Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Realistic portrayal of the Alliance within World of Warcraft

Anduin wouldn't of been able to inherit the High King title. Because that's a military rank, bestowed upon Varian by a count between the Alliance's leaders.
    If this was actually real, the Dwarves would've either cut themselves off from the Alliance, the Night Elves wouldn't co-operate with the Humans anymore, Genn would focus on trying to reclaim Gilneas, the Gnomes would side with the Dwarves because Anduin being named High King would just reek of corruption. He's just a boy, not fit to rule the Alliance as a military leader.
    Obviously the leaders of the races besides Humans would look very, very weak towards their people. They would think that their leaders are weak, that they don't care about them. That they bow down before the Humans. The races of non humans would revolt against their leaders.

The Humans, as a side note, are culturally taking over the Alliance as some sort of Imperialistic government. The state that every race is donned in Stormwind armor tells enough.

If we were really realistic, the Elves wouldn't allow themselves to get governed by a Human. But that ship has sailed.

Anyway, let's say Anduin wouldn't have been able to be High King. His kingdom, his lords would've already tried to usurp him by the point of the battle for Lordaeron, as he is weak military wise and weak physically wise (it's canon that Anduin SUCKS as a sword fighter, even his warrior of a father gave up on him). He doesn't interact with the Lords and nobels of Stormwind anymore, hell Varian didn't either after WotLK. It's like they all died or something.

Ah but, I forgot. This IS Blizzard. I forgot that, they don't do those storylines anymore. Nope, only Marvel-esque storytelling allowed here. Something something writers and twitter something. You know the deal.

Only fictional storylines of extraterrestial threats are allowed here. No infighting allowed, unless you faction is the Horde.

BUT WAIT:
    Somehow, somehow, the Orcs were content with Sylvanas being named Warchief, despite the Orcs having almost no good standing with the Undead thanks to the Wrathgate, Garrosh Hellscream and his propaganda against them, aswell as their "dishonorable" tactics on the battlefield. Imagine Sylvanas being named Warchief in the heart of Orgrimmar and no Orcs within the city made up of mostly Orcs would dispute that claim of title and challenge her to a mak'gora.
    Sylvanas has neither interacted much with the Horde apart from her involvement with the Lich King one dungeon and that one time she took the spotlight from Vol'jin, because the writer's were already setting her as Warchief before the dude even got stabbed from a demon. Besides those moments, all she interacted with was the throne in her Throne room and the Forsaken.

So I guess even both factions get screwed logically wise and this whole ordeal is just a fallacy of writer's just writing whatever the fuck they want instead of being consistent and truthful to the source, but who gives a SHIT when you can just write that everything's happy with eachother in this perfect world of Azeroth and you can just go back and retcon and change things to your liking because you're too uncreative to come up with anything new so your only solution is to change things that happened before your time because you think you somehow come off as creative in doing so but instead you just disrespect the whole franchise with your gibberish and bias towards your favorite characters.

We literally just dealt with the infighting of Kul'Tiras last expansion. What do you mean no infighting?

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    We literally just dealt with the infighting of Kul'Tiras last expansion. What do you mean no infighting?
    What kind of infighting was there? Jaina looking sad into the camera for 2 cinematics?

5+ Year Old Account
    It’s sad that personality represented by Anduin is considered weak. Why dwarves would leave Alliance for that reason? Ironforge is like the best weapon supply. Plus we have Genn and Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    It’s sad that personality represented by Anduin is considered weak. Why dwarves would leave Alliance for that reason? Ironforge is like the best weapon supply. Plus we have Genn and Turalyon.
    Because the Dwarves are right now the most dominant force in the Alliance military wise. They are the ones crafting the tanks and their manpower is also bigger than anyone else within the Alliance. Why would they let themselves be governed by a Human king that inherited his military rank, and is weak on top of that?

Let's be honest, Anduin doesn't make a great leader. He would be a great friend though! I get you! He's a friendly little fella.
    But supposedly everyone automatically likes him aside from the bad guys for some reason. Maybe that's how we know they're a villian. They don't like Anduin, boom, there's your bad guy.

Oh and also, if you have to ask the question why an 18 year old boy with no military experiences is just made High King aka supreme commander of the Alliance like that, which would mean he's the one leading your own men within the Alliance and making all the big decisions in terms of war is seen as a bad thing, then I'm done talking to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Oh and also, if you have to ask the question why an 18 year old boy with no military experiences is just made High King aka supreme commander of the Alliance like that, which would mean he's the one leading your own men within the Alliance and making all the big decisions in terms of war is seen as a bad thing, then I'm done talking to you.
    Like every ruler, he has advisors for that reason, who's he always constantly meeting with as shown in game even.

You're also missing that he's the one who helped uncover the Twilight Cults infiltration in Stormwind during Cataclysm. He's also made massive headway in Pandaria by meeting with Xuen and getting the gates to be opened, also stopping Garrosh from using the Divine Bell.

And to your complaint that he's weak...he blasted a tank with the light. He mass healed an army. He single handedly took on a dreadlord.
    Pretending he's weak isn't an argument, it's just misrepresenting him to try to make an argument.

5+ Year Old Account
    Because the Dwarves are right now the most dominant force in the Alliance military wise. They are the ones crafting the tanks and their manpower is also bigger than anyone else within the Alliance. Why would they let themselves be governed by a Human king that inherited his military rank, and is weak on top of that?

Let's be honest, Anduin doesn't make a great leader. He would be a great friend though! I get you! He's a friendly little fella.
    But supposedly everyone automatically likes him aside from the bad guys for some reason. Maybe that's how we know they're a villian. They don't like Anduin, boom, there's your bad guy.

You just wait and see he is not as weak as you think. I’ve done nearly every quest in game on Alliance side, he’s extremely powerful. Experience will come with age.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    You just wait and see he is not as weak as you think. I’ve done nearly every quest in game on Alliance side, he’s extremely powerful. Experience will come with age.
    So he literally went from a cripple to a powerful god like being deity in just a few expansions? Sounds mary sueish

5+ Year Old Account
    So he literally went from a cripple to a powerful god like being deity in just a few expansions? Sounds mary sueish
    I don’t really understand what are you trying to tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Like every ruler, he has advisors for that reason, who's he always constantly meeting with as shown in game even.

You're also missing that he's the one who helped uncover the Twilight Cults infiltration in Stormwind during Cataclysm. He's also made massive headway in Pandaria by meeting with Xuen and getting the gates to be opened, also stopping Garrosh from using the Divine Bell.

And to your complaint that he's weak...he blasted a tank with the light. He mass healed an army. He single handedly took on a dreadlord.
    Pretending he's weak isn't an argument, it's just misrepresenting him to try to make an argument.
    Those are at utmost diplomatic skills, which he doesn't seem very good at with Garrosh and the whole divine bell thing.
    As the above comment pointed out, that one crippled him and it was CANONICALLY stated that he would never recover from it and that it would get worse as he aged.

PLUS he sucked at sword fighting, CONFIRMED IN A BOOK, I think it was the one with Garrosh. I can't remember. But now he's leaping into the air like a renowned warrior one shotting a tank? Do I hear that right?

So either, he gets marvel esque superpowers like the light basically being spidersenses in his bones for evil, but he recovered from that aswell on top.

How exactly are you guys proving my point that this isn't literally writers writing marvel universe storylines for WoW?
    As for his advisors, they literally, never speak out against him. ATMOST Genn says something like "uhh Anduin are you sure its the right thing to do" and guess fucking what, little golden boy is proven right every fucking time cause the storyline bends around in his favor every fucking time.

Those are at utmost diplomatic skills, which he doesn't seem very good at with Garrosh and the whole divine bell thing.
    As the above comment pointed out, that one crippled him and it was CANONICALLY stated that he would never recover from it and that it would get worse as he aged.

PLUS he sucked at sword fighting, CONFIRMED IN A BOOK, I think it was the one with Garrosh. I can't remember. But now he's leaping into the air like a renowned warrior one shotting a tank? Do I hear that right?

So either, he gets marvel esque superpowers like the light basically being spidersenses in his bones for evil, but he recovered from that aswell on top.

How exactly are you guys proving my point that this isn't literally writers writing marvel universe storylines for WoW?
    As for his advisors, they literally, never speak out against him. ATMOST Genn says something like "uhh Anduin are you sure its the right thing to do" and guess fucking what, little golden boy is proven right every fucking time cause the storyline bends around in his favor every fucking time.
    So Jaina sucks at sword fighting. Gul'dan sucks at sword fighting. Velen sucks at sword fighting. Hell, I bet even Illidan sucks at sword fighting since he doesn't use swords.
    In a world where magic can be used to enhance strength, why would they care if you suck at sword fighting if you can still swing the sword like a hammer and blast a tank?

And to use Garrosh as a point of "not being good at diplomacy" is also not really a point against Anduin, Garrosh listened to no one. That isn't a testament to Anduin's shortcomings, but rather Garrosh's. Keep in mind, even in the end Garrosh still talked to Anduin when he was in jail. Even if it didn't amount to much, the fact that he still actually talked to him shows overall that Anduin is rather good at diplomacy if he got the most stubborn/human-hating orc to actually talk to a human.

For your last point, you're really saying that after an expansion just happened where Tyrande basically gave him the middle finger and did what she wanted, while Genn followed suit in a more polite way?

Mind you, you're moving the point from
    "If this was realistic, Anduin would have been pushed off/usurped" to "Well I know that he wouldn't have been, but it's only due to Marvel story telling!" which...well, that's what WoW has basically been all along? Varian fused with another Varian to become powered up by a wolf god and that was fine?

What kind of infighting was there? Jaina looking sad into the camera for 2 cinematics?
    Drustvar, Stormsong, and Tiragarde each had their own state of civil war we had to deal with.

The Alliance was so busy dealing with their own problems in BFA that they had no idea why they were going into Uldir for the first raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So Jaina sucks at sword fighting. Gul'dan sucks at sword fighting. Velen sucks at sword fighting. Hell, I bet even Illidan sucks at sword fighting since he doesn't use swords.
    In a world where magic can be used to enhance strength, why would they care if you suck at sword fighting if you can still swing the sword like a hammer and blast a tank?

And to use Garrosh as a point of "not being good at diplomacy" is also not really a point against Anduin, Garrosh listened to no one. That isn't a testament to Anduin's shortcomings, but rather Garrosh's. Keep in mind, even in the end Garrosh still talked to Anduin when he was in jail. Even if it didn't amount to much, the fact that he still actually talked to him shows overall that Anduin is rather good at diplomacy if he got the most stubborn/human-hating orc to actually talk to a human.

For your last point, you're really saying that after an expansion just happened where Tyrande basically gave him the middle finger and did what she wanted, while Genn followed suit in a more polite way?

Mind you, you're moving the point from
    "If this was realistic, Anduin would have been pushed off/usurped" to "Well I know that he wouldn't have been, but it's only due to Marvel story telling!" which...well, that's what WoW has basically been all along? Varian fused with another Varian to become powered up by a wolf god and that was fine?
    No Varian was also a trash character and a way for Metzen thinking on "how to make the Alliance as cool as the Horde by giving them a blue warchief". I don't think Varian is a great character either but then I'd have to dig deeper than that. If you look at Varian his story, it's almost a copy of Thrall with the whole gladiator thing. The fact that people are mad with lore characters stealing lore kills but are okay with Varian basically soloing Onyxia as canon lol... Maybe they don't know his backstory as much.

I'm not even moving on. I still stand clear there would be lords and nobels trying to usurp Anduin.
    So the boy would make a great diplomat? Okay. That's one thing I'll give him. He's good at diplomacy when the opportunity is there, but against other leaders who aren't as diplomatic, he's horrible because they basically know Anduin is tame when it comes to taking action. Which is why he just stood there watching as Tyrande left, alongside Genn following her. Because he somehow knows they will walk against the lamp, because the writers will write it that way in the end probably.

No Varian was also a trash character and a way for Metzen thinking on "how to make the Alliance as cool as the Horde by giving them a blue warchief". I don't think Varian is a great character either but then I'd have to dig deeper than that. If you look at Varian his story, it's almost a copy of Thrall with the whole gladiator thing. The fact that people are mad with lore characters stealing lore kills but are okay with Varian basically soloing Onyxia as canon lol... Maybe they don't know his backstory as much.

I'm not even moving on. I still stand clear there would be lords and nobels trying to usurp Anduin.
    So the boy would make a great diplomat? Okay. That's one thing I'll give him. He's good at diplomacy when the opportunity is there, but against other leaders who aren't as diplomatic, he's horrible because they basically know Anduin is tame when it comes to taking action. Which is why he just stood there watching as Tyrande left, alongside Genn following her. Because he somehow knows they will walk against the lamp, because the writers will write it that way in the end probably.
    Good diplomacy has never been important to maintaining large alliances throughout history. How are those Roosevelt and Churchill guys even important? Hitler had way more tanks and was far more assertive, how could he have not won? It's almost as if Churchill and Roosevelt cooperated or something, like they were allied. In an alliance. And their superior tactical intelligence and diplomatic abilities helped them defeat the stupid and diplomatically-stunted Hitler, who alienated most of his few allies and just went around conquering shit.

Management skills are not important to leading a nation, much less several nations! Trickery!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a Night Elf I despise Anduin Wrynn.

In fact, he's a disgrace to the name 'Wrynn.'
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Varian’S time as a slave wasn’t at all like thrall’S with the only similarity being that they were pit fighters.

Thrall was raised as a slave varian was minded wipped and found.
    Thrall fought alone varian had a team.
    Thrall was a slave for his whole upbringing varian was a slave for like a month.

The two aren’t at all the same story.

Why would any of the lords even want to take anduins place? They would have to give up living the high life to deal with the diplomacy of the rest of the alliance and deal with the massive backlash of the peasants who had multiple violent uprising against varian because he didn’t care about them, they’d have to be insane to covet that job.

Varian was just the first example. Also it's not like tragic gladiator background is really unique, Valeera was one too.

Illidan became super demon from eating a skull.

Diplomacy is more rarer than "Marvel-eqsue" strength in WoW.

3+ Year Old Account
    Anduin is still a poor leader
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans would be horrible like in real life. Warcraft 2 and 3 did a better job at showing realistic human kingdoms. Its a shame really the Alliance was way more interesting when the light wasn't shining out of its ass 24/7. Thats why Varian was so popular and Anduin is beyond lame.

Sounds a lot like Garrosh, honestly. Sick with pox, exiled to Garadar, told he was too weak to be a real orc and would be better off dead, and wracked with crippling depression. Then he's commanding armies, fighting dragons, and forging world- and time-spanning threats in just a few expansions.