Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Hard AF raids. People mocked Classic raids but in reality AQ40/Naxx were close to impossible without world buffs. This time around we don't have world buffs so we'll see only <1% clearing Sunwell again.
    Uhhhh close to impossible is putting it pretty strongly. Think if you have a somewhat decent guild and not just a bunch of shitters both are easily done both with or without wbuffs.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    For me:

1. People will really hate doing Hyjal. The trash mobs takes forever.
    2. People will be surprised how little preparation is needed for being a raider. If you are geared and in a raiding guild, with enough gold for your raid flasks/pots, you can pretty much be a raid logger. I am not saying that is a bad thing.
    For me it will 100% be how cancerous it will be to play in Outlands in those mega servers / streamer servers. Having more than 3k people compressed into 7 zones, specially right at the start with everyone in Hellfire Peninsula... oh boy it will be fun to read the forums in those days
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Hard AF raids. People mocked Classic raids but in reality AQ40/Naxx were close to impossible without world buffs. This time around we don't have world buffs so we'll see only <1% clearing Sunwell again.
    Don't make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Don't make me laugh.
    pre nerfed vashj en kealthas says hi. They both require teamwork from the raid, especially vasjh with the orb throwing. I won't say its its hard AF, but the normal 10 ppl that carry that raid is not really working on them.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    For me it will 100% be how cancerous it will be to play in Outlands in those mega servers / streamer servers. Having more than 3k people compressed into 7 zones, specially right at the start with everyone in Hellfire Peninsula... oh boy it will be fun to read the forums in those days
    layering will solve that pretty easily imho

How easily the raids will be tackled. Same as with Classic.

I think people who didn't play TBC back then will be surprised at the jump in difficulty with heroic dungeons. Granted now people will be going in with the knowledge and experience that will make it easier, but back then it was a huge jump! Did love it though, that and having to actually attune yourself to do a raid.

Not much since everything is known.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    You do realise we just had Classic vanilla and Naxx/AQ40 were both easy as fuck right?
    Yes but with world buffs. Try clearing them without, I can say you not gonna happen unless you are in top 0.5% guild.

In TBC you can't cheese bosses with world buffs anymore so raids will be a real deal.

Yes but with world buffs. Try clearing them without, I can say you not gonna happen unless you are in top 0.5% guild.
    Naxx without WB is challenging, I would even say "hard" considering some bosses, but certainly not "0,5 % top guild".
    AQ40 is easy even without WB. In fact, AQ40 has been the only raid that surprised me in Classic, because I thought it was going to be harder.

I totally agree that WB ruined Classic and massively trivialized the content. But you're just vastly exagerating here (just like the other side is vastly exagerating when they try to pretend that Nax is faceroll material).

I think people will be surprised by the viability of Janky setups

Like Tauren War, Stunherald, Hand of justice, Mace spec, and WF totem = Stunlock Warriors
    Or how druids tanks will prefer some resilience gear over Def rating gear to get crit capped
    Or how almost every druid in Arena will be a hybrid of resto/boomkin, restokin

How shit melee are in raids.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

How sneaky the Fel Reaver can be. I swear that thing used to randomly tip toe up on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    You do realise we just had Classic vanilla and Naxx/AQ40 were both easy as fuck right?
    Because everyone was stacking as much world buffs as possible. This wasn't abused so massively in Vanilla. People say raids in Classic were easy, but didn't bother to do them without Ony/Nef/ZG buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    How sneaky the Fel Reaver can be. I swear that thing used to randomly tip toe up on me.
    Man, hearing that "scream" while questing in that zone was giving me shivers. And I bet it will do this again, I just fear that thing.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

In TBC you can't cheese bosses with world buffs anymore so raids will be a real deal.
    You do realize that the world buffs are still in BC right? They weren't changed to "ratings" until Wrath.

As far as the thread, nothing should be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by lozza View Post
    I think people who didn't play TBC back then will be surprised at the jump in difficulty with heroic dungeons. Granted now people will be going in with the knowledge and experience that will make it easier, but back then it was a huge jump! Did love it though, that and having to actually attune yourself to do a raid.
    Love the assassins in Shadow Labyrinth that are sneaking around and backstabbing the healer when the rest of the group is fighting something else. TBC Heroics were so much fun.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    You do realize that the world buffs are still in BC right? They weren't changed to "ratings" until Wrath.

As far as the thread, nothing should be a surprise.
    I don't know if the latter is true, but I seem to remember that world buffs were fixed to not apply to lvl 70 characters at patch 2.1 or something, along with the stacking of every elixir.

Edit: In case you want a source for the WB part: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Rallying_C...e_Dragonslayer

Another edit: It also says that it was changed to rating in TBC
    Last edited by Nosnogard; 2021-03-03 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there a melee that can crit higher than casters in tbc? (lock mage boomie ele)

Quote Originally Posted by Nosnogard View Post
    I don't know if the latter is true, but I seem to remember that world buffs were fixed to not apply to lvl 70 characters at patch 2.1 or something, along with the stacking of every elixir.

That is correct, WB stops working at level 63. Elixirs have categorys, Guardian or Battle and you can only have 1 of each on. It is no where near as WB orrientated as classic. Most classes can ; Grab their flask or dual elixir, food buff and a stack of pots and thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    hit rating
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!