Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Raid and Dungeon Tuning - March 2, Patch 9.0.5 PTR - Build 37774

    Raid and Dungeon Tuning - March 2
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’re working on a slate of adjustments to several encounters that we intend to enact with scheduled weekly maintenance (early a.m. PST on March 2 in this region). Here are the planned changes:

    Dungeons and Raids

    • Castle Nathria
      • Lady Inerva Darkvein
        • Healers are now chosen as a last resort target of Shared Suffering and Concentrate Anima on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.
        • The ambient damage of Loose Anima for open containers has been reduced on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.
        • Targets of Shared Suffering no longer take damage from the beams they are wearing on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties. Passing through the opposite edge will continue to damage targeted players.
      • Hungering Destroyer
        • Health reduced by 5% on Mythic difficulty.
        • Reduced the damage players wearing Gluttonous Miasma take by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
        • The damage increase of Essence Sap has been reduced by 20% per stack.
        • Expunge now shows up in the combat log when it is applied to players.
        • Volatile Ejection now shows up as a debuff when a player is targeted with this spell.
      • Sun King’s Salvation
        • Increased the amount of healing Essence Overflow heals Kael’thas to 2.5% of his maximum health on all difficulties (was 2%). The tooltip will be updated to reflect the change in a future hotfix or patch.
        • Increased the healing done bonus from Sinfall Boon to 100% per application on Mythic difficulty (was 50%).
        • Reduced the strength of the Cloak of Flames damage shield on Shade of Kael’thas by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
    • Sanguine Depths
      • Wicked Oppressor’s Wrack Soul cast time increased to 2 seconds (was 1.5 seconds) and is cast less frequently.
      • Regal Mistdancer’s Echoing Thrust damage reduced by 20% and is cast less frequently.
      • General Kaal’s health reduced by 10% during the gauntlet event.

    Thank you very much for your feedback!

    Patch 9.0.5 PTR - Build 37774 - Release Candidate
    Build 37774 will be deployed to the PTR realms soon.


    Spell Changes
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Demon Hunter (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    • Blur Havoc: Increases your chance to dodge by 50% and reduces all damage taken by 20% for 10 sec. Demon Hunter - Havoc Spec. Demon Hunter - Havoc Spec. Instant. 60 sec cooldown. Vengeance, Initial: Increases your chance to dodge by 50% for 10 sec. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.

    Shaman (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    • Chain Lightning (Elemental) Hurls a lightning bolt at the enemy, dealing [ 47% [ 63.5% of Spell Power ] Nature damage and then jumping to additional nearby enemies.
    • Chain Lightning (Enhancement) Hurls a lightning bolt at the enemy, dealing [ 47% [ 63.5% of Spell Power ] Nature damage and then jumping to additional nearby enemies.
    • Chain Lightning (Restoration, Initial) Hurls a lightning bolt at the enemy, dealing [ 47% [ 63.5% of Spell Power ] Nature damage and then jumping to additional nearby enemies.



    Strings Changes
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • BLIZZ_DISCLAIMER - Copyright 2004-2020 2021 Blizzard Entertainment. All Rights Reserved.
    • COVENANT_FOLLOWER_MISSION_COMPLETE (New) - On Adventure - Complete
    • GARRISON_FOLLOWER_MISSION_COMPLETED (New) - Completed
    • GARRISON_FOLLOWER_ON_MISSION_COMPLETE (New) - On Mission - Complete
    • SPELL_FAILED_SOULBIND_CONDUIT_LEARN_FAILED_INVALID_COVENANT (New) - You cannot add that Conduit to the Forge of Bonds.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2021-03-02 at 01:31 AM.

  2. #2
    can someone please explain to me how the last hotfix works? it makes no sense

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    can someone please explain to me how the last hotfix works? it makes no sense
    "General Kaal’s health reduced by 10% during the gauntlet event."

    Well, they took the bosses health and reduced it by 10% during the gauntlet event in the dungeon.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    "General Kaal’s health reduced by 10% during the gauntlet event."

    Well, they took the bosses health and reduced it by 10% during the gauntlet event in the dungeon.
    yeh that much i gathered but her hp during the gauntlet even and her hp when you actually fight her are the same
    so dose that mean she will regain 10% when you actually go to fight her,

    the hotfix still makes no sense as the gauntlet isnt the issue with the fight

  5. #5
    VDH is getting Blur? Am i missing something here..

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    VDH is getting Blur? Am i missing something here..
    That's what I was wondering. Are they giving the strongest tank in the game ANOTHER defensive?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    yeh that much i gathered but her hp during the gauntlet even and her hp when you actually fight her are the same
    so dose that mean she will regain 10% when you actually go to fight her,

    the hotfix still makes no sense as the gauntlet isnt the issue with the fight
    I believe its just for the gauntlet portion, 10% of her HP during there will be reduced. You'll fight her with her normal amount during the actual encounter. Also the gauntlet is the worst part of the dungeon one some weeks, so this is welcome.

  8. #8
    Good changes for the Sanguine trash, but I still think the second boss, the one who destroys a lot keys, should be nerfed a bit.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    I believe its just for the gauntlet portion, 10% of her HP during there will be reduced. You'll fight her with her normal amount during the actual encounter. Also the gauntlet is the worst part of the dungeon one some weeks, so this is welcome.
    personally i disagree with that last part but hey people opinions differ

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral arr0gance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Third Impact
    Posts
    1,099
    Thank fuck. The gauntlet was a god damned nightmare with certain affixes (Necrotic).
    "Brevity is the sole of wit." -Abraham Lincoln, 1892

  11. #11
    Uhm to the last string change.. I noticed that you sometimes get duplicate potency conduits from the calling caches.
    Like 2x conduit x on ilvl 200.
    Then you have to throw one away.
    No big deal i guess, it's just weird.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Thank fuck. The gauntlet was a god damned nightmare with certain affixes (Necrotic).
    I don’t see how the gauntlet gets better with this change.

    The gauntlet’s issue is the mobs, not the boss.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by saberwolf View Post
    That's what I was wondering. Are they giving the strongest tank in the game ANOTHER defensive?
    probably they are tired with VDH having to constantly kite to stay alive ?

    the only and sole reason vengence is strong is because of how godly they are with kiting. if they dont kite they are super squishy

    and guess what - you average players dont know what kiting even is.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    yeh that much i gathered but her hp during the gauntlet even and her hp when you actually fight her are the same
    so dose that mean she will regain 10% when you actually go to fight her,

    the hotfix still makes no sense as the gauntlet isnt the issue with the fight
    General is the easiest boss in the dungeon, honestly can only remember failing on that boss when someone didn't hide or was taking bleeds to the face. Gauntlet on the other hand can be very very cancerous, it's better after necrotic fix, but still can be dodgy on few affixes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I don’t see how the gauntlet gets better with this change.

    The gauntlet’s issue is the mobs, not the boss.
    Boss gets pushed faster? Currently you either have to take a time loss because boss is so much higher than mobs and you just single target it or pull boss into next pack and potentially get murdered which is ok, but it's nicer to push boss during that pull.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Good changes for the Sanguine trash, but I still think the second boss, the one who destroys a lot keys, should be nerfed a bit.
    Have not had any problems on him even of +13 keys.

    Tho he was annoying near launch in M0

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Uhm to the last string change.. I noticed that you sometimes get duplicate potency conduits from the calling caches.
    Like 2x conduit x on ilvl 200.
    Then you have to throw one away.
    No big deal i guess, it's just weird.
    Just have to deliver one before opening next box.

    I got 2x Magic zone conduit recently.

    Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Have not had any problems on him even of +13 keys.

    Tho he was annoying near launch in M0
    god how i hate statements like this

    you had no problems with him on +13 with group that had average itlv of 220 or 205 - because this is the most important information that you purposedly ommited.

    its like if i would tell you that i did +11 SD with multiple mistakes and 10 minutes to spare and ommited that i had it when i did it with group where lowest peron was 215 itlv and group consisted of fire mage boomy Vengence+Havoc DHS - so our burst on trash was godlike. .

    +11 that drops 203 itlv gear.

    i bet diamonds against nuts that your +13 was similiar.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-03-02 at 10:47 AM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    General is the easiest boss in the dungeon, honestly can only remember failing on that boss when someone didn't hide or was taking bleeds to the face. Gauntlet on the other hand can be very very cancerous, it's better after necrotic fix, but still can be dodgy on few affixes.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Boss gets pushed faster? Currently you either have to take a time loss because boss is so much higher than mobs and you just single target it or pull boss into next pack and potentially get murdered which is ok, but it's nicer to push boss during that pull.
    If that’s the idea I don’t think that 10% will make THAT difference, but I guess we shall see soon enough.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    god how i hate statements like this

    you had no problems with him on +13 with group that had average itlv of 220 or 205 - because this is the most important information that you purposedly ommited.

    its like if i would tell you that i did +11 SD with multiple mistakes and 10 minutes to spare and ommited that i had it when i did it with group where lowest peron was 215 itlv and group consisted of fire mage boomy Vengence+Havoc DHS - so our burst on trash was godlike. .

    +11 that drops 203 itlv gear.

    i bet diamonds against nuts that your +13 was similiar.
    Well i assume noone at below 210 are doing +10 keys.

    At least i would not dare go that content until properly geared.

    Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Uhm to the last string change.. I noticed that you sometimes get duplicate potency conduits from the calling caches.
    Like 2x conduit x on ilvl 200.
    Then you have to throw one away.
    No big deal i guess, it's just weird.
    The loot in a calling bag is determined the moment you complete the quest, not when you loot it. Because you're eligible for x conduit when you turn in both quests, both calling bags have the same chance to contain the conduit.

    An easy workaround is to complete 1 calling, open the bag, go learn any conduits you might get, then turn in the next quest and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  20. #20
    Legendary! Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Well i assume noone at below 210 are doing +10 keys.

    At least i would not dare go that content until properly geared.


    You would only expect people to do content when they have better gear than what is dropped by the content?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •