Poll: Gul'dan vs Sylvanas

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gul'Dan vs. Sylvanas

And so, the two leaders of the Horde who manipulated this for their own purposes and who serve a great evil. Who do you think is more evil?
    Who will win the battle (Gul'Dan in his red hulk form, the current Sylvanas)?

And so they would think about each other? I mean, they clearly would not love each other because Gul'Dan serves Sargeras and Sylvanas serves the Jailer, but perhaps they would have mutual respect and admiration for each other's ability to manipulate and foment war. Blizzard said that Sylvanas considered Garrosh to be an amateur, perhaps she would have had more respect for Gul'Dan.

Sylvanas would win. Because sylvanas

at this point, who would win, sargeras or sylvanas? still sylvanas. They would come up with a weird reason for it, that somehow sargeras had an super deadly allergic reaction to Female Undeads who used to be high elves, and that is just affected on X day of Y calender, and IF you really think about it, it makes sense, for lore we are adding at the time,have made this legit weakness a thing.
    Last edited by wargone; 2021-06-22 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post

at this point, who would win, sargeras or sylvanas? still sylvanas. They would come up with a weird reason for it, that somehow sargeras had an super deadly allergic reaction to Female Undeads who used to be high elves, and that is just affected on X day of Y calender, and IF you really think about it, it makes sense, for lore we are adding at the time,have made this legit weakness a thing.
    Yeah,if Sylvanas can destroy an entire undead army and then beat the crap out of the Lich King without a single scratch,it shouldn't come to any surprise that Danuser will just allow her to defeat anything and anyone without effort

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas pre-Jailer power-up or post-Jailer power-up?

Gul'dan pre-backing from Kil'jaeden or Gul'dan post-backing from Kiljaeden? (before Nighthold) Gul'dan pre-Nighthold boss fight power-up or post-Nighthold boss fight power-up?

Sylvanas pre-Jailer power-up or post-Jailer power-up?

Gul'dan pre-backing from Kil'jaeden or Gul'dan post-backing from Kiljaeden? (before Nighthold) Gul'dan pre-Nighthold boss fight power-up or post-Nighthold boss fight power-up?
    This is literally written in the post. Red Hulk Gul'Dan versus the current Sylvanas.

If Metzen is writing, Gul'dan because of his famous love of orcs.

If Danuser is writing, Sylvanas because she gains even more surprise anime powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Gul'dan(s?) is a known quantity. Slyvanas on the other hand has potentially infinite strength until the new raid, or more depressingly likely even after that. There's just no realistic way you can argue that slyvanas isn't stronger right now after betauser has literally wanked her beyond death.

Who's more evil is a more interesting question. I'm tempted to say gul'dan since not only has he always just been uncomplicatedly cartoonishly evil, he also knifed his mentor orchestrated an unironic genocide, sold his entire species soul to actual devils, started two interplanetary wars, doomed his planet and dabbed on the legion by betraying them at the last second (and not even for ideolgical reasons, just greed).

Slyvanas by comparison was a mopey edgelord that did practically nothing from the end of TFT until legion where she decided she was the main character now.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Sylvanas would win, Gul'dan is more evil. Which question in the OP is the poll for?

10+ Year Old Account
    More evil? Gul'dan by far. Sylvanas at least seems to have reasons for the horrible things she's done, though we don't know what they are. Gul'dan was generally just always power hungry and more willing to be evil just to be evil.

In a fight between the two, it largely depends on what power sources they have. Sylvanas likely has more borrowed power through the Jailer and is a bit better at straight up fighting, but Gul'dan has more power he's taken on himself. Either could win if they can surprise the other with a quick attack, but Sylvanas likely wins a long fight given her near endless well of energy from the Maw.

Gul'dan is more evil because he doesn't try and rationalize his actions as being "for the greater good." He's just a power-hungry sap and I love him for it

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Yeah,if Sylvanas can destroy an entire undead army and then beat the crap out of the Lich King without a single scratch,it shouldn't come to any surprise that Danuser will just allow her to defeat anything and anyone without effort
    pretty much yea was going to be my argument.

sylvanas 3 at the end of BFA, almost loosing in a duel, 3 months later" so i soloed ICC, and the lich king without getting hit"

I'd argue Sylvanas is far more comparable to Kil'jaeden in terms of power. Definitely above Gul'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post

And who is more evil? Also. Jailer has higher power lvl than titans. so if he empower sylvanas with all his power she should theorically defeat sargeras.
    Last edited by kappalol; 2021-06-23 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    And who is more evil? Also. Jailer has higher power lvl than titans. so if he empower sylvanas with all his power she should theorically defeat sargeras.
    I wouldn't say that at all. At most I'd argue 9.1 Zovaal's as powerful as Sargeras, but that's it. Sylvanas feels more akin to Dark Avatar Aggramar tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    I wouldn't say that at all. At most I'd argue 9.1 Zovaal's as powerful as Sargeras, but that's it. Sylvanas feels more akin to Dark Avatar Aggramar tbh.
    If i remember correctly blizz said the first ones are higher on power scale than titans.

Pre-Janitor Empowerment: Gul'dan stomps. Sylvanas is literally just some weak banshee.

Post-Janitor Empowerment: Gul'dan still stomps. Godfrey literally oneshot Sylvanas in Cataclysm (after she met the Janitor) and he's literally just some zombie with a shotgun.

Sylvanas is weak and pathetic frankly, and she wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the Janitor. Her power is entirely borrowed: she did not earn it.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Sylvanas would win, Gul'dan is more evil. Which question in the OP is the poll for?
    Actually that. Exactly that

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Are we still jokeing? for if so yea! lolz(but that not how empowereing someone is, it not 100% of your power. if so, you would have 0 power and they could kill you...)

Which character is better for marketing? Yeah, she woud win

The power scaling is all over the place anyway. Saurfang was able to hit Sylvanas at least once, Bolvar just gets his ass beaten.

The power level debate is pointless. Gul'dan had to beg a guy with a hammer not to bash his head in at his worst while raising mountains of lava at his best. Sylvanas got taken out by a bullet to the head but also took out the Lich King.

As to who's more evil and what they'd think of each other, Gul'dan obviously - he's one of the best villains because he's an entirely unapologetic shitstain from start to finish motivated entirely by spite and what's good for him at that moment. He's a level of villainy that can go from campy to serious and that steals almost every scene he's in in WoD. He also has solid parts from his perspective in Tides of Darkness and as late as the pre-Legion novella. The guy got screwed in Legion and needed to be the ToS boss and have a stand-off with Khadgar instead of die to Illidan in an unrelated raid. Sylvanas is probably overall a more complicated character, but she's also been yo-yo'd this way and that for years and while also being a raid boss in an environment she's barely associated with. I don't see either having a good opinion of her - Gul'dan doesn't like or respect anyone else whereas Sylvanas badly wants to think she's a hero and doing people a favor - she shirks from comparisons to Arthas and Gul'dan is a step further down.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.