Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    All the princesses. Have you noticed that All Princesses Must Die? From that darn pig in Elwynn at level 9 there must be a dozen princesses in the game that you encounter and 95% of the time they turn out to be evil and you have to kill them.
    Ummm, that doesn't bode too well for girls like Tess or Talanji. Especially the latter, seeing as how she's Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Is that even competition? Arthas
    Or u mean because Arthas isn't 'truly' a villain?
    I really love that Arthas fans think he's the best villain simply because he is their favorite character. Arthas has a really cool design and voice, a kind of Dark Lord and I also loved Arthas. When I was 14. But his story? What is unique about it? Was good - some bullshit happened - became evil. This is literally the same as what we see in Illidan or Sargeras. KJ at least shows some depth of character, rather than acting like a crybaby (a book about Arthas) or like a cartoon villain (Wow). Your great and chrismatic Arthas from Warcraft 3 is gone. Golden killed him in her book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I really love that Arthas fans think he's the best villain simply because he is their favorite character. Arthas has a really cool design and voice, a kind of Dark Lord and I also loved Arthas. When I was 14. But his story? What is unique about it? Was good - some bullshit happened - became evil. This is literally the same as what we see in Illidan or Sargeras. KJ at least shows some depth of character, rather than acting like a crybaby (a book about Arthas) or like a cartoon villain (Wow). Your great and chrismatic Arthas from Warcraft 3 is gone. Golden killed him in her book.
    what depth? U mean because he shown regret in his last second, a so out of character behavior that knocked him out of actual good villains?
    Arthas story at least detailed, KJ 'regret' came out of blue, in just 1 patch, and that's a character that exist since wc2 days, for 22 years (yes 22 since his creation) he was pure evil, until exactly last patch we discover that he had 'regrets' that seems he himself didn't know?
    I can argue that Arthas isn't real villain as he isn't pure evil like Archimonde for example, or Gul'dan (pre sh8tcon), I liked idea of characters who are evil for being evil, no backstory or any bullsh8t, KJ was better villain until his last patch, where they decided that to make him more 'human' or something he needed to regret his decision, why? Why he doesn't just be evil like his subordinate Kazzak for example? Why is Kazzak better villain than KJ?
    tldr: I agree Arthas isn't best villain, but for sure not KJ, whose 'depth' is less than 1% of his entire story arc
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Lich King and Sargares (Before retcon)

Arthas stands out above all the others. Sargeras and KJ were well done. Deathwing was solid. Garrosh was okay. The rest are pretty forgetable as no one really sticks out. These guys had tons of build up and seemed like forces larger than the player. Villians we get now seem like speed bumps at best that are inevitably going to die to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Gul'dan was a badass villain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas or Lei Shen, though WoTLK Arthas left a lot to be desired and Lei Shen had basically no in game story progression (maybe that's why he was good)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Arthas or Lei Shen, though WoTLK Arthas left a lot to be desired and Lei Shen had basically no in game story progression (maybe that's why he was good)
    Exactly, they did with Lei Shen what they set out to do, and didn't drag it out beyond it's expiration date. Arthas was also really good, as he had the only good arc of a 'hero becoming the thing he set out to destroy'.

With all other antagonists it all feels dragged out, overused and milked to the point of exhaustion, worst offenders for me is garrosh. garrosh felt extremely forced, and the whole arc of 'I am a product of what others did to me' doesn't hold up when he still has free will and could basically fall back on the guidance/help of all the other horde leaders or a council of elders or something. But no, garrosh just wel full retard, there's nothing tragic about someone being too stupid to realize that they are stuck in a mess they made themselves, and that it was entirely preventable if they weren't too stupid/stubborn to listen to others.

However, it seems we have a new contender for most overused and stupid antagonist with sylvanas, depending on how blizz decides that shadowlands ends up treating here.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

I always liked the Burning Legion villains. In WC3, and in early WoW times they felt like an unbeatable threat. Someone you elude rather than actively oppose. Legion I felt made them much weaker than they ought to be, and wasted many opportunities with them. Seriously, what was up with Tichondius randomly appearing in Nighthold with so little story related to it?

It's not like there are a lot of good ones to choose from, but all things considered I think I'll go with N'Zoth. Unsurprisingly the Void storyline is what interests me the most about the Warcraft storyline, furthermore N'Zoth is a unique kind of villain as he is a schemer and master manipulator, as opposed to a lot of other villains that are just worthless brutes. Also, despite being biologically weaker compared to the other Old Gods, he was able to outlast them all via his shrewd cunning. I respect that.

Oh, and by the way, N'Zoth will be back next expansion. Bookmark this post for when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's not like there are a lot of good ones to choose from, but all things considered I think I'll go with N'Zoth. Unsurprisingly the Void storyline is what interests me the most about the Warcraft storyline, furthermore N'Zoth is a unique kind of villain as he is a schemer and master manipulator, as opposed to a lot of other villains that are just worthless brutes. Also, despite being biologically weaker compared to the other Old Gods, he was able to outlast them all via his shrewd cunning. I respect that.

Oh, and by the way, N'Zoth will be back next expansion. Bookmark this post for when that happens.
    He was able to survive them because he was buried too far and deep and therefore Cho'gall was unable to break his chains. His cunning had nothing to do with it, only his location.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    He was able to survive them because he was buried too far and deep and therefore Cho'gall was unable to break his chains. His cunning had nothing to do with it, only his location.
    This is my opinion. N'Zoth is my favourite Warcraft villain, he was also the most cunning and he outlasted all the other Old Gods. That's my opinion, the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to argue who the best villain in this franchise is a very silly idea. Too many factors that either help or discredit people's choices and people will typically stick to the "favorite" aspect of their choice.

But for the sake of being on-topic I suppose in my opinion the best villain was Gul'dan. Both universe versions did their deeds in the shadows, manipulating and scheming, as well as up front. His only real purpose/goal in life was to "see my enemies burn" by attaining as much power as possible.

Garrosh, hands down.

Honorable mentions: Gul'dan, Zul'jin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras really set things in motion for just about all other villains.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas. Best story best expansion best style and highest kill count.

Arthas, Garrosh, Ner'zhul, Archimonde, Mal'ganis, YoggSaron, Kel'thuzad and Xal'atath are some my favorites.

Arthas, Garrosh and Ner'zhul are all good guys who through betrayal of others and the manipulations of enemies were forced down a dark path to do what was best for their people. Arthas was overtaken by an evil Arthas who is probably the best villain in wow and most badass. Garrosh was someone with a lot of potential, but turned into a villain because of other's actions(he did nothing wrong) and Ner'zhul was a really good guy who had had enough of other's and snapped.

Archimonde and Kel'thuzad were both archmages in their own regards, but secretly craved for a darker power and behind the backs of their colleagues, made a deal with a darker master and later helped bring a good person to the dark side(KJ and Arthas).

YoggSaron was awesome, the first Old God with personality and caused so much damage to the world and opened doors for others even after his defeat. Xal'Atath whispering to us, pretending to help us and revealing knowledge all the while it was obvious that she's an imprisoned Old God(old lore said there was 5) will most likely play a major role in the future and have the last laugh as the weakest Old God being the last one standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Nonsense. DW knew what OGs were about, how wouldn't he? He was a freaking Dragon Aspect, yet still he decided to play a game he had no trump cards for. So much for the smart SoB we knew from WC2.
    What do you mean??? What game that he decided to play? He is in cahoots with the OGs since before WotA? He also never wanted this? just goes to show that even the most noble can be corrupted(becuase of his inherent connection with the earth.) Man, you don't even know the lore, or what is means, stop talking nonsense .

Even though her story never really went... anywhere... I really love the IDEA of Magatha Grimtotem.