Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    PS: as a side note i find it VERY funny that this discussion in some corners talk about max underrepresentation of Rogues and about overpowered Warlocks. the thing i find funny in that is the fact that over all 15 years Warlock was the most underrepresented class. long ago there was even a blue post from Greg Street (GC) about that and you can check it in the Census archives or wowprogress etc.

i wanna say totally nothing with that. and no, i play not a lock (i hate them of all my classes the most). i just find the relations funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The name kinda gives it away though...
    This is true...LoL. Now that I go back and look at it.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Yes, update rogues. Nevermind BM and survival hunters, frost and arcane mages, demon hunters, all 3 lock specs. Just keep tweaking one of most popular classes right now, fuck everyone who plays the aforementioned specs.
    BM and Survival are fine, especially in pvp. Frost is fine in pvp and pve. Fire is just s tier. Demon Hunters are okish if they’re playing Night Fae. Warlock could use Entrenched in Flame back for Destro in pvp. Aff is fine with Sacrolash. It just winds up playing dampen games. It’s also one of the strongest pve specs.

Rogue only works in setup comps like RMP.

Sounds good but now we all want you to look into our bad abilities too.

Me? I want Kyrian Shaman to be viable in PvP. A stationary AoE totem is hard to make viable.

How? Suggestion to maybe give a Conduit that makes the totem for instance pulsate a tiny bit of damage, letting it mess with stealthers? Also maybe let it heal when a Earth Shield procs, making it heal us when we are stunlocked.
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2021-03-04 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Rogue is currently the 6th most popular DPS class in raid:

1. Hunter
    2. Mage
    3. Druid
    4. Warlock
    5. Death Knight
    6. Rogue
    7. Priest
    8. Monk
    9. Demon Hunter
    10. Warrior
    11. Paladin
    12. Shaman

It is a top 3 class in M+ DPS:

1. Mage
    2. Druid
    3. Rogue
    4. Hunter

Can't speak to PVP, really. But rogue has been a top PVP DPS since... well... classic.
    Raid: Rogue is a pure dps class so of course it will be higher on the list if you look purely at the number of dps spec parses. But if you look at entire classes then it's still the most underrepresented class in the game in raiding because it brings nothing unique as a class. You can always replace a Rogue without any consequences. All other classes (especially pure melee classes) brings something to the table which cannot be replaced by other classes. I don't want Rogue to be buffed in terms of damage. I want Rogue to get a raid CD like a rework of smoke bomb which can compete with DKs AMZ or DHs Darkness.

M+: Outlaw is a great spec in very high keys because of the utility. But it has an extremely high skillcap to play optimally. If you look only at 14-16 keys then the Outlaw Rogue is much less attractive. If you only look at damage and not utility then Outlaw is a pretty bad spec.

PvP: Subtlety is a one-trick pony in PvP. It can setup fire mages and kill noobs who don't know how to counter to opener.

as one of the 5 nercrolord rogues in the world i would like to thank blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Rogues are one of the most underrepresented classes in PVP and raids right now, what are you talking about?

Try not to make this all about yourself, okay? Rogues have needed a little love for a while now.

It's not just a single underperforming spec, it's an entire class, and you're not wrong to mention warlocks too, who also are an entire class of underperformers, but the others all have viable specs. In fact, I can't believe you even mention demon hunters; demon hunters are the kings of M+ right now, ezmode timing a +15 with a DH tank, and do well in PVP and raids.

It's not unreasonable to address rogues who have had major issues go unaddressed for awhile now. It's just one of several updates likely to be coming, try not to get your panties in a knot just yet, as your favourite class may be the next one on the list, and then you won't be whining about getting no love, you'll just be seeing other people whine.

Sincerely,

a Paladin who hasn't had to worry about my class sucking ever
    Hahaha yeah sure. What the hell did you smoke ? Sub oneshots you @ pvp and outlaw is hell of a damagedealer in m+

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    BM and Survival are fine in 2v2 as long as you aren't facing a venthyr ZugZug Warrior. Frost is fine in pvp and pve. Fire is just s tier. Demon Hunters are okish if they’re playing Night Fae. Warlock could use Entrenched in Flame back for Destro in pvp. Aff is fine with Sacrolash. It just winds up playing dampen games. It’s also one of the strongest pve specs.

Rogue, the quintessential setup class, only works in setup comps like RMP.
    Just fixed some things for you

and this is why I didn't look at the BiS covenants when picking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Poor class changes. I hoped for more.