Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They opened a can of worms now - In before balance druid nerfs...And why not fire mages too, and ret paladins.

PS im feral druid and I hate convoke anyway, but convoke is even dumber on balance druid than us feral or guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Rogues are one of the most underrepresented classes in PVP and raids right now, what are you talking about?

Try not to make this all about yourself, okay? Rogues have needed a little love for a while now.

It's not just a single underperforming spec, it's an entire class, and you're not wrong to mention warlocks too, who also are an entire class of underperformers, but the others all have viable specs. In fact, I can't believe you even mention demon hunters; demon hunters are the kings of M+ right now, ezmode timing a +15 with a DH tank, and do well in PVP and raids.

It's not unreasonable to address rogues who have had major issues go unaddressed for awhile now. It's just one of several updates likely to be coming, try not to get your panties in a knot just yet, as your favourite class may be the next one on the list, and then you won't be whining about getting no love, you'll just be seeing other people whine.

Sincerely,

a Paladin who hasn't had to worry about my class sucking ever
    Rogue is currently the 6th most popular DPS class in raid:

1. Hunter
    2. Mage
    3. Druid
    4. Warlock
    5. Death Knight
    6. Rogue
    7. Priest
    8. Monk
    9. Demon Hunter
    10. Warrior
    11. Paladin
    12. Shaman

It is a top 3 class in M+ DPS:

1. Mage
    2. Druid
    3. Rogue
    4. Hunter

Can't speak to PVP, really. But rogue has been a top PVP DPS since... well... classic.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post

With the perma-slow and stupidly powerful dot synergies, Afflic needs a nerf. Shadow Priests have to play around with the most awkward dot spread ever designed while Afflics just lol and destroy.
    Whats awkward with shadowpriest dots?

https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...r=3v3&faction=

Look at the top 15 specs? Where is the lock? Couldn't find one?

While shadow is the best dot spec in 3s.

So, to summarize affliction lock:

class design sucks, new gameplay mechanic sucks and feel pointless(MR, casts to do dmg with dots, just isn't fun and can be shut down, unlike pve), legendaries give effects that should be mandatory - but no most needed tankiness, and tankiness was completely removed, squishiest affliction design up to date.

awkward class design + squishy = class disappared, some few play it in raids, because its high dps, but its not fun to play. This class is the most dead class in shadowlands by design, only a huge class revamp could fix that.

Demology even got it worse, its only best in Thorgast twisted corridors......there is no other purpose.

Ofc, it raises an eyebrow when blizz bring non-lock updates for serveral months now that actually matter in class design.

Seems blizz got back to their old model to have only 1 dude do the class design, apparantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Whats awkward with shadowpriest dots?

https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...r=3v3&faction=

Look at the top 15 specs? Where is the lock? Couldn't find one?
    I don't play arena, I play RBGs. Locks are part of the meta comp. Spriest is not.

Searing nightmare as a talent is fucking terrible, and you would be hard pressed to find any serious priest player who doesn't think that it either should be made baseline or reworked.

Imagine he means pvp and class design and not at all pve.(obviously?) The joke is on you.
    Well in PvP Rogue got:

- Outlaw: the worst pvp spec in the game.
    - Assa: very mediocre pvp
    - Sub: One-trick pony that can setup fire mage and kill noobs who don't know how to counter.

So I don't see how the joke is on me...

Warlock was king of PVP in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    They should have nerfed Affliction. Instead, it got a buff. Demo locks are the saddest of the three. Let's talk about balance druids and fire mages staying untouched
    Spoiler: The affliction buff doesn't cut it, dmg isn't their problem, squishiness is, demon armor allready is at 150% anyways, doesn't change a single thing against combustion and convoke, if your 3 min wall is on cd, you are dead, with no peels/heals around, even with the wall you are dead most of the times. You are even global'd if you are demology with soullink and wall up.

This will happen open field in rbgs - in arenas you still got pillars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Well in PvP Rogue got:

- Outlaw: the worst pvp spec in the game.
    - Assa: very mediocre pvp
    - Sub: One-trick pony that can setup fire mage and kill noobs who don't know how to counter.

So I don't see how the joke is on me...

Warlock was king of PVP in BFA.
    What has BFA to do with this? And in BFA only destro was king, the other 2 specs were utter garbage in pvp. Imagine someone is demology for a long time in pvp and this is the 2nd expansion in a row were you are not viable at all?

I'd suggest playing lock in pvp then I bet it will make you unsub form this game, you are like 2 expansions back in comparission to most other classes or so called S Tiers, you are much slower, not just runspeed, you need to cast for dot dmg and you need to cast for demology like crazy, too. And destro has big hits, but lacked his defensives and still is slower doing his burst than most S Tier classes, with so many classes that do not cast at all for the big dmg and are labeled casters.(fmage, boomkin)

The irony is, the weakest spec, demology, has some potential to be fun, if devs would fix it so, that its not so much about hard casts to deal any dmg at all. Also the dmg output needs to be buffed by a very huge number to stay competitive. i am speaking of all dmg increase +20% at least.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    You sound so stupid..do you even play this game? Rogues are far from the most popular class and are the most underrepresented. Get real kid. Jesus.
    Interestingly enough 3 DIFFERENT places have a differing opinion
    One place has from very bottom to top DH, Monk, Shaman, Warlock
    2 other places have from very bottom to top Monk, Shaman, Warlock
    In all cases Rogue was at the very LEAST, 8th played class with the average being the 7th most played class

And the 3 worst from ALL 3 places was Monk, Shaman Warlock in that order with small changes in the order after that (on place had DK after Lock and another had priest after Lock)

But you get the idea.

FAR FAR being the most unpopular.

I will grant though that the data is before the expansion but to say Rogue is the MOST underplayed and least represented is a falsehood. Unless of course you can provide actual proof similar but not exact like I have.

I don't play arena, I play RBGs. Locks are part of the meta comp. Spriest is not.

Searing nightmare as a talent is fucking terrible, and you would be hard pressed to find any serious priest player who doesn't think that it either should be made baseline or reworked.
    Not really a point to speak about rbgs, when moonkins are the best caster as usual anyways, it slow to setup and you can't get glad there, so...?

But lets discuss this anyways.

I played with searing nightmare when logged onto my shadowpriest, its place is merely for mythic+, why use that in pvp?

Even in RBGs you should use misery? look at the leaderboard for rbgs shadowpriets above 2,2k use misery.

And while affliction performs better in rbgs, shadow is still above fire mage and elemental shaman in rbgs, and overall, a good bg class, that performs much better in 3s arena and only need about 1 week to get high rated while i look for ever at the lfg tool to find the a group that fits my CR.

Class design doesn't change either, shaowpriests got an overhaul and the good stuff, affliction got awkward MR and its tankiness removed, yeah with 3 healers you might survive...you might survive even with 1 healer if you have a really good setup, but you definately do not survive without any healer, shadow can have pure DD comps and do well.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I am pretty sure you infamously announced you were quitting WoW and this forum and here you are
    I quit wow, and I quit this forum. Nowadays I'm 90% on reddit, barely come here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    I quit wow, and I quit this forum. Nowadays I'm 90% on reddit, barely come here.
    reddit is more about pvp anyways.

What has BFA to do with this?
    Relevant in relation to Warlock being Blizzard's favorite child.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    What are you guys talking about? Nearly every 24+ clear has one rogue and one mage in its setup. So rogues for m+ are currently meta and dont need buffs.
    If you're looking purely at timed M+, there are 79 runs of 24+ out of 15M total M+ runs so VERY cream of the crop. Of the rogues in there, nearly all of the entries are the same three players so it isn't a widespread thing.

Not really a point to speak about rbgs, when moonkins are the best caster as usual anyways, it slow to setup and you can't get glad there, so...?

I played with searing nightmare when logged onto my shadowpriest, its place is merely for mythic+, why use that in pvp?
    I mentioned that our dot spread was awkward. You asked why. I responded. SN is a mess.

I mentioned that our dot spread was awkward. You asked why. I responded. SN is a mess.
    its not used anywhere in pvp and i had no problem with it in mythic+.*shrug*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Relevant in relation to Warlock being Blizzard's favorite child.
    With the worst class design in SL, its rather a step child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Yes, update rogues. Nevermind BM and survival hunters, frost and arcane mages, demon hunters, all 3 lock specs. Just keep tweaking one of most popular classes right now, fuck everyone who plays the aforementioned specs.
    Just because they're showing some love to this one underperforming rogue covenant doesn't mean they're turning a blind eye to the other classes/specs that need love? Why are you being so negative and dramatic?

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    They opened a can of worms now - In before balance druid nerfs...And why not fire mages too, and ret paladins.

PS im feral druid and I hate convoke anyway, but convoke is even dumber on balance druid than us feral or guardian.
    good. its ridiculous that those classes stayed so far ahead anythign else for so long.

they should have been nerfed months ago

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post

Can't speak to PVP, really. But rogue has been a top PVP DPS since... well... classic.
    Unless youre pika, wagz or some other rank 1 rogue, rogue in pvp sucks right now since the kyrian nerf.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post

1. Hunter
    2. Mage
    3. Druid
    4. Warlock
    5. Death Knight
    6. Rogue
    7. Priest
    8. Monk
    9. Demon Hunter
    10. Warrior
    11. Paladin
    12. Shaman

It is a top 3 class in M+ DPS:

1. Mage
    2. Druid
    3. Rogue
    4. Hunter

Not that I don't believe you but do you have a source? All you have is a bunch of classes listed with nothing backing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Rogues are one of the most underrepresented classes in PVP and raids right now, what are you talking about?

Try not to make this all about yourself, okay? Rogues have needed a little love for a while now.

It's not just a single underperforming spec, it's an entire class, and you're not wrong to mention warlocks too, who also are an entire class of underperformers, but the others all have viable specs. In fact, I can't believe you even mention demon hunters; demon hunters are the kings of M+ right now, ezmode timing a +15 with a DH tank, and do well in PVP and raids.

It's not unreasonable to address rogues who have had major issues go unaddressed for awhile now. It's just one of several updates likely to be coming, try not to get your panties in a knot just yet, as your favourite class may be the next one on the list, and then you won't be whining about getting no love, you'll just be seeing other people whine.

Sincerely,

a Paladin who hasn't had to worry about my class sucking ever
    while i totally agree, i have to add that i see not that much tragedy in being just lower mid ground (if even), for a class dominating PvE for the last 5-8 years, and PvP from Vanilla to WoD or so.

Hell, i am not even talking PvE wise about raids (where they dominated A LOT), but just look even at the INSANE state in which Blizz allowed this class to be, in M+ as Outlaw from Legion till end of BfA. We are not talking about 1% in front of all others. We talk about a loooooot here.

that said, i agree to what you said, in the actual state of the game. but if ANY class deserves the lower end for a while, ... well... then for sure as hell it is the rogue class.

to back up my statement and to proof my recall, just have a look at warcraftlogs.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-03 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Stupid people come in all shapes, colors, and sizes. This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever read so far this year. Utterly Ridiculous.
    The name kinda gives it away though...
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.