Thread: Convoke LOL !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Or its broken because there are so many ways a good player can ensure that its uninterruptible. Like what are you gonna do in 3v3, sit on kick until he convokes? No, you just need to find a way around it.
    That's just deflection of how easy Convoke on its own can be shut down by either an interrupt or any loss-of-control that you apply to the druid (assuming you don't out-range or LoS the spell). We can play the game of "well X spell combined with Y spell or Z class is OP" all we want, as that can be applied to tons of deadly spells or scenarios. If you let a druid get a full Convoke off, especially in a 3v3 scenario, you and/or your team did something very wrong. There are ways to setup a Convoke where it's very hard to avoid it, but that takes setup and coordination of a team... which, again, applies to any burst damage that isn't named Convoke.

    Irony is that the more viable targets available, the less powerful Convoke really is. Using Convoke against a pet class, especially an UHDK, will more often than not have most (or all) your Convoke spells hitting pets instead of the players.

    Even if we go back to the OP about being a warlock and using Netherward against a Moonkin yet the Feral getting a full cast into said warlock. If we're talking 1v1, there's a bunch of ways to deal with it from a Feral as a warlock. Mortal Coil, Howl of Terror, pet interrupt/stun, gateway, teleport, etc. If you have a partner, the options open up even more. If Convoke was a really short CD or could be recast if interrupted, I could certainly see a balancing issue. However, Convoke has a huge, glarring weakness that pretty much every class has a way to counter because it's a channel spell and has a 2min cooldown, along with the druid unable to control what is cast and being very vulnerable during the long channel. If anything, I'd say Convoke is probably more balanced than most deadly spells due to the ease of shutting it down in terms of its power compared to other spells/abilities that you'll encounter in arenas that have little to no recourse for most players beyond straight-up immunities.

    So yeah, if you're getting destroyed by Convoke constantly, either the druid (and their team) are constantly outplaying you (and your team) or you're not playing against a Convoke druid properly. Out of all the potential deadly setups I've encounter in arenas this season, Convoke druid is by far one of the easier ones to shut down and/or avoid.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    That's just deflection of how easy Convoke on its own can be shut down by either an interrupt or any loss-of-control that you apply to the druid (assuming you don't out-range or LoS the spell). We can play the game of "well X spell combined with Y spell or Z class is OP" all we want, as that can be applied to tons of deadly spells or scenarios. If you let a druid get a full Convoke off, especially in a 3v3 scenario, you and/or your team did something very wrong. There are ways to setup a Convoke where it's very hard to avoid it, but that takes setup and coordination of a team... which, again, applies to any burst damage that isn't named Convoke.

    Irony is that the more viable targets available, the less powerful Convoke really is. Using Convoke against a pet class, especially an UHDK, will more often than not have most (or all) your Convoke spells hitting pets instead of the players.

    Even if we go back to the OP about being a warlock and using Netherward against a Moonkin yet the Feral getting a full cast into said warlock. If we're talking 1v1, there's a bunch of ways to deal with it from a Feral as a warlock. Mortal Coil, Howl of Terror, pet interrupt/stun, gateway, teleport, etc. If you have a partner, the options open up even more. If Convoke was a really short CD or could be recast if interrupted, I could certainly see a balancing issue. However, Convoke has a huge, glarring weakness that pretty much every class has a way to counter because it's a channel spell and has a 2min cooldown, along with the druid unable to control what is cast and being very vulnerable during the long channel. If anything, I'd say Convoke is probably more balanced than most deadly spells due to the ease of shutting it down in terms of its power compared to other spells/abilities that you'll encounter in arenas that have little to no recourse for most players beyond straight-up immunities.

    So yeah, if you're getting destroyed by Convoke constantly, either the druid (and their team) are constantly outplaying you (and your team) or you're not playing against a Convoke druid properly. Out of all the potential deadly setups I've encounter in arenas this season, Convoke druid is by far one of the easier ones to shut down and/or avoid.
    This is very reductionist. Yeah, I'm not saying it's always possible to find the opening of perfect Convoke, but what is broken as fuck is that one mistake in this case will likely cost you the game, regardless of how unskilled the opponent might be.

    If we're talking about feral, it's even more difficult to asses generally, because his burst is already so damn high outside of Convoke.

  3. #23
    But did you taste any good is the question??

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    This is very reductionist. Yeah, I'm not saying it's always possible to find the opening of perfect Convoke, but what is broken as fuck is that one mistake in this case will likely cost you the game, regardless of how unskilled the opponent might be.

    If we're talking about feral, it's even more difficult to asses generally, because his burst is already so damn high outside of Convoke.
    It's one of the things which is OP on lower keys and hard to play in higher rating tho. As soon as you start dealing with skilled players that combo is way harder to execute and there are tradeoffs. I found it much harder to play against heavy pressure comps rather than these kill condition comps as it is quite easy to notice set ups and it's all about playing cat and mouse on who is going to bait who. Altho I agreed with the full moon change, that stuff was too punishing based on luck and did not give you that second to react.
    Burst pvp is much more fun than dampening games that is for sure.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    But did you taste any good is the question??
    In regards to The OP's murder, we can def confirm that, the druid in question DID INDEED TAKE THREE BITES.....so I'm going with like a 78.975% chance, repeating that he did taste good.

  6. #26
    Why don't I have the Convoke skill? Do I have to acquire it somehow

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnix View Post
    Why don't I have the Convoke skill? Do I have to acquire it somehow
    You start by not spamming 10 posts just to advertise your quiz website in the WoW section of the forums.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    symbiosis in pve was the most fun spell WoW ever got.

    every dungeon so much variety to choose from, as long as you do not suffer from min/max obsession
    .
    In you opinion yes. For me Symbiosis can burn in hell forever and stay there.

    Ams as a druid or poly.. yea most retarded shit ever and now they are back with Convoke. Trust me next expansion that shit is gone lol.

  9. #29
    i'm happy for you or sorry that it happened op

  10. #30
    Always the hyperbole, then upon challenged scaled back to actual discussion

    Convoke is noob ability, any noob can kill people with it!
    /objection can interrupt
    Oh actually, GOOD players can easily avoid interrupt.


    conclusion : The noob druid that use convoke to kill you is not a "GOOD" player that avoid interrupt, hence if you get killed by a noob druid, you are noob yo!
    Hyperbole back fire! The forum reflect spell LOL
    Last edited by gobio; 2021-05-04 at 06:47 AM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Xesco View Post
    Once upon today an owl was channeling convoke and began shooting at me..

    Little did he know that i am a destro warlock who happend to Nether ward and reflects his OP spells and pop my def CD's for his solar thingy, one GC after i sent my infernos followed by conflag and then pressed our green button that hit him for 10k + 13k. Thank you Madness of azj'aqir.

    Short after a Feral druid bite me for 3x 11k damage and i died.


    The end !
    +1 for feral. Go Ferals!

    Tbh: I'd rather get oneshotted occasionally than having to fight matches that last >5 minutes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •