Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I am for giving the choice to the worker, which is what Act 10 does regardless of what union propaganda you post. If a teacher does not want to join the teachers union, they no longer have to. You want them all forced into the union. And I am the one accused of supporting the exploitation of the worker.
    You missed the part where unions still have to represent the members of the bargaining unit even if they aren't paying them dues or agency fees. I thought you didn't like freeloaders?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    A company setting up a competitive structure that encourages workers to engage in unsafe/unsanitary practices, while knowing about those practices and taking no action to prevent them, is causation.

If Amazon just gave all their drivers overtime pay and they didn't have to compete for it, nobody would be peeing in bottles. I can't believe such an obvious connection of literally the only two dots on this connect-the-dots page is still mystifying to you.
    Repeating the same lie over and over again doesn't make it truth. They aren't completeing against each other. Liar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    You missed the part where unions still have to represent the members of the bargaining unit even if they aren't paying them dues or agency fees. I thought you didn't like freeloaders?
    What part of they don't have to join the union at all do you not get? Not just fees.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Kudos to the Amazon employees in Alabama. They didn't let the pro-union people(16% of voters) bully them into taking a bad deal.

Bravo.
    people of the south voting against their best interest, always shocks.....no one......anymore

I mean hell they convinced the people in Alabama that accepting Expanded Medicaid would cost them billions when in fact it would cost them about a billion over 10 years and the would receive over 14 billion in funding in return. their hospitals would receive an extra 7 billion in payments.

on top of all this they have paid about 4 billion in federal taxes to support...wait for it....the expansion of Medicaid so far.
    and the majority of people in the state want it.

https://www.urban.org/sites/default/...-Medicaid-.PDF

guess they were not going to let Obama bully them into a bad deal either !!!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account

YOu called my family members liars after accusing me of immediatecalling a pro-union member a liar. Own what you said for once.Liar.
    No he didn't. This is what he said.

Sure Jan. I also have a couple of friends who are corporate executives and they joke about all the brutal tactics they use to exploit their workers and squash unions. I can't imagine why anyone would be in favor of corporations with the stuff I've heard, you wouldn't believe it!
    He never once said your family members were lying. He implied you are lying.

Reading Comprehension is your friend.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

SHow me a loine in that article where it stats Amazon forced them to pee in a bottle, not your BS spin you use to push your agenda. You are just parroting the same thing over and over again.It is BS no matter how many times you parrot it.
    Promotions and overtime based on performance, putting drivers in competition with each other which de-fact encourages this kind of dangerous behavior without any safeguards in place, even after they knew it was happening and were lying about it.

YOu called my family members liars after accusing me of immediatecalling a pro-union member a liar. Own what you said for once.Liar.
    I snarkily dismissed it, yes. Still waiting for you to show where I've written anything you claimed I wrote, liar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Meanwhile, the Scandinavian countries dont even need a min. wage because of how strong unions are.

Anybody who opposes unions clearly does from a very privileged position.

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    I am shocked that somebody who is so anti-union would ignore personal experiences, and documented evidence both historical and modern, that are positive. Cognitive dissonance says bad and you say "very bad" thing.
    So the personal experinces of my family members don't count. Oh right, only the positive ones count.

Bad unions exist. That does not discredit the good unions or the positive effect that they have. The wise and logical approach to bad unions is to reform them, not a blanket "No Unions!" attitude. Baby with the bathwater and all that.
    But you are doing a hell of a job changing the subject of bad unions though. You can't reform bad unions when they have the power that they have. As long as they have people like you that continually refuse to stand up and condemn them while being only willing to talk about the good ones, they will continue to operate. Bad unions don't go away by you and everyone else on the pro-union side ignoring them or making excuses for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Promotions and overtime based on performance, putting drivers in competition with each other which de-fact encourages this kind of dangerous behavior without any safeguards in place, even after they knew it was happening and were lying about it.

I snarkily dismissed it, yes. Still waiting for you to show where I've written anything you claimed I wrote, liar.
    So you admit you think my family members lied.

Liar.

- - - Updated - - -

No he didn't. This is what he said.

He never once said your family members were lying. He implied you are lying.

Reading Comprehension is your friend.
    She admitrtted she dismissed what they said. That means she thinks they lied. She is a liar, plain and simple.

You can't reform bad unions when they have the power that they have.
    You don't seem to have an understanding of how little power unions have left after decades of Republicans whittling away collective bargaining.

Also, this is a spectacular failure of imagination.

What part of they don't have to join the union at all do you not get? Not just fees.
    Even if they don't join, the union still has to bargain for them- that's federal law. Under Act 10 (and other "right to work" laws), a (for example) teacher that gets hired in a unionized district would not have to join the union, or pay them agency fees. However, the union would still have to negotiate on their behalf because they are in the same bargaining unit, and thus they would get all of the benefits bargained by the union without actually having to pay for representation. These laws force unions to take freeloaders; that is the point of them.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

So you admit you think my family members lied.

Liar.
    No, I think you made that shit up. I don't care about unprovable anecdotes, especially from you.

Still waiting for you to quote where I wrote any of the myriad things you claim I've written. It should be pretty easy, all my posts can easily be linked to or quoted.

the best thing about it is how workers understand whats best for them and largely ignore the culture war stuff
    alot of gop politicians came out in support of unionization because they hated "woke" amazon being socially liberall but it turns out workers are like nahh i like my high paying job more..maybe the gop should focus on things like that instead of punishing capitalists, the far left and far right waant to break up amazon and the average person just wants 2 day shipping with amazing savings
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2021-04-09 at 08:30 PM.

Even if they don't join, the union still has to bargain for them- that's federal law. Under Act 10 (and other "right to work" laws), a (for example) teacher that gets hired in a unionized district would not have to join the union, or pay them agency fees. However, the union would still have to negotiate on their behalf because they are in the same bargaining unit, and thus they would get all of the benefits bargained by the union without actually having to pay for representation. These laws force unions to take freeloaders; that is the point of them.
    Nope. Under Wisconsin Act 10, Collective bargaining is limited to wages only. Not benefits.

Nope. Under Wisconsin Act 10, Collective bargaining is limited to wages only. Not benefits.
    Ok scratch benefits. The point of the law is still to force freeloaders on unions.
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    the best thing about it is how workers understand whats best for them and largely ignore the culture war stuff
    alot of gop politicians came out in support of unionization because they hated "woke" amazon being socially liberall but it turns out workers are like nahh i like my high paying job more..maybe the gop should focus on things like that instead of punishing capitalists, the far left and far right waant to break up amazon and the average person just wants 2 day shipping with amazing savings
    You have that backwards. It's the Democrats who came out in support of unions because Unions donate heavy amounts of money to them. The GOP are against unions. There wasn't a single GOP politician that would speak in support of a union.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the personal experinces of my family members don't count. Oh right, only the positive ones count.
    Are they your experiences? Relying second hand information is not the same as my first hand information.

But you are doing a hell of a job changing the subject of bad unions though. You can't reform bad unions when they have the power that they have. As long as they have people like you that continually refuse to stand up and condemn them while being only willing to talk about the good ones, they will continue to operate. Bad unions don't go away by you and everyone else on the pro-union side ignoring them or making excuses for them.
    I am not part of a bad union. I like union very much. I feel supported by them, I have channels to address issues and grievances, and my experience with them has been overwhelmingly positive. If the situation turns sour, I have the resources and the abilities to address my own union and right the ship.
    I do not have that same influence with other unions. I can only support and advise my friends who are in said "bad" unions, which I have. The higher ups in our local branch of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers were removed and replaced about ten years ago because the members of the union had major concerns over leadership. Turns out, after they were removed, one of the board members was discovered to have been embezzling. The members of the union handled their issues and the union is better for it. In fact, this branch now stands out as a beacon of proper union leadership.

So we do stand up against bad unions. But you believe all unions are bad, so you are inclined to believe that the very existence of unions means nobody is standing up.
    You might need to adjust your perception.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Ok scratch benefits. The point of the law is still to force freeloaders on unions.
    You get wages regardless. How is it freeloading when a union is not required to get wages? Methinks you don't know what freeloading actually means.

You have that backwards. It's the Democrats who came out in support of unions because Unions donate heavy amounts of money to them. The GOP are against unions. There wasn't a single GOP politician that would speak in support of a union.
    https://fortune.com/2021/03/15/marco...ganized-labor/

Did Marco Rubio suddenly leave the Republican party and nobody told him?

- - - Updated - - -

You get wages regardless. How is it freeloading when a union is not required to get wages? Methinks you don't know what freeloading actually means.
    They're benefitting from the collective bargaining power of the union, paid for by dues-paying members. That's freeloading, yo.

dems have always been in favor of unions, dems even passed most pro union bill ever in the house
    but whats different is the gops recent disdain and hate for corporations becoming socially liberal( https://www.wsj.com/articles/sen-mar...ma-11615559462), and im a democrat and i dont even like the union i think its one our problems getting our agenda done in places like cali and ny where unions have an outsized influence over policy, but the gop is screwing over its own base by hating on corps

There are 100 workers in a union shop. 55 are union, and pay dues. 45 are non-union, and (thanks to 'right to work' laws) pay zero dues or agency fees. The union bargains for all 100 workers. The 45 that DON'T pay the union therefore gain the perks of being in a union (higher wages than they would bargain individually). The 55 union workers pay the union for the same perks. The 45 get the same perks without paying anything. That's what I mean by "freeloading." Getting everything a union worker gets without paying the union.

- - - Updated - - -

You have that backwards. The unions donate to the Dems because, unlike the GOP, they aren't trying to actively undermine them. Maybe learn some labor history?
    -Louis Brandeis

Are they your experiences? Relying second hand information is not the same as my first hand information.
    I was there and was showed what was going on. It wasn't hard to see. All I had to do was look at their history of paychecks. It was a joke and nobody did anything to the union leaders who perpetuated it Sad that Act 10 didn't come in until after they retired. They could have saved a lot of money instead of wasting it going to a union that didn't give a damn about them.

The fact that bad unions continue to exist tells me nothing is really being done about it because people are too afraid to go against union leadership.

- - - Updated - - -

You have that backwards. The unions donate to the Dems because, unlike the GOP, they aren't trying to actively undermine them. Maybe learn some labor history?
    They donate to the dems because the dems will buy their BS to get votes. The GOP sees right through it. Learn some political history.