In a weird place right now; I enjoy PLAYING WoW, but can't seem to find any reason to

Now, I'll admit I'm a pretty salty bitch over how difficult most Mythic+ modifiers are on Melee players (I play 2hand Frost). But otherwise, I've honestly enjoyed playing WoW the past couple months with my friends (there's literally 5 of us, so running Mythic dungeons has been perfect for us).

Problem is that... I think we're all kind of feeling at a bit of a loss. We all still enjoy playing well enough, I think, but it sort of feels like there isn't a lot of *reason* to. There's really no "new" loot for us to pursue, not much in the way of rare-drops (pretty much just the one mount from Necrotic Wake, right?). We all had a blast with Torghast, but we've all beaten Twisting Corridors level 8, so there's just... not a lot going on. Only one in our group seems to have any interest in raiding, and I think she's kind of stopped playing since the rest of us have.

I'm a bit worried about 9.1, because it didn't exactly look like there was a ton of content for *us* to look forward to. They mention some additions to Torghast, but not of any new rewards; are we just going to be farming higher quantities of Soul Ash? Any word on equipping more than one "Legendary"? (I mostly get sick of having to remember to swap between the Obliterate one, and the Frostwyrm's Fury one).

I'm looking forward to the new Broker dungeon, though! Just worried it isn't going to last a super long time (unless, maybe they randomize the stats on each piece, so you can potentially get BiS drops there).

Anyone else kinda kicking rocks around right now? Anything on the horizon you think will be exciting for smaller groups like mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Now, I'll admit I'm a pretty salty bitch over how difficult most Mythic+ modifiers are on Melee players (I play 2hand Frost). But otherwise, I've honestly enjoyed playing WoW the past couple months with my friends (there's literally 5 of us, so running Mythic dungeons has been perfect for us).

Problem is that... I think we're all kind of feeling at a bit of a loss. We all still enjoy playing well enough, I think, but it sort of feels like there isn't a lot of *reason* to. There's really no "new" loot for us to pursue, not much in the way of rare-drops (pretty much just the one mount from Necrotic Wake, right?). We all had a blast with Torghast, but we've all beaten Twisting Corridors level 8, so there's just... not a lot going on. Only one in our group seems to have any interest in raiding, and I think she's kind of stopped playing since the rest of us have.

I'm a bit worried about 9.1, because it didn't exactly look like there was a ton of content for *us* to look forward to. They mention some additions to Torghast, but not of any new rewards; are we just going to be farming higher quantities of Soul Ash? Any word on equipping more than one "Legendary"? (I mostly get sick of having to remember to swap between the Obliterate one, and the Frostwyrm's Fury one).

I'm looking forward to the new Broker dungeon, though! Just worried it isn't going to last a super long time (unless, maybe they randomize the stats on each piece, so you can potentially get BiS drops there).

Anyone else kinda kicking rocks around right now? Anything on the horizon you think will be exciting for smaller groups like mine?
    Take an extended break and enjoy some other games. You are just burn out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, same. I've hit the 200 ilevel wall where, to get upgrades I'd have to raid heroic or better or do 11s or better (aside from the one vault reward). Could PVP but I don't really like Arena. RBGs might be fun, but m guild doesn't PVP more than casually and hunting for an RBG team just so I can find a reason to play... eh. I've got all the honor level gear I need and upgraded it to max, so casual PVP is for fun only.

I mean, this is how the first patch goes - you have a fair amount of stuff to do, then you get to whatever level you want and... there's nothing else.

Honestly, I'd be fine running keys, but my friends in game are on inconsistently and I don't feel like getting on every night hoping people will be on and up for running them. Could PUG but... nah.

Strongly considering just not playing until 9.1 and... that's fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny you made this topic OP, because the past few days I've kinda felt the same. For some reason which I have yet to fully figure out myself, my interest in Retail has just gone down hill completely. Now I'm definitely not blaming Blizzard or anything, it's for definite a "me" issue, but I just found it quite funny to stumble upon you having sort of the same issue/feeling.

My advice would be to take a break, like I'm planning to do, and just wait and see what the future brings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebro View Post
    Take an extended break and enjoy some other games. You are just burn out.
    At least for me it's not so much burnout (as in "Oh god, I'm SO TIRED of all this stuff" as "Don't have any reason to play particularly").

I've always hit this in WoW and I think a lot of people do. Whether you want to continue to play after this is dependent on a couple of things from what I've seen.

First, if you want to level a lot of alts, you'll never hit a content wall in the early patches. Second, if you don't mind doing content over and over because you have people you like to play with and the game is more of an excuse to do something while hanging out with people you like.

WoW is as enjoyable as you reach the goals you wanted to reach with your friends(or you're during that process).

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post

Then don't. Play something else, and check back later to see if it interests you.

No need to make a blogpost about it.

I personally am going for KSM and am almost there. Besides that, I lvld an alt and am slowly progressing thru m+ at abt the 10 range now. I saw the raid on normal, no guild on my server and don't feel like bothering to pug heroic yet. Will prob do so after ksm. Dabbled in pvp for a month or so.

If it wasn't for m+ I'd be in the same boat as u. Id recommend an alt or taking a little break

I love playing WoW - but the problem I have is that I can't find anyone else to do things with.

Would love to do more M+ runs - but barely scrape 1 a week.

So I'm struggling to find much at all to do.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.