Stealthed Defender unbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Posts
    6,466
    I think the best thing that clearly demonstrates how lazy Blizz has become is the AP grind.

    In Legion, it was Artifact Power. In BfA, it was Azerite Power. In SL, it's Anima Power.

    Blizz has gotten so very lazy that they don't even want to change the initials. The developers know how badly Blizz leadership is starving the game of funds (that they could easily spend and that the playerbase absolutely deserves), so they are trolling us with AP.

    To the OP, there is absolutely no possibility of a new creative team or director that would have any impact. Blizz is run by accounting leadership who don't care one bit about the game, only maximizing profits. Any new creative team or director will remain handicapped by the lack of necessary resources to give WoW what it deserves.

    Stop giving all your money to lazy behemoths like Blizz, and start giving your money to gaming companies that care about their products. Yes, the developers may not keep their job at places like Blizz, but if you support the smaller companies who care, they will, in turn, hire the developers that are forced to flee Blizz.

  5. #205
    I am quite happy with SL as a whole.

    The only 2 things i am missing in wow now are:

    1. Nonlinear dungeons... the dungeons are so bland and same-y despite every last one using different art. It is basically always just a tube with mobs and bosses at certain points. The bosses and mechanics are great and i also like mythic+ but seriously. Just make a few dungeons and for all i care don't open them up to mythic+. Or do and just don't care about freaking MDI for once. Who actually watches that?

    2. More stories seperate from the main plot. Main plot is good imho. And should always culminate in a raid. But there needs to be more in the open world. We have so many world quests no one cares about. Every faction is tied to the main plot. Where are the Seprent guys from MOP, Ogrila from BC, SOns of Hodir, SPoreggar... just something NOT tied to WQs, who also definetly overstayed their welcome. I am at a point where i would like to have dailys with a cap back. There are still to many WQ to even care about what i am doing there. Give me something to do where i have lore reason to actually do it. Let me build up a base somewhere for a faction that helps us but has no connection to the main stuff. We just do it because we are good guys/need a ressource or something.

  6. #206
    So you're sick of current WoW - mainly the systems and the quest structure but haven't really offered anything in terms of possible suggestions other than you just want to kill 1 boss and be done with in terms of world quests which blatantly isn't going to happen. There are quests like that currently i.e. Mortanis kill him and get 250anima plus possibly a 200ilvl loot drop.

    The main thing for me is I wish they remove 1) the anima catchup system for alts. It is ok for those who have a lot of time but those who have a full time job and a family to look after it is still time consuming and tedious. The amount of time it'll take for me to get my alt HC raid ready even with doing all sorts of shortcuts is still too much imo. Share Venari repuation too...that is the WORST.

  7. #207
    if only bfa and shadowlands were legion-like. classes played never better during legion. it was a steady improvement from expansion to expansion, peaking in legion, and then being shit again during bfa and shadowlands

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    And no, it's not just WoW or I am getting burned out or getting older with different interests, no it's specifically shitty WoW development. I love WoW, but we're basically on the third expansion in a row that have the stupid crappy systems and same stuff again and again.
    That is absolutely it and you're just in denial. Legion, BFA, and now SL have been very different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I am quite happy with SL as a whole.

    The only 2 things i am missing in wow now are:

    1. Nonlinear dungeons... the dungeons are so bland and same-y despite every last one using different art. It is basically always just a tube with mobs and bosses at certain points. The bosses and mechanics are great and i also like mythic+ but seriously. Just make a few dungeons and for all i care don't open them up to mythic+. Or do and just don't care about freaking MDI for once. Who actually watches that?

    2. More stories seperate from the main plot. Main plot is good imho. And should always culminate in a raid. But there needs to be more in the open world. We have so many world quests no one cares about. Every faction is tied to the main plot. Where are the Seprent guys from MOP, Ogrila from BC, SOns of Hodir, SPoreggar... just something NOT tied to WQs, who also definetly overstayed their welcome. I am at a point where i would like to have dailys with a cap back. There are still to many WQ to even care about what i am doing there. Give me something to do where i have lore reason to actually do it. Let me build up a base somewhere for a faction that helps us but has no connection to the main stuff. We just do it because we are good guys/need a ressource or something.
    For #1, this has been a "problem" with dungeons since TBC in them being linear hallways. It's not really a Shadowlands thing.

    Ironically, Legion (Return to Karazhan), BFA (Mechagon), and now Shadowlands (broker dungeon) are the only expansions to introduce a really large scale dungeon.

    I do prefer daily hub building/rep style than WQ. I'd prefer both.

  10. #210
    Immortal Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,836
    Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    if only bfa and shadowlands were legion-like. classes played never better during legion. it was a steady improvement from expansion to expansion, peaking in legion, and then being shit again during bfa and shadowlands
    Classes played smoothly in Legion because 1/3 of your skills (including cool passives) were tied to the Artifacts. Once they were removed, they left a gaping hole in most classes/specs' rotations, which was one of the main complaints about BfA gameplay-wise. And while this "unpruning" of SL is a step in the right way, there is still a long way to go until classes play as fluidly as in MoP or even WotLK.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-03-06 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    For #1, this has been a "problem" with dungeons since TBC in them being linear hallways. It's not really a Shadowlands thing.

    Ironically, Legion (Return to Karazhan), BFA (Mechagon), and now Shadowlands (broker dungeon) are the only expansions to introduce a really large scale dungeon.

    I do prefer daily hub building/rep style than WQ. I'd prefer both.
    True. Dungeons have been quite linear for a long time. Or basically always. Large scale is ok but does not have to be. I would like dungeons like BRD or Mauradon. Huge. But you don't have to do everything. Or even can do everything in one run.

    And WQ and hubs would both be fine together also agreed^^

  12. #212
    The Lightbringer Fullmetal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Burpelson Air Force Base
    Posts
    3,158
    Borrowed powers is Pandora's Box. You know what they say about her box.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.


  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Borrowed powers is Pandora's Box. You know what they say about her box.
    It is a scape goat for people to use? We have always had borrowed power. Gear, Stat weights, etc have always changed with the new expansion. Everything is borrowed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    This is what I don’t get: People arguing “you don’t have to do the bad content/systems” like that fixes the problem. If two thirds of the game is bad optional content, that’s really terrible design. I don’t want to raid log, or run 500 M+ a week, or just do arena. That’s boring to me. I want to play an MMO.
    Well, WoW is without a doubt an MMO, with thousands of players sharing a single persistent realm. So what you actually want must be something different.

  15. #215
    Immortal Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,836
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is a scape goat for people to use? We have always had borrowed power. Gear, Stat weights, etc have always changed with the new expansion. Everything is borrowed.
    Gear doesn't magically go away when a new xpac comes out, but e.g. most active skills from the Legion artifacts did. So no, gear isn't borrowed power, unless you want to get really facetious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Gear doesn't magically go away when a new xpac comes out, but e.g. most active skills from the Legion artifacts did. So no, gear isn't borrowed power, unless you want to get really facetious.
    It's power does though. WotLK was really the last expansion where gear stayed around. Because sunwell gear was used to clear Nax. Since then Blizzard makes sure the power of gear resets at some point. Which is why Legion legendaries turned off at level 115 in BfA. There has always been borrowed power. It has only because an issue now because people look for that buzzword scapegoat to pin their issues on.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #217
    Immortal Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,836
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It's power does though. WotLK was really the last expansion where gear stayed around. Because sunwell gear was used to clear Nax. Since then Blizzard makes sure the power of gear resets at some point. Which is why Legion legendaries turned off at level 115 in BfA. There has always been borrowed power. It has only because an issue now because people look for that buzzword scapegoat to pin their issues on.
    Still that doesn’t change the fact that gear doesn't go away, unlike Artifacts/Azerite armour (at least in SL). Whether it suffices to clear the next xpac raid or not is entirely irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Still that doesn’t change the fact that gear doesn't go away, unlike Artifacts/Azerite armour (at least in SL). Whether it suffices to clear the next xpac raid or not is entirely irrelevant.
    It's power does. Which is the same thing as you are talking about because the power the gear provides is the important part. Of course if its power continues into the next expansion is relevant or not. We are talking about borrowed power duh. If the power doesn't continue then it was borrowed for that expansion was it not? That is the problem with the argument you and others make when talking about borrowed power. You apply arbitrary rules for what power qualifies as borrowed just to ignore that power always resets with the expansion.

    It also overlooks how trinkets, tier sets, and other "special effect" items wouldn't carry on to the next expansion. Or when they had a niche use Blizzard would disable those effects. Just like Blizzard has baked in both Artifact and Azerite powers into class abilities to carry some forward. It has always been borrowed unless Blizzard decides to carry it forward in some fashion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  19. #219
    Immortal Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,836
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It's power does. Which is the same thing as you are talking about because the power the gear provides is the important part. Of course if its power continues into the next expansion is relevant or not. We are talking about borrowed power duh. If the power doesn't continue then it was borrowed for that expansion was it not? That is the problem with the argument you and others make when talking about borrowed power. You apply arbitrary rules for what power qualifies as borrowed just to ignore that power always resets with the expansion.

    It also overlooks how trinkets, tier sets, and other "special effect" items wouldn't carry on to the next expansion. Or when they had a niche use Blizzard would disable those effects. Just like Blizzard has baked in both Artifact and Azerite powers into class abilities to carry some forward. It has always been borrowed unless Blizzard decides to carry it forward in some fashion.
    I mean... It's expected that e.g. a lvl 60 piece of gear isn't going to be as powerful as a lvl 70 one, that goes without saying, that's called character progression. Now, my mage didn't lose the ability to cast Blizzard going from e.g. BC into WotLK, but he did lose Mark of Aluneth and a bunch of cool passives going from Legion into BfA. And no, in most cases Blizzard didn't bake anything in going forward, and in the few cases they did, they removed something that existed already so the net result was still a loss. Only now with SL they are taking baby steps to revert it, it remains to be seen what will come out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I mean... It's expected that e.g. a lvl 60 piece of gear isn't going to be as powerful as a lvl 70 one, that goes without saying, that's called character progression. Now, my mage didn't lose the ability to cast Blizzard going from e.g. BC into WotLK, but he did lose Mark of Aluneth and a bunch of cool passives going from Legion into BfA. And no, in most cases Blizzard didn't bake anything in going forward, and in the few cases they did, they removed something that existed already so the net result was still a loss. Only now with SL they are taking baby steps to revert it, it remains to be seen what will come out of it.
    But your mage lost his tier set bonuses, his trinkets, etc. There is no difference between "gear progression" and "borrowed power". It is a arbitrary line to define one was acceptable and one as unacceptable. Progression is simply borrowed power for that expansion. We expect it to reset because that is the cycle that WoW has created. As WoW moves into different forms of character power why to shouldn't it reset just like gear?

    Every class has had something made baseline. That is not a few cases. It doesn't matter what the net result is because Blizzard always adds or removes stuff from classes with new expansions. Some classes only get a few ability or talent tweaks and others get a complete overhaul. Power, and anything, has always been contained on a per expansion basis. That is why Blizzard has said numerous times that they don't like to do major changes to classes mid-expansion and that somethings have to wait for a new expansion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •