Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post

If that is true...What about Eversong Forest, Ghostlands, Azuremist Island....etc.? That is not content you can play?
    That's why I explicitly said after TBC... A new race was special the first time it got added.

- - - Updated - - -
    the d3 team is legit on the current WoW team.

After legion launched and was settled, Blizz brought in jay wilsone [/QUOTE]

This and this. That's what people always forget. I remember the day I saw Jay Wilson on the WoW Legion Panel. Had no good feeling about it.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    This and this. That's what people always forget. I remember the day I saw Jay Wilson on the WoW Legion Panel. Had no good feeling about it.
    It is wrong though. Jay Wilson quit Blizzard around 2 months before Legion launched. So he was only on the WoW team for about 3 years after leaving the D3 team. 2013 to 2016. There really isn't much to it and WoW is not "just like Diablo 3" because of it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is wrong though. Jay Wilson quit Blizzard around 2 months before Legion launched. So he was only on the WoW team for about 3 years after leaving the D3 team. 2013 to 2016. There really isn't much to it and WoW is not "just like Diablo 3" because of it.
    He was a big part in developing directions in legion

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    World Quests were great and exciting in Legion, then ok BfA, but now totally suck in SL. What happened to the kill one boss WQ's, instead we get these tedious and boring fill the XP bar WQ's and now they seem to take longer, one kill only gives you 1% or 2%, meaning it takes FOREVER to complete it, and by the time I hit 100% and complete the World Quest I am so freaking bored and frustrated.
    My first thought was, did they hire devs from Wildstar? Because that's exactly how objectives worked in that game and it wasn't popular there either.

What's Blizzard's sick form of torture of being so anti getting around the game world quickly?
    I think it's part MAUs and part the lead devs being old school MMO players who miss the days of EQ. Contrary to the sentiment I often seen expressed here, waypoints didn't ruin the game experience in GW2 or ESO and I didn't see anyone complain about them in Suramar or Argus. Not offering fast travel in a world as large as WoW's now just seems archaic.

Legion was a nightmare for me on my old PC with all the loading screens, it could take up for 4 minutes just to go from my class hall->Dalaran->Argus, even though I have a new(er) PC now I'm not happy to hear the situation in SL is worse. I was really hoping Argus and Suramar were a sign Blizzard was finally going to bring transit up to date with other MMOs, but apparently not.
    "People with depression score higher on tests of realism. Intelligence is positively correlated with mental illness and suicide. What this indicates is that if the mind understands too much about reality, it wants to destroy itself. Human life is existential horror."

He was a big part in developing directions in legion
    He was still one person. He wasn't even the game director or assistant game director. While he may have been a senior member of the team it didn't all rest on him or his ideas. He really is just used as a scapegoat because people dislike him over the D3 controversy and they looked to much into similar things shared between Diablo 3 and WoW. WQs while hated by some are still a popular thing.

The entire "But its d3 like in wow" has always been a silly statement. So what.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Rick View Post
    I mean its only 1% of the player base if you completed the instance... if you only did a few bosses you fall in a much wider population. The fact that no one apparently cared or checked leads me to believe you don't really speak for the more competitive side of the game.
    Nah dude, I didin't finish uldir but completed BoD and nyalotha. We were about 700-1000. I simply knew the math. There are way too many low skilled tryhards that instead of trying to master their class thinks, farm irrelevant 0.3% upgrades for hours is "the play". Was in 3 guilds, nobody gave a single flying fuck as long as you weren't considerably lower than others - and that cannot happen if you got the skill.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > SL > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Hillsbrad Fields. Southshore. Camp Taurajo. Thalanaar. Mirage Raceway. Steamwheedle Port. Auberdine. Honor's Stand was burned down and taken by the Alliance. Silverwind Refuge was taken by the Horde.
    oh wow 7 town in 16 years.. such wow , talk about not being static at all :P

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    the d3 team is legit on the current WoW team.

After legion launched and was settled, Blizz brought in jay wilsone

This and this. That's what people always forget. I remember the day I saw Jay Wilson on the WoW Legion Panel. Had no good feeling about it.[/QUOTE]

that and im sure thorghast is a test to implemente great rift to the game

you know ? the thing that killed d3 ?:P

man, the game need more story teller, not stupid new boring mecanism took from d3, but yeah, the hardcore fan of blizzard will tell you that the game is not boring at all actually

The problem is that Legion took massive resources to create. Blizz literally scrapped WoD development and gave us the longest content drought ever to create Legion.

BfA and SL are attempts to recreate Legion with half of Legion's budget and half of Legion's development time. Of course they end up sucking something fierce.

And the Garrison was a fantastic feature that created tons of options for goldmakers.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2021-03-02 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    The question to me is why you enjoyed Legion at all. It had all the crappy systems we hated in a worse form.

I guess artifacts were that shiny. I can say the story was better, cause despite what some devs and hardcore posters say, WoW is ready to move away from locked factions. Legion had a story that focused on our characters. It was personal, it made you feel connected. But, they pissed on our faces at the end by making us non canon and moving to "Champion!" again. Some nobody faction slave. Which continues into SL. They at least give extra recognition to the Deathlord, but it was just at the beggining.

Actually it's telling with their arguments at Blizzcon and the embarassing covenant shouts. What they don't realise is that they have already come up with something better than factions. Classes!
    Look on discord. Do you see a popular alliance or horde discord? No. People organise and identify with their classes. Honestly, it was the only thing to like about Legion, but heck if the devs realise it. Even when they hit gold they don't understand why.
    Because blizzard has to segment everything by expansion. Class fantasy? Legion. We will never give your class special attention again because that was Legion's thing. Class armor sets? Thats class fantasy so nope thats a Legion thing too. Blizzard just doesn't take any risks by making content that stays or forever mixes up gameplay. Instead of iterating they just delete stuff, turn the triangle upside down and call it something new *cough netherlight crucible*. Order halls could have been something that shaped our characters gameplay going forward, but thats a "Legion" thing so sorry. Blizzard spent all that time making the garrison, but now it just sits there in a bubble.

Next expansion the covenants will just he sitting there as outdated content too. Why do they keep making these systems they will just throw away?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Because blizzard has to segment everything by expansion. Class fantasy? Legion. We will never give your class special attention again because that was Legion's thing. Class armor sets? Thats class fantasy so nope thats a Legion thing too. Blizzard just doesn't take any risks by making content that stays or forever mixes up gameplay. Instead of iterating they just delete stuff, turn the triangle upside down and call it something new *cough netherlight crucible*. Order halls could have been something that shaped our characters gameplay going forward, but thats a "Legion" thing so sorry. Blizzard spent all that time making the garrison, but now it just sits there in a bubble.

Next expansion the covenants will just he sitting there as outdated content too. Why do they keep making these systems they will just throw away?
    My theory is that they have massive dev turnover and the new ones don't even know what a garrison or a class hall is

I wonder who are all these tards saying anima is only for cosmetic.

Players need anima to upgrade transport network, which facilitates traveling in home zone.
    Players need anima to run adventure missions, which reward gear, rep, mounts, pets.

"Anima is only for cosmetic" is clearly said tards who don't really play the game or understand covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post

Players need anima to upgrade transport network, which facilitates traveling in home zone.
    Players need anima to run adventure missions, which reward gear, rep, mounts, pets.

"Anima is only for cosmetic" is clearly said tards who don't really play the game or understand covenants.
    My paladin has 0 transport network because it’s 6k to get it to a slightly useful point

The gear is 194 which if you do normal raid is useless

You also get 194 from WQ

You can do all of your weekly chores including adventures on the 1k anima you get doing the weekly

Pets and mounts are also cosmetic

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    My paladin has 0 transport network because it’s 6k to get it to a slightly useful point

The gear is 194 which if you do normal raid is useless

You also get 194 from WQ

You can do all of your weekly chores including adventures on the 1k anima you get doing the weekly

Pets and mounts are also cosmetic
    Yes, so, in sum, Anima is not only for cosmetic.

Cosmetic and convinience*
    The gear is really useless... when you get to the point where you get 194 you probably allready clear other content... unless you don't pay that char beyond missiontable, which turn begs the question of the gear is of any use to you... becuase you don't use it anyway.

Btw "tards"? Really?

This would require work, so it wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I think the issue that is between the lines here and not being directly said is that you hit 60 and almost all endgame content is immediately available. There is no progression through content. All progression feels like trivial cosmetic stuff or marginal upgrades that are just used to access another difficulty of the same content you already did.

Even the damn world scales with you. There’s never a feeling of actually becoming more powerful, never a feeling of hitting a point where you are ready to take on new content. It’s a mobile game style repetitive grind.
    Saying the world scales with you and not feeling you are becoming more powerful is BS.

At least be honest when giving your opiniom about stuff.

It helps with the credibility you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Saying the world scales with you and not feeling you are becoming more powerful is BS.

At least be honest when giving your opiniom about stuff.

It helps with the credibility you know?
    but dont you know that you literally just walk into the beat warrens and one shot the maw mobs without any gear???
    /s

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, so, in sum, Anima is not only for cosmetic.
    it is
    if you try saying the transport network is so super duper useful then in 9.1 its just cosmetic
    you arent behind in any way if you dont make a transport network

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    it is
    if you try saying the transport network is so super duper useful then in 9.1 its just cosmetic
    you arent behind in any way if you dont make a transport network
    Transport network =/= cosmetic.

There is no need to discuss this.

What's Blizzard's sick form of torture of being so anti getting around the game world quickly?

- Shadowlands flight paths are the worst, always needing to fly to Oribos to get to another SL zone. Really Blizz, you think that's fun and cool?

- And easy on the load screens already. Holy cow it's load screen city in this game lately. And I have a fast gaming rig with 64GB DDR4 with a solid state drive and newest Intel CPU. And I'm sick of the load screens just kills the immersion MMO factor.

- No flight whistle? And why is that?

- Most classes have some form of quick fast walking or floating or whatnot on a cool down. But it's a sick joke, like DK's get Wraith Walk move fast for what several seconds, then wait on the long cool down. It's like Blizzard lives to tease us, ok you can move quickly, but only for a very short time, then back to crawling slow movement.

- The Maw. Who at Blizz thought a whole zone with virtually no mounting wouid be fun? Yeah you can grab that one mount in there, but still. It's basically no riding in The Maw just slow walking. How is that fun?

- Legacy old content, let us frigging mount up in old Raids abd Dungeons, or at least make the cool downs much shorter or last longer for our classes Wraith Walk type spells.
    We've had two expansions with traveling convenience such as the flight whistle.

Get the wormhole generator. Easy fix to your "issues".

Mounting in raids and dungeons to make them go faster?

Why not just give you all the shit you want when you log in? Why play the game at all, right?
    Hi