Daggers Transmog

Anyone have any idea why daggers can't be transmogged into other weapons? I as a shaman have some bad ass looking mace animations that I would like to swap between, but being as my current best available weapon is a dagger I'm stuck with a very limited amount of choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's general excuse has been that daggers have unique animations compared to swords, axes, or maces, and therefore it would break the game.

It's of course just complete bullshit. Any excuse to deny us the ability to make the exact tmogs that we want without being forced to use a badly itemised weapon that is compatible.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongCracker View Post
    Anyone have any idea why daggers can't be transmogged into other weapons? I as a shaman have some bad ass looking mace animations that I would like to swap between, but being as my current best available weapon is a dagger I'm stuck with a very limited amount of choices.
    because they can't? I dunno why but yeah for whatever reason that is the case.

according to https://wow.gamepedia.com/Transmogri...ompatibilities

Weapon types that can be transmogrified to each other:

Ranged weapons (bows, crossbows and guns)
    Two-handed axes, maces, and swords, staves and polearms
    One-handed axes, maces, swords, and warglaives

This leaves daggers, fist weapons, wands, shields and off-hand items as incompatible to other weapon types.

Just seems like a silly thing to leave like that, there is no actual reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongCracker View Post
    Alas, it is under their transmogrification restrictions.

I think we should embrace the future and permit weapons to be transmogged to what can be used, though still with one rule, 1h=1h, 2h=2h, OH=OH but the rest I believe we are experiencing a change for. Then again, this idea goes further against the no transmog crowd who believes that you should be able to be identified easier by visual.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

This leaves daggers, fist weapons, wands, shields and off-hand items as incompatible to other weapon types.
    This is outdated.

Fist weapons can tmog between none dagger 1h since BFA and Wands can go to daggers, swords, and maces since Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2021-03-03 at 12:48 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    This is outdated.

Fist weapons can tmog between none dagger 1h since BFA and Wands can go to daggers, swords, and maces since Shadowlands.
    The Wands into 1hs is what really kills me with the dagger animation things, but it’s likely because the skills that use daggers are a) not usable with 1h and 2) DONT support the animations of non daggers, which is bs

But whatever. I just wanted my dual fists. Guess I’ll just get it later tonight instead.

Blizzard's general excuse has been that daggers have unique animations compared to swords, axes, or maces, and therefore it would break the game.

It's of course just complete bullshit. Any excuse to deny us the ability to make the exact tmogs that we want without being forced to use a badly itemised weapon that is compatible.
    It's not because daggers use unique animations. They overcame this issue with fist wepaons and wands. The reason are animations for some rogue specific attack animations that were designed with daggers in mind. These animations will be the same regardless of the weapon but would look silly with non-dagger wepaons. This is why attacks that use those animations require you to actually equip daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    It's not because daggers use unique animations. They overcame this issue with fist wepaons and wands. The reason are animations for some rogue specific attack animations that were designed with daggers in mind. These animations will be the same regardless of the weapon but would look silly with non-dagger wepaons. This is why attacks that use those animations require you to actually equip daggers.
    Mutilate would look pretty bad with a mace or something. But at the end of the day, I think it should be up to the player if they think it looks bad or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

Fist weapons can be mogged to other one-handed melee weapons now.

and i dont understand their statement, i mean, if your dagger become a sword, the animation become a sword animation no? blizzard are kind of retard sometime

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest question is not specific weapons, but why the fuck, Blizzard doesn't allow casters to transmog MH/OH to show as a 2H weapon...........or for the legally insane, mog a 2H weapon to show as MH/OH..

E.g. for the interiety of Legion, my Warlock was using a dagger and an offhand.....That's not very warlocky.. And to make things even worse, that particulat offhand coun't be mogged AT ALL.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

It's because rogue(and maybe other classes?) has unique animations/models/specs for daggers only.
    I'd just let anyone use any t-mog as long as it fit their spec-class.

If you're lock like @FuxieDK - you should be able to t-mog whatever weapon you're able to wear. You have dagger + off-hand? You can t-mog them to 2-hand staff.
    You have a frost DK that have 2x one-hand? Feel free t-mogging them into polearm!
    etc

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    and i dont understand their statement, i mean, if your dagger become a sword, the animation become a sword animation no? blizzard are kind of retard sometime
    Some abilities hav special dagger animation(such a mutilate for the rogue), though they've let warriors use the same animation before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    If you're lock like @FuxieDK - you should be able to t-mog whatever weapon you're able to wear. You have dagger + off-hand? You can t-mog them to 2-hand staff.
    You have a frost DK that have 2x one-hand? Feel free t-mogging them into polearm!
    etc
    Exactly.
    It shouldn't actually matter what you are using because lets be perfectly honest, all they are are stat sticks anyway now since there are no weapon type bonuses. The only differences are for Daggers in Assassination & Sublety and Arms & Fury using 2h (or 1h fury)

Even with animations that would probably end up looking a little silly—such as the aforementioned mutilate—why does it matter? As long as it isn't completely glitched out nobody is really going to care if someone smashes two maces together instead of two daggers.
    Plus they certainly CAN do the animation since not only are they tied to the character model, but you can also deliberately use toys that overwrite the dagger model and the animation looks fine.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's because rogue(and maybe other classes?) has unique animations/models/specs for daggers only.
    I'd just let anyone use any t-mog as long as it fit their spec-class.

etc

Some abilities hav special dagger animation(such a mutilate for the rogue), though they've let warriors use the same animation before.
    I explicit mentioned casters, simply because they don't use the weapons for combat animations, where melee does (thus, letting a Prot Paladin mog into a polarrm), would be counter intuitive.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Daggers can be transmogged to the artifact swords using a bit of an exploit.

Because backstabbing someone with a hammer doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, annoys me too. So I use an inferior sword now on mage because its looks SO much nicer than a dagger.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Mutilate would look pretty bad with a mace or something. But at the end of the day, I think it should be up to the player if they think it looks bad or not.
    It would look the same as a shaman using Stormstrike with maces, axes or fists because it shares the animation with mutilate.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It would look the same as a shaman using Stormstrike with maces, axes or fists because it shares the animation with mutilate.
    Interesting, I never noticed that before.