Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Big WoW player since launch, I still love this game 17 years later. Of the recent expansions the past 5+ years, I LOVED Legion, it's easily one of my fav expansions, so many cool new things to do in it, and it was a fresh and so fun, never stale or boring whatsoever. Class Halls, and artifact appearances, specific class mounts, and Mage Tower and a new class in Demon Hunter, they created Mythic + dungeons, etc...

But lately with BfA ( Legion 2.0 ) and now Shadowlands ( Legion 3.0 ) I'm starting to hit a wall in boredom of the same old, same old. It feels like Legion, just continued, but not in a good way.

And no, it's not just WoW or I am getting burned out or getting older with different interests, no it's specifically shitty WoW development. I love WoW, but we're basically on the third expansion in a row that have the stupid crappy systems and same stuff again and again.

World Quests were great and exciting in Legion, then ok BfA, but now totally suck in SL. What happened to the kill one boss WQ's, instead we get these tedious and boring fill the XP bar WQ's and now they seem to take longer, one kill only gives you 1% or 2%, meaning it takes FOREVER to complete it, and by the time I hit 100% and complete the World Quest I am so freaking bored and frustrated.

And the systems made in Legion were cool, and fresh, Artifacts and Legendary's, and Netherlight Crucible, etc... Then Blizzard blows it all up, and creates a whole new system for BfA with Azerite, and Essences, and Corruption ( Ugh the worst ) and then the next expansion Shadowlands, they nuke it all again, and give us a whole new set of stupid systems with Covenants, and Soul binds, and blah, blah, blah, holy fuck just stop this already Blizz.

Stop creating brand new game systems, it's the worst. We don't need Artifact or Azerite, or Covenant gear.

I don't want to grind for AP, or Azerite or Anima.

I don't want worse World Quests that are very time consuming and just boring AF.

Is there a possibility of a new creative team or director for the next expansion? I don't want Legion 4.0 anymore, I want a fresh take on WoW, new blood to take on the reigns. Whole new thought process for the game, no more Artifact or Azerite or Covenants, but part 4 in the next expansion, please no more.
    If we had the same stuff today that we had in legion everything would be cool, but no, we are devolving every expansion. Shadowlands is not Legion 3.0, its actually Legion 0.25

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    If we had the same stuff today that we had in legion everything would be cool, but no, we are devolving every expansion. Shadowlands is not Legion 3.0, its actually Legion 0.25
    Very good point.

Don't see how people can't admit Legion was a shot in the arm and had tons of great content after the boring WoD expansion. To me it was so full of stuff to do, never bored whatsoever.

BfA I didn't like at first, and was eagerly awaiting the next expansion after BfA, but now in hindsight I don't think BfA was so bad and looking back it was pretty good.

Azerite gear was sort of cool, and with a few tweaks should've stayed in Shadowlands.

Class Halls from Legion should've come back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Legion was... well, Legion. BfA was Legion 0.5, sure, but SL isn't even a Legion 0.25... It rather feels like one of those abominations you stitch at Maldraxxus, trying to mix things from both Legion and Vanilla/Classic. F***ing horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account

There is zero shame in admitting that Wow is no longer for you. Unsubbing and moving on with your life. Blizzard listens to dollar signs not heartfelt missives on MMOC. If you are really unhappy then show them, dont tell them.

- - - Updated - - -

Why should Blizzard listen to you and not some other person?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    I'm fairly certain AP/Azerite weren't capped weekly and didn't have a catchup mechanism where you can get all the way to the cap in 1-2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm fairly certain AP/Azerite weren't capped weekly and didn't have a catchup mechanism where you can get all the way to the cap in 1-2 weeks.
    They did have huge catchup in form of lowering requirement of older levels. New character could be with curve in about 1-2 days. A week if you aimed for higher level.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

First of all, you don't need to grind for anima at all whatsoever. I get my 1k anima a week from raids and dungeons. It's literally an irrelevant resource outside of cosmetics.
    Secondly, the world quests imo are some of the best made because you can legit never do them (see useless anima) and be happy as a progression based player. I will agree that they feel like they take way too long, but the world quest content for shadowlands was designed to take longer to give non-raiders and non-dungeoners something to do that doesn't take only 5 minutes.
    Thirdly, legion revolutionized WoW with all the new systems, so no wonder everything feels like legion 2.0 and so on when it's literally the foundation for the current game.
    Finally, if you're not complaining about doing the maw even though it's the only thing that feels semi-mandatory, you have no ground to stand on with your argument

Oh also, world quests in legion were not nearly as great as you seem to think they are. I still disliked them, but to you they were probably a new feature that brought excitement just because it was new. world quests in bfa felt the same as legion, but the terrain that you had to navigate through was just much worse.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me three or more times, I might just have a learning disability...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    My theory is that they have massive dev turnover and the new ones don't even know what a garrison or a class hall is
    Oh they know what it is. They renamed it to covenant, gave us 4 total instead of one per class (Legion) or one per player (WoD) and made the big shake up as "now you choose". They took the weapon (Legion) and the neck (BFA) and took them from being an item and instead watered it down into renown and soulbinds. The mission table and world quests pretty much just transfer right though all 3. Honestly the game is a lot like a call of duty game now. You essentially get the same thing over and over again. Maps, art, and theme get a good shake up but the game more or less stays the same. They just make it look different.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    plain false
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderquill View Post
    First of all, you don't need to grind for anima at all whatsoever. I get my 1k anima a week from raids and dungeons. It's literally an irrelevant resource outside of cosmetics.
    Secondly, the world quests imo are some of the best made because you can legit never do them (see useless anima) and be happy as a progression based player. I will agree that they feel like they take way too long, but the world quest content for shadowlands was designed to take longer to give non-raiders and non-dungeoners something to do that doesn't take only 5 minutes.
    Thirdly, legion revolutionized WoW with all the new systems, so no wonder everything feels like legion 2.0 and so on when it's literally the foundation for the current game.
    Finally, if you're not complaining about doing the maw even though it's the only thing that feels semi-mandatory, you have no ground to stand on with your argument

Oh also, world quests in legion were not nearly as great as you seem to think they are. I still disliked them, but to you they were probably a new feature that brought excitement just because it was new. world quests in bfa felt the same as legion, but the terrain that you had to navigate through was just much worse.
    Imagine this, where you are happy to be able to skip everything. And it is not about you not wanting to do them. But others dont have anything but this content you gladly skip, and what they want is behind hard grind this content you can gladly skip. And it's shit. Fuck them I guess as long as it's good for you?
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-03-06 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Ofc there were catchup mechanism.

Artifact knowledge increased every week. And Azerite gain was hugely boosted over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Imagine this, where you are happy to be able to skip everything. And it is not about you not wanting to do them. But others dont have anything but this content you gladly skip, and what they want is behind hard grind this content you can gladly skip. And it's shit. Fuck them I guess as long as it's good for you?
    This is what I don’t get: People arguing “you don’t have to do the bad content/systems” like that fixes the problem. If two thirds of the game is bad optional content, that’s really terrible design. I don’t want to raid log, or run 500 M+ a week, or just do arena. That’s boring to me. I want to play an MMO.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

5+ Year Old Account
    They've managed to make SL even MORE alt unfriendly than pre 8.3 BfA. That's quite an achievement in itself, even taking the revamped (and greatly shortened) levelling into account.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-03-06 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I think the best thing that clearly demonstrates how lazy Blizz has become is the AP grind.

In Legion, it was Artifact Power. In BfA, it was Azerite Power. In SL, it's Anima Power.

Blizz has gotten so very lazy that they don't even want to change the initials. The developers know how badly Blizz leadership is starving the game of funds (that they could easily spend and that the playerbase absolutely deserves), so they are trolling us with AP.

To the OP, there is absolutely no possibility of a new creative team or director that would have any impact. Blizz is run by accounting leadership who don't care one bit about the game, only maximizing profits. Any new creative team or director will remain handicapped by the lack of necessary resources to give WoW what it deserves.

Stop giving all your money to lazy behemoths like Blizz, and start giving your money to gaming companies that care about their products. Yes, the developers may not keep their job at places like Blizz, but if you support the smaller companies who care, they will, in turn, hire the developers that are forced to flee Blizz.

I am quite happy with SL as a whole.

The only 2 things i am missing in wow now are:

1. Nonlinear dungeons... the dungeons are so bland and same-y despite every last one using different art. It is basically always just a tube with mobs and bosses at certain points. The bosses and mechanics are great and i also like mythic+ but seriously. Just make a few dungeons and for all i care don't open them up to mythic+. Or do and just don't care about freaking MDI for once. Who actually watches that?

2. More stories seperate from the main plot. Main plot is good imho. And should always culminate in a raid. But there needs to be more in the open world. We have so many world quests no one cares about. Every faction is tied to the main plot. Where are the Seprent guys from MOP, Ogrila from BC, SOns of Hodir, SPoreggar... just something NOT tied to WQs, who also definetly overstayed their welcome. I am at a point where i would like to have dailys with a cap back. There are still to many WQ to even care about what i am doing there. Give me something to do where i have lore reason to actually do it. Let me build up a base somewhere for a faction that helps us but has no connection to the main stuff. We just do it because we are good guys/need a ressource or something.

So you're sick of current WoW - mainly the systems and the quest structure but haven't really offered anything in terms of possible suggestions other than you just want to kill 1 boss and be done with in terms of world quests which blatantly isn't going to happen. There are quests like that currently i.e. Mortanis kill him and get 250anima plus possibly a 200ilvl loot drop.

The main thing for me is I wish they remove 1) the anima catchup system for alts. It is ok for those who have a lot of time but those who have a full time job and a family to look after it is still time consuming and tedious. The amount of time it'll take for me to get my alt HC raid ready even with doing all sorts of shortcuts is still too much imo. Share Venari repuation too...that is the WORST.

if only bfa and shadowlands were legion-like. classes played never better during legion. it was a steady improvement from expansion to expansion, peaking in legion, and then being shit again during bfa and shadowlands

And no, it's not just WoW or I am getting burned out or getting older with different interests, no it's specifically shitty WoW development. I love WoW, but we're basically on the third expansion in a row that have the stupid crappy systems and same stuff again and again.
    That is absolutely it and you're just in denial. Legion, BFA, and now SL have been very different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I am quite happy with SL as a whole.

The only 2 things i am missing in wow now are:

1. Nonlinear dungeons... the dungeons are so bland and same-y despite every last one using different art. It is basically always just a tube with mobs and bosses at certain points. The bosses and mechanics are great and i also like mythic+ but seriously. Just make a few dungeons and for all i care don't open them up to mythic+. Or do and just don't care about freaking MDI for once. Who actually watches that?

2. More stories seperate from the main plot. Main plot is good imho. And should always culminate in a raid. But there needs to be more in the open world. We have so many world quests no one cares about. Every faction is tied to the main plot. Where are the Seprent guys from MOP, Ogrila from BC, SOns of Hodir, SPoreggar... just something NOT tied to WQs, who also definetly overstayed their welcome. I am at a point where i would like to have dailys with a cap back. There are still to many WQ to even care about what i am doing there. Give me something to do where i have lore reason to actually do it. Let me build up a base somewhere for a faction that helps us but has no connection to the main stuff. We just do it because we are good guys/need a ressource or something.
    For #1, this has been a "problem" with dungeons since TBC in them being linear hallways. It's not really a Shadowlands thing.

Ironically, Legion (Return to Karazhan), BFA (Mechagon), and now Shadowlands (broker dungeon) are the only expansions to introduce a really large scale dungeon.

I do prefer daily hub building/rep style than WQ. I'd prefer both.