Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I was there and was showed what was going on. It wasn't hard to see. All I had to do was look at their history of paychecks. It was a joke and nobody did anything to the union leaders who perpetuated it Sad that Act 10 didn't come in until after they retired. They could have saved a lot of money instead of wasting it going to a union that didn't give a damn about them.

The fact that bad unions continue to exist tells me nothing is really being done about it because people are too afraid to go against union leadership.
    Man, it's almost like with the diminished power of unions and collective bargaining, negotiation for pay increases is often challenging. Glad you're putting the pieces together, even if you don't quite realize it.

- - - Updated - - -

The GOP sees right through it. Learn some political history.
    https://twitter.com/marcorubio/statu...50202369404931

Is Marco Rubio a fictitious person?

They donate to the dems because the dems will buy their BS to get votes. The GOP sees right through it. Learn some political history.
    The Dems have been the pro-union party for DECADES before the flood of money in politics that we have today. Going back to like...the New Deal Era.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    dems have always been in favor of unions, dems even passed most pro union bill ever in the house
    but whats different is the gops recent disdain and hate for corporations becoming socially liberal( https://www.wsj.com/articles/sen-mar...ma-11615559462), and im a democrat and i dont even like the union i think its one our problems getting our agenda done in places like cali and ny where unions have an outsized influence over policy, but the gop is screwing over its own base by hating on corps
    They were completely on Amazon's side. They have alwasy been on the side of businesses, business wise. They sure as hell didn't come out in favor of unization of Amazon. Having a disagreement on social issued does not mean they have a disdain. They are together when it matters and that is on the business end.

NY and Cali have issues because they are heavily far left. Unions don't need to influence because the far left eats at their trough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    The Dems have been the pro-union party for DECADES before the flood of money in politics that we have today. Going back to like...the New Deal Era.
    They were getting donations from day one. It's all about votes and always has been. Who will grease your palms the most.

They were completely on Amazon's side.
    Again, does Marco Rubio not exist?

They have alwasy been on the side of businesses, business wise.
    Except for like, that time businesses criticized the GA voting law and Republicans got upset that corporations have free speech, because the only speech Republicans like from corporations comes in the form of political contributions, apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

NY and Cali have issues because they are heavily far left.
    What issues? Actual issues? Or nebulous "issues"?

They were getting donations from day one. It's all about votes and always has been. Who will grease your palms the most.
    Except it was a Democratic Congress and Democratic president that signed the NLRA...you know...the very act that allows for unions to exist as they do. The Dems wrote legislation to promote unionizations BEFORE there were unions capable of donating. Again...learn your history.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    I was there and was showed what was going on. It wasn't hard to see. All I had to do was look at their history of paychecks. It was a joke and nobody did anything to the union leaders who perpetuated it Sad that Act 10 didn't come in until after they retired. They could have saved a lot of money instead of wasting it going to a union that didn't give a damn about them.

The fact that bad unions continue to exist tells me nothing is really being done about it because people are too afraid to go against union leadership.
    So you attended all the meetings? Were you present during the voting?
    Honestly, I think you are talking out of your ass. Every member of a union knows how to address bad leadership and the steps you can take. Best part is, these steps can be done anonymously to prevent retaliation.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, it's almost like with the diminished power of unions and collective bargaining, negotiation for pay increases is often challenging. Glad you're putting the pieces together, even if you don't quite realize it.
    Read what I wrote. They retired BEFORE Act 10 came in. That means despite all that power they had they refused to get pay increases for their workers. That is why if Act 10 had been in, they could have said all the money she wasted on dues to act as her pay increase since the union wasn't getting one for them. It almost like you are so eager to rush in and parrot your union propaganda BS that you don't even bother to read. They have you so snowed you can't think for yourself anymore.

Read what I wrote. They retired BEFORE Act 10 came in.
    Yes, your historical ignorance about unions is very obvious. I'm talking about the literal decades dating back to Reagan, and even earlier. You have a lot of catching up to do on this topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read what I wrote. They retired BEFORE Act 10 came in. That means despite all that power they had they refused to get pay increases for their workers. That is why if Act 10 had been in, they could have said all the money she wasted on dues to act as her pay increase since the union wasn't getting one for them. It almost like you are so eager to rush in and parrot your union propaganda BS that you don't even bother to read. They have you so snowed you can't think for yourself anymore.
    Oh wow, your knowledge of unions is horribly outdated then.

That explains a lot.

It would appear that they don't want to unionize. Good for them, either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    So you attended all the meetings? Were you present during the voting?
    Honestly, I think you are talking out of your ass. Every member of a union knows how to address bad leadership and the steps you can take. Best part is, these steps can be done anonymously to prevent retaliation.
    I knew almost everyone who was in that union. They were all liberals who were more than happy to eat whatever their union shoveled to them. At least a majority of them had a spouse with a large 2nd income so it didn't matter that they were getting paid peanuts. Bad leadership thrives when it's workers do not care.As long as the majority get their pension and health insurance, who cares about those who having a hard time making ends meet that could use more money in the paycheck.

IT also doesn't matter what steps you have. If your leadership gives off an Intiimidating presence, that is enough to keep people silent no matter how anonymous you can be. It's all about keeping the process from starting.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow, your knowledge of unions is horribly outdated then.

That explains a lot.
    It's not outdated. That is exactly how their union operated. Sorry that there is a union that doesn't fall under your rosy, pollyanna view of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad leadership thrives when it's workers do not care.
    IT also doesn't matter what steps you have. If your leadership gives off an Intiimidating presence, that is enough to keep people silent no matter how anonymous you can be. It's all about keeping the process from starting.
    You are making our point for us when it comes to Amazon.

At least a majority of them had a spouse with a large 2nd income so it didn't matter that they were getting paid peanuts.
    Ignoring that having both parents working is commonplace across the board now as jobs don't pay anything like they used to in the "good old days", while also ignoring, again, the history of how union collective bargaining power has been whittled away over the years and most unions are doing everything they can to protect their health care plans as those are immensely valuable for a great many unions. They provide insane coverage, and my family was a direct beneficiary of this while my father worked in a union for years - without that health insurance we'd be bankrupted multiple times over.

Yes, your historical ignorance about unions is very obvious. I'm talking about the literal decades dating back to Reagan, and even earlier. You have a lot of catching up to do on this topic.
    Your ignorance about what I wrote is obvious. YOu spew all this BS that has nothing to do with how the union I speak of operated. But your defening siilnece and refusing to condemn unions is always there. Spinning, dodging, and deflecting like a politican while refusing to address the actual issue.

Your ignorance about what I wrote is obvious. YOu spew all this BS that has nothing to do with how the union I speak of operated. But your defening siilnece and refusing to condemn unions is always there. Spinning, dodging, and deflecting like a politican while refusing to address the actual issue.
    You think that decades of whittling away union power has no effect on unions ability to bargain? What literal alternate reality hell do you live in?

The problem is you want to address "the issue" thinking that it exists in a bubble, detached from any context and/or history. It doesn't yo, that's not how reality works.

You are making our point for us when it comes to Amazon.
    Show me where Amazon intimidated anyone. Because you clearly insult every single worker of being unable to think for themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me where Amazon intimidated anyone. Because you clearly insult every single worker of being unable to think for themselves.
    Like you insulted every single union worker of being unable to think for themselves?

They were all liberals who were more than happy to eat whatever their union shoveled to them.
    Pot, Kettle

Also, for your reference.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/16/t...-virginia.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ng-conditions/

Remember that time Amazon fired an employee pushing for unionization?

Like you insulted every single union worker of being unable to think for themselves?
    Not what I did. I described exactly what those union members were doing. They were thinking for themselves. In fact, they were only thinking for themselves and nobody else in the union. As long as they maintained pension and benefits, the union leadership could do whatever they want. They were the majority. Screw everyone else who could have used the extra money.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ng-conditions/

Remember that time Amazon fired an employee pushing for unionization?
    Not why they fired him. But we know that you spin, just like the far left post, so just more BS from you.

Not why they fired him. But we know that you spin, just like the far left post, so just more BS from you.
    Amazon claims Long violated safety rules by putting a fallen package back on a robot in an area where people aren't supposed to be...which also is in no way fenced off to prevent people from accidentally entering that area.

Long was pushing for more safety at the facilities like...a way to put protective measures to prevent any accidents that may happen by people unintentionally ending up in the robot area.

Man, this is top quality comedy dude.