Poll: Which covenant will be the most relevant post-SL?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Question Which covenant will be the most relevant post-SL?

I’ve held a theory for some time that the Shadowlands expansion is an intentional gateway to a post-terrestrial-warfare WoW existence, that in the tradition of high level D&D games “going planar,” we are at a point of no return in regards to a potentially complete transformation of the “war in Warcraft.”

Assuming for a moment that BFA gets devoured by Chromie time with a 10.0 squish to 50 (https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-level-60-cap) and the default new player 10-50 experience becomes Shadowlands, that intentionally placed first impression, with its complete absence of faction conflict which will then put the entire faction conflict in Chromie time (assuming we don’t start a new one by then of course), it springboards perfectly into a future of cosmic, planar adventures where the artists that make WoW will be fully unleashed!

...Which brings me to the question I want to pose today!

I know we have a habit of moving completely past the land masses and personalities tied to former expansions, but it’s really hard to do that with the shadowlands, especially considering how potentially helpful and relevant the covenant factions could be going forward. The question remains which of those four core covenant will be the *most* relevant as we look outward to a war bigger than any race war over land on a titan’s outer shell has ever been!

My default pick is of course the Kyrian for their seemingly innate ties to moving between planes, but an argument could also be made for The Necrolords, given their copious experience with defending the shadowlands from foreign planar invasions, or even making offensive moves along the same axis.

Or maybe there’s something I’m overlooking, and that’s why this is a discussion thread! What do you think? Which covenant will resonate the loudest into future expansions, and why?

None?
    where is yrel?

Night Fae, considering their ties to the Dragon aspects in the afterlife, and the Night Elves who perished in the burning of their home world tree.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

None IMO. With a gun to my head? A certain group has been manipulating every single other group and spying on them. I think the Dreadlords are going to matter more in the future and we know Sire isn't going anywhere because Bliz loves him.

where is the obvious „none“ option ???

Covenants are a warmup for distinction within individual classes, if they were going to keep anything it wouldn't be something limited to the plane of death. Blizz was already on the fence about allowing covenant abilities outside the shadowlands, they reverted that stance for gameplay, (presumably not for storyline revising) purposes. I'd be incredibly surprised if the covenants in any shape or form follow us outside the shadowlands.

As for story engagement, who from which covenant will play integral roles in future lore? Hopefully none of them. Keep the dead dead, I dont want the 4 death plane factions to influence the livings expanse into the cosmos in any way other than showing us how crappy it is to be shoehorned into one of four heavily biased world view factions. Its bad enough I have to follow / agree with everything my faction decides through the future story.

They might do something with the dragon aspects or perhaps kel'thuzard?

They kept the character alive this tier because they liked his voice work so many sire will play a future role?

I doubt any of them will ever be a focal point for a plot again though just a mention at most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakajz View Post
    None?
    where is yrel?
    Still on Alt Draenor where she belongs.

3+ Year Old Account
    Night Fae because of the Loa and Wild Gods who live there
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think because the dreadlord is manipulating everything we will be seeing more of them, probably Kel'thuzad, probably something about Elune.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Night Fae because of the Loa and Wild Gods who live there
    ^Yeah we definitely going to be seeing some more stuff about the loa/wild god and Bwonsamdi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night fae because of dragons and loa aswell as venthyr because of dreadlords.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    If any of these have a story part for 10.0, it will IMO be Night Fae. Tyrande's story seems likely to explode further and with all the Sylvanas/Jailer stuff we need to deal with, her story may well go into 10.0. Combine that with the seeming Dragonflight stuff and Ysera's role, there's a decent chance the Night Fae content leads us in part to 10.0.