Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Who do you think is the best villain in Warcraft?

I think this is Kil'Jaeden. Previously, he seemed to me like a typical typical supervillain from comics, but I absolutely fell in love with this character after the audiodrama The Tomb of Sargeras and 7.2. He is not some typical villain like Archimonde, who constantly kills subordinates for the slightest mistakes, KilJaeden actually gives second chances if he sees efforts and does not do everything to get even more power, he is really trying to save the universe from the Void (and at the same time he believes that there is no other way, since it is pointless to fight against Sargeras) and he even shows some kind of mentoring wisdom when he directs Gul'dan to open a portal for the Legion and explains some things to him, while Archimonde would just start screaming ''SUBMIT OR DIE, DUMM WORM''. He's really a pretty deeply written character (I think the best in the Legion expansion) and he has some remorse for his actions.

I also like Azshara because even in her endless arrogance and disregard for the lives of ordinary elves, she does not completely give a damn about her entourage, for they protected their Highborne from Mannoroth and tried to save them from the flood and she was really upset when she thought that she had failed her servants in the Warbringers. She's actually a pretty typical villain with no super plans (she just wants more power), but I think she's really chrismatic with all her arrogance and the fact that sometimes she pretends to be kind and affectionate.

UPD. I knew that people would talk about Arthas, although I do not understand what is special about him. He's really chrismatic (only thanks to his voice acting) and has a decent design (typical Dark Lord), but otherwise his story is just the story of Darth Vader.
    Last edited by darkoms; 2021-03-02 at 07:45 PM.

Kil'Jaeden is up there for me. But, imo, it's either Garrosh, or Arthas. Arthas was literally built different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas 10 char

Arthas imo Garrosh was alright too.

And yeah Kil'Jaeden is pretty good too.

So those are top 3 for me.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-03-02 at 08:00 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

OBVIOUSLY its the jailer z0v44l and sylvanas.
    Why else would blizzard be constantly rubbing our noses in it like we just peed on the carpet?!

I liked KJ and how he was portrayed in legion, showing his hate towards sargeras and his sad bitterness towards velen.
    I liked ragnaros and how single minded he is, very fitting for an elemental lord of flame... kickass voice acting obviously helps.
    Dreadlord villains in general have some really great voice lines and personalities.

Honestly i would rate arthas as average, he is basically anakin from star wars... lacks originality and you just kinda feel bad for him but meh.
    Illidan is a bit better but he is carried more by phenomenal visual and vocal design in War3 and some good cinematics in Legion.
    Garrosh was like that awful headmistress of hogwarts from harry potter, i hated his/her nazi ass but that was actually his/her job in the story, also good voice acting.

Generally speaking troll-related villains tend to have great voice acting and some really off the hook design, always loved troll dungeons.
    Surprisingly Warlords of Draenor had some good villains and overall a better depiction of orcs/ogres than done before in warcraft universe.

Garrosh. Simultaneously the best and worst Warchief the Horde ever had. Starts out with humble beginnings, tries to do the right thing, fell too far, now punished for it. It's not just great for key parts, it's great in its totality.

Oddly enough one of the major weaknesses of wow lore lore are the villains. Imo Sargeras is probably among the better villains in the lore. I liked the idea of a character I like Arthas in w3 and the dymanics between him and Ner'Zhul. I wasn't much of a fan during WOTLK. Just wasn't executed well imo. I am curious to see what the other responses would be like.

Garrosh

the only villain they wrote from scratch and didn't overdo (unless they bring him back this expansion, then cancel this comment)

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Arthas imo Garrosh was alright too.

And yeah Kil'Jaeden is pretty good too.

So those are top 3 for me.
    Funny how we share a top 3 lol

Arthas and Garrosh are the only ones who are not just plain evil and have real motivations. Some bullshit retconned motivations for Sargeras dont count.

"Look at me, I am Deathwing the destroyer because I like to destroy things."

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Funny how we share a top 3 lol
    Hehe yeah.
    Do you hear the voices too?

5+ Year Old Account
    Imo god like enemies almost always end up being poor villains story wise.

Like others have said wows best villains are Arthas, Kil’jaeden and Garrosh.

I’ll add in Magatha as well she is truly under used by Blizzard.

Arthas, then Garrosh. Everyone else is generic af.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's either Ner'zhul or the WC3 rendition of Arthas. I'd say the former, since he played all his enemies like a master fiddler - he was in fact so successful that Golden had to basically delete him from existence in Rise of the Lich King so that Golden Boi 1.0 could have all the spotlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It's either Ner'zhul or the WC3 rendition of Arthas. I'd say the former, since he played all his enemies like a master fiddler - he was in fact so successful that Golden had to basically delete him from existence in Rise of the Lich King so that Golden Boi 1.0 could have all the spotlight.
    i second this. WC2+3 ner'zhul was boss, and definitely my favourite.

garrosh is also up there, along with WC3 archimonde (not the joke he has become) and kel'thuzad.

and a small shoutout to c'thun, bc of his voice actor and the creepy theme around him, altho he has no real personality.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Obligatory Hogger.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Ner'zhul should have been given more credit than he deserves as of late. He was the one who turned Arthas into what everyone loved WC3 for, he was the sole mastermind behind it all.

All the retcons today just sour Ner'zhuls accomplishments and dilute them to the Dreadlords or the Jailer or Arthas himself to take credit for. It was Ner'zhul who betrayed and undermined the Legion, he who molded Arthas into the Lich King, he who spiralled the world into chaos just as he did in changing Draenor into Outland.

Quote Originally Posted by shogoth View Post
    Hogger obviously
    Hogger, beside the "meme factor" everybody talks about Hogger, everyone deals with Hogger. Hogger is the Best Villain in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like Yogg Saron. He really had a hand(tentacle?) in everything in Northrend and has some truly memorable lines even if he didn't stick around as long as many others.

Azshara is also great and I'm glad we didn't kill her for good.

Magatha Runetotem deserves more time in the limelight as well. A scheming Tauren is an interesting concept.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2021-03-03 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Bloody autocorrect