Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic Dungeon International 2021 - Cup 3

Mythic Dungeon International 2021 - Cup 3
    Mythic Dungeon International 2021 Cup 3 has started! Watch top teams from around the world fight for their share of the weekly $20,000 prize pool, and points used to advance to the MDI Season 1 Global Finals.

Last edited by Lumy; 2021-03-03 at 12:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trying to be a jerk by asking this; I am legitimately ignorant...

Is there anyone who actually cares about this?

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post

I care not as well. Boring.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Certainly not me.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I am having trouble comprehending the levels of awtism it took to create this post. You were actively trying to not be a jerk but you've failed so miserably. The only information conveyed in your post is that you are a jerk and you want people to feel bad for liking MDI. Im not sure you could have phrased your post to come off as more of a jerk. You and posters like you are the reason Ghostcrawler abandoned us

Quote Originally Posted by Mithickplys View Post
    I am having trouble comprehending the levels of awtism it took to create this post. You were actively trying to not be a jerk but you've failed so miserably. The only information conveyed in your post is that you are a jerk and you want people to feel bad for liking MDI. Im not sure you could have phrased your post to come off as more of a jerk. You and posters like you are the reason Ghostcrawler abandoned us
    Hiding behind a new acc ! imagine being so scared that even in the digital world where noone can harm you you hide ! i weep for your life dude

I have watched all 3 MDIs so far. It's getting repetitive, alto teams are still coming up with better tactics. Shame that they opt. to skip Seasonal affix. At least with Awakened you had to come of with some stupid tactics to deal with it

SNOOOOOOZE fest. JB thinks MDI deserves to be recognized more but its so boring and repetitive its not sustainable. Plus, I can't watch the thumb with a face talk anymore ill lose my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I have watched all 3 MDIs so far. It's getting repetitive, alto teams are still coming up with better tactics. Shame that they opt. to skip Seasonal affix. At least with Awakened you had to come of with some stupid tactics to deal with it
    The funniest moment for me today was - and this really happened- someone died on the left of the stream and I couldn’t remember what class he was, so I instinctively looked on the right side to see what classes they had cuz I knew they’d be the same lol

Aside, it’s nice that the healers are being switched up... to holy Paladin and disc priest, with a few dungeon specific dps here and there...

But Yeah, it’s boring... but the part that bugs me the most are the casters. They have a total bias for the top teams, compare the bottom teams to them - but do it in a denigrating way - to the point it’s like why are you not just doing echo vs perplexed or whoeneber else... why bother having anyone else in the tournament when these guys sit there for hours talking about how “these other teams need to go and practice” “they can’t compete” “echo is just on another level”— that’s just not compelling casting.

That and their hyped up screaming is pretty something. Lol

It would probably be a bit more interesting if every tank wasn't a Demon hunter, every healer a priest and every comp having mage/boomkin/monk/rogue/dk as dps. It's essentially half the classes and a fifth of the specs doing the same thing over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    It would probably be a bit more interesting if every tank wasn't a Demon hunter, every healer a priest and every comp having mage/boomkin/monk/rogue/dk as dps. It's essentially half the classes and a fifth of the specs doing the same thing over and over.
    It would likely be a bit better if they would friggen need shadow meld. It has plenty of useless besides the cheesing they’re doing

That’d open up more things since night elf is friggen required so most classes are a no go.

Or at least prideful interaction with invisible people...
    Last edited by kiramon; 2021-03-01 at 05:28 AM.

I don't usually watch these, but I saw some of it live streamed on youtube earlier and it was pretty good. Echo did amazing during Spires of Ascension. Made some difficult pulls look like world quest trash.

Perfectly valid question. I enjoy m+, but watching this is actually more boring than Curling. Sure it has it's fanbase, but it's pitiful low.
    I remember in Legion it was actually fun, but not sure cause m+ was new and felt fresh. SL mythic plus has never felt so boring to watch, BFA I tuned in and I stayed for longer than I do now.

When it's seemingly on every few weeks & every team plays similarly? It's hard to care after the first few rounds. I have been enjoying the arena stuff though, despite being more of a PvE guy in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    When it's seemingly on every few weeks & every team plays similarly? It's hard to care after the first few rounds. I have been enjoying the arena stuff though, despite being more of a PvE guy in general.
    They also just watch others and try to copy their strat (for the most part it means they watch echo and try practicing their strat for a week).

Makes for some real exciting matches... yawn

Usually try to see the Echo matches, which means that I see 3-4 matches on the MDI weekends. That way it doesn't get that repetative for me.

I would also have enjoyed seeing more class variety, playing into the strengths of the various specs within each role, but I can see that MDI is a niche. It would be nice though that specs like fire mage and disc priest in particualr didn't fill all the niches of the game though.

Its boring for me as the teams arent playing against each other, but just running against timers.

15+ Year Old Account
    While arenas arenas are more fun to watch, this scripted junk content is pointless.
    It encourages robot play.

I kindy enjoy doing m+ lower keys with pugs (m10 and lower), but this "wow esport" is a joke and soo boring to watch. Wow isnt really a esport material despite blizzard forcing it on us.

I liked it more when we had more entertaining and varied casters. I want to have Rich back - and Sloot, although he can be a real jerk sometimes.