Thread: New Computer

New Computer

I recently bought a laptop as it's just so much easier as a travel nurse. I had the interface folder synced with google drive but when I went to replace the file none of my settings had transferred over. Is there something I need to do for next time cuz redoing the settings for every addon well........

The Interface folder only contains addon code and any media files. You also need the WTF folder for all of your settings and addon data.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Thank you 'O wise computer person!

Quote Originally Posted by OhBoyKittens View Post
    Thank you 'O wise computer person!
    yea just keep a back-up of interface, wtf and cache. On top of that Id maybe even do another back up of individual characters thats in the wtf folder...Say "Mageisfun" is your main, who you did most of the addon-work on, copy his profile....Can never be safe enough.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    yea just keep a back-up of interface, wtf and cache. On top of that Id maybe even do another back up of individual characters thats in the wtf folder...Say "Mageisfun" is your main, who you did most of the addon-work on, copy his profile....Can never be safe enough.
    You really can't. Especially when it'll take you 4 hours to go through every addons settings and it still wont be exactly like before.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    yea just keep a back-up of interface, wtf and cache.
    Do not backup the cache folder. In fact, Blizzard suggests deleting it occasionally. There's no point to backing it up. A bad cache is usually the source of tooltip errors or other game oddities. The point of that folder is to save whatever compiling data the client does between server data and the game install as you play, allowing things like items, spells, npcs, or objects you come across regularly to load their data slightly faster. It works the same way as a browser cache, which should also be deleted occasionally. I personally delete it weekly, I have a program that wipes it every Tuesday morning.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet