Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    What's odd is that, outside of recruiting the taunka, the Blood Oath is never again utilized or even mentioned. Every people to become members of the Horde are inducted with a few words and a nod from the Warchief (or council member, as with the vulpera).

I understand its absence does not mean it has become non-canon, but you'd think with all the attention put on allied races we'd have had someone speak the words again.
    Before the Vulpera chain, I presumed that this was because the Allied Races weren't specifically joining each faction, but instead just acting as allies. That is, an Allied Race would be there to help out, but wouldn't have voting rights and really wouldn't be forced to do anything. Hence why they wouldn't need a Blood Oath. Though as you said, we haven't used it outside of the Taunka quest anywhere...the Blood Elves & Goblins never to my knowledge had to take that oath.

Given that the Horde no longer has a Warchief, one has to assume the Blood Oath is gone for good. I'd love to see Blizz replace it with a new oath, one that accurately reflects the council setup and talks about what to do in peacetime as well as wartime.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    -snip-
    even if you remove Garithos out of the picture

even if you decide whether Alliance of Lordaeron is the same as the Grand Alliance or not

even if you remove the Night Elf saboteurs out of the picture

the fact still remains that the Alliance never helped the Blood Elves from the Scourge for 6 years. They abandoned them. The only ones to actually help them from the Scourge were the Forsaken, and the Horde.

Imagine being in some war torn country with extremely scare food and water and then there's zombies and then there's terrorists and then your people have extremely low morale and are getting relapses and/or confusion, and then when you finally recover after on your own after too much effort and sacrifice and extremely disgusting yet necessary and pragmatic solutions, you see the rest of the world actually thriving and doing good and they never helped you. I'd be definitely mad at them too
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I think Blizzard couldn't possibly make the Alliance more OP if they even tried.

They have two galactic races. One that came from a space ship. Another being the most popular model of Elves now has knowledge to the abyss of the cosmos. (Void) The Golden boy of the franchise. (Most important trump) Another character that is the only remaining male character that is allowed to show some type of aggression. Jaina/Elsa Disney rip off. Tyrande going rambo. Magni having attuned him to the titan world-soul of Azeroth itself and spent a lot of time in BFA. Humans being more powerful mages than the originators of magic.

While the Horde is in self loathing and pity. Dealing with constant inner strife among themselves. The only alien race that they have are capable of making mudhuts.

Why do people prefer the Horde? Maybe underdog complex? I am not entirely sure. I just don't understand what more the posters on here could possibly want for Alliance.. my suggestion to make them more popular is to give us new more relatable female characters and Anduin to have more interesting love interests.

Gameplay wise.. I thought Alliance had the better racials, but I am aware of the big shift happened with the playerbase. So not entirely sure if the racials are even still a thing over there.

Disclaimer: No Gnomes were mentioned in this post. As Blizzard gave them Mechagon last expansion and it is a well known fact no one enjoys them.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-03-06 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Jaina/Elsa Disney rip off.
    You do realize that Jaina existed like a decade before that Disney movie? If anything Elsa is a rip off of Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Why do people prefer the Horde? Maybe underdog complex? I am not entirely sure. I just don't understand what more the posters on here could possibly want for Alliance.. my suggestion to make them more popular is to give us new more relatable female characters and Anduin to have more interesting love interests.
    Most people pick Horde for gameplay reasons. Racials and alegedly a better PvE community. Another big group picked it for Belfs in the past.

How many relatable females do we need? Jaina, Alleria, Calia (factually Alliance), Vareesa and Valeera (ditto), Tyrande, Shandris, Moira, Taelia and I am sure I forgot one or two...

As for Anduin's love life. I agree from a practical standpoint. I don't care who he is in love with but we need heirs. Urgently. Might even be too late already. Pretty sure Taelia was introduced to be our new queen, but they sure take their time with it. Even Thalryssa and Lor'themar got their love story already.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    It’s sad that personality represented by Anduin is considered weak. Why dwarves would leave Alliance for that reason? Ironforge is like the best weapon supply. Plus we have Genn and Turalyon.
    He is literally engaging in nothing but appeasement politics and rather supports a war criminal of multiple genocides who openly admits to have slaughtered children and yet still escaped any form of justice or punishment than his military allies, who are by nature of military alliances actually entitled to his full support, who just suffered a genocide orchestrated by said war criminal in their effort to reclaim their lands. He is not only weak, he is immoral. His first action after capturing Saurfang should have been to allow both the Draenei and the Night Elves to put him on war crime trials. Also isn't he also kind of a misogynist who constantly paints the justified anger of woman who suffered war crimes as them going mad, while fully empathizing with a man who literally genocided and killed children for the honor of doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Not only do earthen not equal dwarfs as not all of them turned into actual dwarfs but there are no earthen on kalimdor prior to them going there in BFA, Tons of other Titan creations but not a single earthen.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Goggeroc. Mercilessly slain by "peaceful" Tauren scum. And don't even try "but one quest" trick. It never stopped people from inventing "evil genociding dwarves".

actually it implies they had lands and then lost/were driven off of them and weren’t able to resettle until Mulgore. Much like actual native Americans which they are obviously styled after.
    It says HUNDREDS OF FUCKING YEARS. How long must it pass? Or, as I said - any place hordie ever put foot on is theirs permanently?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Goggeroc. Mercilessly slain by "peaceful" Tauren scum. And don't even try "but one quest" trick. It never stopped people from inventing "evil genociding dwarves".
    I stand corrected there is a single earthen.

It says HUNDREDS OF FUCKING YEARS. How long must it pass? Or, as I said - any place hordie ever put foot on is theirs permanently?
    It hasn't been hundreds of years since they retook there land though. they were actively living there before the dwarfs showed in before classic. like real natives American's they were driven off of there land but unlike them they managed to take it back only for another outside force to take it again and wipe them out.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    What's odd is that, outside of recruiting the taunka, the Blood Oath is never again utilized or even mentioned. Every people to become members of the Horde are inducted with a few words and a nod from the Warchief (or council member, as with the vulpera).

I understand its absence does not mean it has become non-canon, but you'd think with all the attention put on allied races we'd have had someone speak the words again.
    At least having the words said to Sylvanas when she took over and required her subjects to renew their oaths of loyalty would have made sense. Instead it's a fairly generic pledge and the Blood Oath remains something mentioned in literally one quest as far as I can remember.

@Ardenaso But none of the BE leadership is ever shown to be anti-Alliance to a degree significant enough that it impacts their character. Rommath isn't a fan of them but isn't very militant about it either, he's far more concerned with direct threats to Quel'thalas. Halduron doesn't matter, and Lor'themar was ready to go back to them after Garrosh proved to be, well, Garrosh. Their decision to join the Horde was based on what was happening to them, not on opposing the Alliance, and of all the Horde races only the Tauren have historically been more hesitant to join war efforts against team blue, and even then not every Tauren as they're not all Baine clones.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

It was really forced to see Anduin being named High King, basically making him a Blue Warchief, without him having any real strategic and tactical skills or war experience, at least his father had the charisma, warrior skills and tactical ones to justify having a military leader role though it should have been made obvious that the other leaders were still his equals politically.

Turalyon being instead named the Supreme Commander of Alliance forces just like he was at the end of and after the Second War, and as such being the oen leading Alliance armies and making the strategies would have made much more sense, though given that the conflict was happening on two continents, maybe there should have been a commander in chief in each continent to avoid strategic, administrative and logistical problems since it would have been extremely difficult to handle things and make the right decisions in two very different fronts.

In this case then Turalyon would have been the Supreme Commander in the Eastern Kingdoms while a Night Elf leader, Shandris Feathermoon or Jarod Shadowsong would have been the commander of Alliance forces in Kalimdor.

I love these points. WoW has a rather naively modern setting, a relic from the pre-Game of Thrones era. These aren't medieval characters but rather 21st century people wearing fancy armour and fighting with swords.

That's not bad, it made the setting more familiar and accessible. But it does rob the game of lots of interesting plot points that would only make sense if the politics were more bitter and vicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    So I guess even both factions get screwed logically wise and this whole ordeal is just a fallacy of writer's just writing whatever the fuck they want instead of being consistent and truthful to the source, but who gives a SHIT when you can just write that everything's happy with eachother in this perfect world of Azeroth and you can just go back and retcon and change things to your liking because you're too uncreative to come up with anything new so your only solution is to change things that happened before your time because you think you somehow come off as creative in doing so but instead you just disrespect the whole franchise with your gibberish and bias towards your favorite characters.
    Yeah I agree. The faction lore makes zero sense from a real racial sense. The fact that the Alliance is... well.. AN ALLIANCE seems to have been completely forgotten. Remember when the horde and the alliance had an alliance during the Broken Shore and then that alliance quickly disbanded when Genn thought the horde betrayed them? Yeah crazy, right? Remember how like an expansion later Tyrande thought that the rest of the alliance left her people to suffer and she went to do her own thing BUT SHE DIDN'T BACK HER PEOPLE OUT OF THE ALLIANCE FOR SOME REASON???????

Honestly makes zero sense. It's not even like the Night Elf player character's would be shunned for it either. If the Night Elves left the Alliance, I'm sure Anduin would keep an open invitation to try to get them back.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    @Ardenaso But none of the BE leadership is ever shown to be anti-Alliance to a degree significant enough that it impacts their character. Rommath isn't a fan of them but isn't very militant about it either, he's far more concerned with direct threats to Quel'thalas. Halduron doesn't matter, and Lor'themar was ready to go back to them after Garrosh proved to be, well, Garrosh. Their decision to join the Horde was based on what was happening to them, not on opposing the Alliance, and of all the Horde races only the Tauren have historically been more hesitant to join war efforts against team blue, and even then not every Tauren as they're not all Baine clones.
    When Rommath said he never "tires slaying Alliance" even if they're Alliance High Elves, that's when I think he does hate the Alliance; Liadrin also hates Vereesa because she "chose the humans instead of the blood elven kin over and over again"; and yes their decision to join the Horde was based on the help they need against the Scourge and need for alimony, which the Alliance denied them. Also, Lor'themar isn't the whole Blood Elves, he will try any further to hand over the Blood Elves to the Alliance and Rommath will be having none of this shit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yeah I agree. The faction lore makes zero sense from a real racial sense. The fact that the Alliance is... well.. AN ALLIANCE seems to have been completely forgotten. Remember when the horde and the alliance had an alliance during the Broken Shore and then that alliance quickly disbanded when Genn thought the horde betrayed them? Yeah crazy, right? Remember how like an expansion later Tyrande thought that the rest of the alliance left her people to suffer and she went to do her own thing BUT SHE DIDN'T BACK HER PEOPLE OUT OF THE ALLIANCE FOR SOME REASON???????

Honestly makes zero sense. It's not even like the Night Elf player character's would be shunned for it either. If the Night Elves left the Alliance, I'm sure Anduin would keep an open invitation to try to get them back.
    Shandris will not allow that, she's the biggest human cheerleader among the Night Elves
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    I love these points. WoW has a rather naively modern setting, a relic from the pre-Game of Thrones era. These aren't medieval characters but rather 21st century people wearing fancy armour and fighting with swords.

That's not bad, it made the setting more familiar and accessible. But it does rob the game of lots of interesting plot points that would only make sense if the politics were more bitter and vicious.
    Yeah that's really lacking, at least the Second War and afterward had some politics with Gilneas and Alterac being sources of dissent and difficulty for the Alliance, with both being initially opposed to joining the Alliance and keeping most of their forces in their kingdoms instead of really dedicating themselves to the Alliance, not counting Aiden Perenolde's betrayal which nearly cost victory and survival to the Alliance, as well as the issues over Alterac with Terenas Menethil supporting Aliden Perenolde's claim to the throne while Genn Greymane supported Isiden Perenolde while Thoras Trollbane wanted to annexate Alterac to his kingdom as reward for his and Stromgarde's essential role in the Second War and sacrifices and thus was greatly frustrated that he was denied the right to do so, as well as the Internment Camps and Orcs' fate debates and issues.

There should also be lots of problems and dilemnas in dwarven society with the reintegration of the wildhammer and the dark irons. For example the senate of Ironforge should have seen dark iron and wildhammer senators being named here, but the question of the good representation of each clan or if clan should have the same numbers would be a particulary thorny subject. Not counting the cultural clashes and the fact that dark irons should be strongly mistrusted, for good reasons, not only by their dwarven cousins but also by the other members of the Alliance with them having been enemies to not only their cousins but also to gnomes and humans.