LFG Addon that filters boosts?

I normally run m+ with friends and guildies but with some more time in my hands I tried plugging some keys. Well when trying to find groups, I just see almost half the listing being boost sellers. Doesn't matter if I'm filtering for +10-15, I have to sift and report endlessly the [WTS] and [Promo] listings just to get actual results that I can apply for.

Is there some addon that filters off groups with "WTS" and such from their title? Better yet, is there some search function that exists in the base UI I can use?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Badboy does this but you need to manually add phrases like "mythic" "selling" wts" "boost" etc

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Badboy does this but you need to manually add phrases like "mythic" "selling" wts" "boost" etc
    Yeah, I'll try anything at this point. Getting carpal tunnel reporting all these advertisements just to clean up the lfg.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Badboy did this back when it was possible. Right now, addons can't do anything to the LFG list.

Quote Originally Posted by cremor View Post
    Badboy did this back when it was possible. Right now, addons can't do anything to the LFG list.
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/lfgspamfilter

This addon wants a word with you. It works far better then badboy at cleaning up the lfg tool. Enjoy!

global ignore list.

Must be an enormous marked for buying boost. Who are these low lifers who buy achieves in a game? Why even play?
    Will test out lfgspamfilter

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post

This addon wants a word with you. It works far better then badboy at cleaning up the lfg tool. Enjoy!
    The page you linked even says this:
    Filtering directly by using the group name, description or voice info is sadly not possible. These strings have been made protected by Blizzard in BFA and cannot be directly read by addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Name and description in the tool is protected, so this isn't possible anymore afaik

I just search for "WTS" and "boost" and report everything I see to get it off the list before I start looking for real groups. Of course, with dozens and dozens of groups it takes awhile, and a lot of them will repopulate while you're looking but it's kinda the best you can do.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2021-03-01 at 11:31 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by cremor View Post
    The page you linked even says this:
    Did you try the addon? You won't see boosting groups if you use it. Not really interested in how it works, but it does work. It also gives a report button to the left of each group to click (making it much faster to report in mass if some ads do get through).

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Must be an enormous marked for buying boost. Who are these low lifers who buy achieves in a game? Why even play?
    Will test out lfgspamfilter
    Low lifers? For some people it is the only way they can get a +10 group to get the achievement. It is not because they don't have the ability, but because there are so many (choose your own derogatory word) "good" players that will not take anyone without the score or achievement.
    Judging by your post cface, you are one of the aforementioned players.

7+ Year Old Account
    sad that this is where we are in teh game now. why i stopped retail. classic is more fun more engaging and teh gogogogogogogogogogogo mentality is not nearly as prevalent. at least not on my server.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

BadBoy plus BadBoy_CCleaner does the job perfectly. All i see in Trade are guild recruitment and WTB-WTS messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post

This addon is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by msan View Post
    BadBoy plus BadBoy_CCleaner does the job perfectly. All i see in Trade are guild recruitment and WTB-WTS messages.
    While true, the OP was talking about filtering the lfg tool when looking for groups. But I agree, badboy is great for trade chat.