Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    lol
    You're gonna have to write some more than that, if you want to actually discuss something.

I can't even open the link. Can you link to an actual source instead of Twitter?

This thread says more about OP than the link he provides. Yeah, it's trite, but imagine being so shook that you need to come to MMO-C and post nothing but "lol" and hope you can other people to agree with you.

Well in short, its a Twitter profile, where a Select few have been chosen to be apart of "Women of Warcraft" i guess its meant to be an empowering thing, to show that women can play wow... which okay i guess?
    But the problem is this opens up alot of Trolls already they have been bombarded with alot of hate mainly because al the women are White, and good looking

It tilts me how arrogant and hypocritical this "WoW" group is. They say they're open to BIPOC women only and yet 9/10 of the people in video are not BIPOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    and good looking

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Still, it would be nice to normalize this. It'd be nice to see men actually able to handle a woman in voice chat during RBGs or raids. Maybe by 2030 they'll be able to cope.

5+ Year Old Account
    I am a female and I find this twitter post discriminating towards men, because there also should be "Men of Warcraft" in that case. We women don't like to be in a such center of attention, we just desire to play game like everyone else. I believe apart from this madness going on Twitch and social media there are women just like me who will agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    -snip-
    Is this Athenelol?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I am a female and I find this twitter post discriminating towards men, because there also should be "Men of Warcraft" in that case. We women don't like to be in such center of attention, we just desire to play game like everyone else. I believe apart from this madness going on Twitch there are women just like me who will agree with this.
    I agree with you. The fact that people even take this blatant virtue signaling serious when the game is dying... lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    This thread says more about OP than the link he provides. Yeah, it's trite, but imagine being so shook that you need to come to MMO-C and post nothing but "lol" and hope you can other people to agree with you.
    Comments like this make me lament the lack of a like button. Well said, Sir.

this thread will go places

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    Still, it would be nice to normalize this. It'd be nice to see men actually able to handle a woman in voice chat during RBGs or raids. Maybe by 2030 they'll be able to cope.
    I regularly lead RBGs and I've never ever heard anyone say anything even remotely sexist in the past decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about you guys, but I've always loved it when I'm placed on a pedestal solely because of my anatomy.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

I wish you didn't share this... why did you even?

umm ok.

I saw this a few weeks back but didn't know what was about.
    Well in short, its a Twitter profile, where a Select few have been chosen to be apart of "Women of Warcraft" i guess its meant to be an empowering thing, to show that women can play wow... which okay i guess?
    it reminds me of Powerful Women of Warcraft panel from Blizzon they were doing for a few years which served no purpose tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    That's more to do with the toxic WoW fanbase than anything else. I know more other women in FFXIV than men.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

But the problem is this opens up alot of Trolls already they have been bombarded with alot of hate mainly because al the women are White, and good looking
    So silly. Why would looks have anything to do with it? I mean, it doesn't. Isn't it about a game? The gameplay, who plays etc? Why are we so easy to spew hate :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    It tilts me how arrogant and hypocritical this "WoW" group is. They say they're open to BIPOC women only and yet 9/10 of the people in video are not BIPOC.
    Isn't it a new group (I have no idea..)? Would it be arrogant for me and my white boys to start a group saying BIPOC is fine and welcome? I mean, do one really need to have people of every walk of life to be able to say that it's ok?

It reminds me of LFG raids who ask for Curve which I need a group to get. Can't get curve because everyone asks for curve :P Catch 22 ftw.
    Last edited by Zephire; 2021-03-04 at 12:07 PM.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It's your comment that adds nothing, OP actually brought something to the table. I think it's laughable but also worth a discussion. I think this reflects perfectly what direction Blizzard wants to go in.