Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    preferably one that really really listens to people when they have issues about their class and the game.
    That will never be the case because there is no one thing every agrees on. Yourself indicate this why you label others of opposing views as trolls and "top fan boys" rather then just players of a different opinion. Any developer needs to listen to all of their players and weight the positives and negatives of what each person (or group) wants from the game. When the balance is off one group feels alienated. When they get the balance right everyone feels good even when not getting their ideal game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

And no, regarding PVE gear problems, don't say shit like "MUH VALOR", as while it IN A WAY helps with Mythic+, it also cannot be used on the current M+ items you have, and it'll take awhile to get the gear upgraded. Might as well wait for 9.1, at that rate, especially since the 9.1 PTR is apparently coming out not long after 9.0.5's release (I'd say a week after?).

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Big WoW player since launch, I still love this game 17 years later. Of the recent expansions the past 5+ years, I LOVED Legion, it's easily one of my fav expansions, so many cool new things to do in it, and it was a fresh and so fun, never stale or boring whatsoever. Class Halls, and artifact appearances, specific class mounts, and Mage Tower and a new class in Demon Hunter, they created Mythic + dungeons, etc...

But lately with BfA ( Legion 2.0 ) and now Shadowlands ( Legion 3.0 ) I'm starting to hit a wall in boredom of the same old, same old. It feels like Legion, just continued, but not in a good way.

And no, it's not just WoW or I am getting burned out or getting older with different interests, no it's specifically shitty WoW development. I love WoW, but we're basically on the third expansion in a row that have the stupid crappy systems and same stuff again and again.

World Quests were great and exciting in Legion, then ok BfA, but now totally suck in SL. What happened to the kill one boss WQ's, instead we get these tedious and boring fill the XP bar WQ's and now they seem to take longer, one kill only gives you 1% or 2%, meaning it takes FOREVER to complete it, and by the time I hit 100% and complete the World Quest I am so freaking bored and frustrated.

And the systems made in Legion were cool, and fresh, Artifacts and Legendary's, and Netherlight Crucible, etc... Then Blizzard blows it all up, and creates a whole new system for BfA with Azerite, and Essences, and Corruption ( Ugh the worst ) and then the next expansion Shadowlands, they nuke it all again, and give us a whole new set of stupid systems with Covenants, and Soul binds, and blah, blah, blah, holy fuck just stop this already Blizz.

Stop creating brand new game systems, it's the worst. We don't need Artifact or Azerite, or Covenant gear.

I don't want to grind for AP, or Azerite or Anima.

I don't want worse World Quests that are very time consuming and just boring AF.

Is there a possibility of a new creative team or director for the next expansion? I don't want Legion 4.0 anymore, I want a fresh take on WoW, new blood to take on the reigns. Whole new thought process for the game, no more Artifact or Azerite or Covenants, but part 4 in the next expansion, please no more.
    Lets hope for, i bet new class on next expansion, they just need it.
    But i think nothing will compare to LEGION , best wow XP.

Agree with OP here. Legion was a breath of fresh air when it was released, but they haven't really managed to improve on it since then.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That will never be the case because there is no one thing every agrees on. Yourself indicate this why you label others of opposing views as trolls and "top fan boys" rather then just players of a different opinion. Any developer needs to listen to all of their players and weight the positives and negatives of what each person (or group) wants from the game. When the balance is off one group feels alienated. When they get the balance right everyone feels good even when not getting their ideal game.
    Ik a lot of people that quit the game simply because the balancing of each class is so fucked rn. No one wants to face off against a Mage, or a Ret Pally in PVP because they hit like trucks. I blame this on BFA mostly, because of all the PVP scaling and shit which, when removed, completely caused a turmoil in the PVP balancing side of things, but it is ALSO SL's job to fix the shit that's broken, so SL is definitely not out of the blame wagon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Agree with OP here. Legion was a breath of fresh air when it was released, but they haven't really managed to improve on it since then.
    It was only a breath of fresh air since there was nothing to do in WoD. Legion's systems were literal dogshit, Suramar included.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No you do not.

You can literally get the renown levels running mythic dungeons. I havent touched the quest in 4 weeks and I am at max renown.

You do not need it.
    At this point, we can't even get power from it until 9.1 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    The issue with WQ's are not the WQ's themselves, but it's the fact that outside of Anima, there really is no reason to do them. They just feel like a worthless, repetitive system.

Gearing in PVE is ass. PVP gear is easy to get, only because mf's carry and shit like that. Tho, people use this to their advantage and ask people for gold in return. Just not worth it. Mythic+ gear maxes at 210, which is horseshit. And the only good factor of it is the fact that, well, after doing 1 or 4 +8's and shit like that, THEN you have a chance to get 216 gear, which is only Heroic Nathria tier. All the high end content is in Mythic Raiding, and the drop rates suck for that

Azerite is better than AP. I'm sorry. It is. It's not something I have to constantly check up on every fucking day or everytime I log off. I complete the 1 Anima quest, I get the fuckin Renown, and I am fine for the rest of the week. It's not repetitive, and it's not game breaking. Soul Binds and Conduits ARE, though. But they're...kinda balanced? But also not really, ya know? Idk what expansion you guys are playing, but Anima is the least of SL's issues.
    Mythic+ caps out at +8 and getting 216 gear now??

You sure getting 226 from a depleted +14 isn’t actually the easier and most widely accessible method of getting 226 gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Mythic+ caps out at +8 and getting 216 gear now??

You sure getting 226 from a depleted +14 isn’t actually the easier and most widely accessible method of getting 226 gear?
    Wow...I'm actually wrong there. My bad lmao. But yeah, that is an OK method, but people want to get 226 gear without having to wait a fucking week or by doing Mythic raids. Valor points take way too long imo, even if it's a better means of getting upgrades from the shit we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    This is such a ridiculous claim.

Players saying anima is only for cosmetics/mounts are probably not playing the game.

In order to unlock soulbinds and conduits, you need to raise up renown. In order to you raise your renown, you need to farm 1K anima/week.

Your player power (soulbinds/conduits) are directly behind anima farming.

For players saying you don't need to farm anima at all if you don't care about soulbinds and conduits, because even if you are behind, you will catch up fast later.

In that logic, you didn't need to farm AP in Legion/BFA either, if you don't care about your weapon/HoA rank. And there were AP knowledge that increase every week, you will catch up fast anyway.

anima/renown is exactly the same thing as artifact power/azerite power, 100%, just with different names.
    you get 750 form a full clear and you have 2 Dungeon quests a week, you literally dont have to touch WQs
    I.O BFA Season 3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    A battleground outside an instance...? I'm afraid that never existed before WOTLK. Maybe Instanced Battlegrounds, but not the ones outside + vehicles + raid locked to the winning faction.
    It may have never existed outside of an instance but it isn't an entirely new concept. You know just like Islands and their AI never existed but you boil it down to MoP Scenarios. Or Torghast and the anima powers didn't exist but you boil it down to MoP scenarios. Like I keep telling you it is a matter of perspective and the content you currently do not like.

I'm not defending anything about Shadowlands here. Simply calling out your double standards and silly arguments.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Longer than 2months, im not interested in playing so long anymore. Needless to say that is still less than 1% of top of playerbase. And if that was enough, it was enough for everyone else.

I played entire bfa from start to finish. Stopped doing emissaries 2-3 months into expansion and didn't do them for entire 2 years (with a small exception of 2 weeks when flying came around). I was never ever forced or even feel forced to farm AP. Nobody said any bar, nobody checked, nobody cared, there was no "curve" to stick with.

SL i quit 2 months ago, absolutely no desire to play.
    I mean its only 1% of the player base if you completed the instance... if you only did a few bosses you fall in a much wider population. The fact that no one apparently cared or checked leads me to believe you don't really speak for the more competitive side of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    This is such a ridiculous claim.

Players saying anima is only for cosmetics/mounts are probably not playing the game.

In order to unlock soulbinds and conduits, you need to raise up renown. In order to you raise your renown, you need to farm 1K anima/week.
    You can skip 1k anima / week quest if you really want to. Just kill world boss and rescue souls in Maw and you get your 2 renown up per week, but you'll be 1 renown behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post

If that is true...What about Eversong Forest, Ghostlands, Azuremist Island....etc.? That is not content you can play?
    That's why I explicitly said after TBC... A new race was special the first time it got added.

- - - Updated - - -
    the d3 team is legit on the current WoW team.

After legion launched and was settled, Blizz brought in jay wilsone [/QUOTE]

This and this. That's what people always forget. I remember the day I saw Jay Wilson on the WoW Legion Panel. Had no good feeling about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    This and this. That's what people always forget. I remember the day I saw Jay Wilson on the WoW Legion Panel. Had no good feeling about it.
    It is wrong though. Jay Wilson quit Blizzard around 2 months before Legion launched. So he was only on the WoW team for about 3 years after leaving the D3 team. 2013 to 2016. There really isn't much to it and WoW is not "just like Diablo 3" because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is wrong though. Jay Wilson quit Blizzard around 2 months before Legion launched. So he was only on the WoW team for about 3 years after leaving the D3 team. 2013 to 2016. There really isn't much to it and WoW is not "just like Diablo 3" because of it.
    He was a big part in developing directions in legion

World Quests were great and exciting in Legion, then ok BfA, but now totally suck in SL. What happened to the kill one boss WQ's, instead we get these tedious and boring fill the XP bar WQ's and now they seem to take longer, one kill only gives you 1% or 2%, meaning it takes FOREVER to complete it, and by the time I hit 100% and complete the World Quest I am so freaking bored and frustrated.
    My first thought was, did they hire devs from Wildstar? Because that's exactly how objectives worked in that game and it wasn't popular there either.

What's Blizzard's sick form of torture of being so anti getting around the game world quickly?
    I think it's part MAUs and part the lead devs being old school MMO players who miss the days of EQ. Contrary to the sentiment I often seen expressed here, waypoints didn't ruin the game experience in GW2 or ESO and I didn't see anyone complain about them in Suramar or Argus. Not offering fast travel in a world as large as WoW's now just seems archaic.

Legion was a nightmare for me on my old PC with all the loading screens, it could take up for 4 minutes just to go from my class hall->Dalaran->Argus, even though I have a new(er) PC now I'm not happy to hear the situation in SL is worse. I was really hoping Argus and Suramar were a sign Blizzard was finally going to bring transit up to date with other MMOs, but apparently not.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

15+ Year Old Account
    He was a big part in developing directions in legion
    He was still one person. He wasn't even the game director or assistant game director. While he may have been a senior member of the team it didn't all rest on him or his ideas. He really is just used as a scapegoat because people dislike him over the D3 controversy and they looked to much into similar things shared between Diablo 3 and WoW. WQs while hated by some are still a popular thing.

The entire "But its d3 like in wow" has always been a silly statement. So what.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Rick View Post
    I mean its only 1% of the player base if you completed the instance... if you only did a few bosses you fall in a much wider population. The fact that no one apparently cared or checked leads me to believe you don't really speak for the more competitive side of the game.
    Nah dude, I didin't finish uldir but completed BoD and nyalotha. We were about 700-1000. I simply knew the math. There are way too many low skilled tryhards that instead of trying to master their class thinks, farm irrelevant 0.3% upgrades for hours is "the play". Was in 3 guilds, nobody gave a single flying fuck as long as you weren't considerably lower than others - and that cannot happen if you got the skill.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Hillsbrad Fields. Southshore. Camp Taurajo. Thalanaar. Mirage Raceway. Steamwheedle Port. Auberdine. Honor's Stand was burned down and taken by the Alliance. Silverwind Refuge was taken by the Horde.
    oh wow 7 town in 16 years.. such wow , talk about not being static at all :P

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    the d3 team is legit on the current WoW team.

After legion launched and was settled, Blizz brought in jay wilsone

This and this. That's what people always forget. I remember the day I saw Jay Wilson on the WoW Legion Panel. Had no good feeling about it.[/QUOTE]

that and im sure thorghast is a test to implemente great rift to the game

you know ? the thing that killed d3 ?:P

man, the game need more story teller, not stupid new boring mecanism took from d3, but yeah, the hardcore fan of blizzard will tell you that the game is not boring at all actually