Chaos Brand not applying?

OK so I leveled up my DH via questing and never really played until this expansion. I did a few dungeons along the way in Shadowlands as they popped up while questing. I had no issues with chaos brand showing on everything I was in combat with. That all changed once I started doing CN. I would say that it only applies about 1/4 of the time on stuff more so on bosses it not showing up. I've tried being the one that pulls and it still doesn't show up. Are there some bosses/mobs in CN that just can't get the 5% increased magical damage debuff that I'm not aware of? A few I'm able to remember specifically are Shriekwing, Hungering Destroyer (oddly enough I was the ONLY tank on that fight), Sludgefist, Artificer, Lady Inerva, Stone Legion, and Denathrius (but oddly enough Remornia got the debuff).

Anyone able to help out with this issue?

It applies automatically even if it doesn't show.
    No need for it to physically appear, you can be sure that every hit applies this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    It applies automatically even if it doesn't show.
    No need for it to physically appear, you can be sure that every hit applies this.
    See that's what I assumed too especially since I noticed that even if I died during a fight it remained on until the boss died (without me getting a battle res to pick up tanking again) but when I see my other dots or debuffs but not that it makes me think its not on there at all.

if another dh applies it before you do, yours will not show up

Did you switch to using Elvui?

By default they changed it to hide some buffs/debuffs that last over x amount of time. Not sure what the length is, but I know it hides 24h long buffs like the BFF toy.
    Or like said, if there's another DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    if another dh applies it before you do, yours will not show up
    You know since I've only played with Veng since I started pllaying my DH I didn't even realize that havoc got chaos brand too until I looked just now. The times I've not seen it on a target I'm pretty sure there was another DH in the group but not a Veng one just havoc. I think this solved my question lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Did you switch to using Elvui?

By default they changed it to hide some buffs/debuffs that last over x amount of time. Not sure what the length is, but I know it hides 24h long buffs like the BFF toy.
    Or like said, if there's another DH.
    I don't use a UI mod but like I was saying to Elbob I think that explains it