Patch 9.0.5. Graphics

Anyone noticed a strange decrease in their graphics quality upon logging in to patch 9.0.5 today?

I normally run with my graphics set to level 8 not because it can't handle 10 but I don't need to however today there are lot of shoddy graphic examples such as pixelated Soul Fragments, Oribos floor looks horrid etc. and even changing to 10 doesn't fix all of these. Unit frames, nameplates, character models all still perfect.

The only way I can get the graphics back up to crystal clear is to up my Resolution Scale beyond the previous 100%.

Anyone else noticed this? I run a NVIDIA GTX 1650 Super so whilst isn't top of the line also isn't crap. No new driver update either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Anyone noticed a strange decrease in their graphics quality upon logging in to patch 9.0.5 today?

I normally run with my graphics set to level 8 not because it can't handle 10 but I don't need to however today there are lot of shoddy graphic examples such as pixelated Soul Fragments, Oribos floor looks horrid etc. and even changing to 10 doesn't fix all of these. Unit frames, nameplates, character models all still perfect.

The only way I can get the graphics back up to crystal clear is to up my Resolution Scale beyond the previous 100%.

Anyone else noticed this? I run a NVIDIA GTX 1650 Super so whilst isn't top of the line also isn't crap. No new driver update either.
    I do not see an issue with mine.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

nvidia had a bad driver released last week i think with a followup hotfix.

Wow Patches are also famous to reset some or all graphics settings sometimes, but not consistently to always expect it.

nvidia DLSS as aliasing option is also rendering at a lower resolution scale and then upscaling again as anti aliasing. That is an additional setting that might have changed if resolution scale is helping you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I noted no changes myself - I would check to ensure your in-game graphic options haven't been altered or reset by the patch in some manner.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Yes, I found this thread by googling it.

Ground textures are all like a weird 8bit looking, as well as mage portals.

I think I fixed it by enabling anti-aliasing. the one with 4x in the title.

::EDIT:: To add to this, I have an nvidia rtx 2060 and I was having same problems as OP. Oribos and Org flooring just looked bad, like 8 bit flooring. The only setting I changed was anti-aliasing and I set it to MSAA 4x and the issue went away and I have not experience any lag in major citys or random BGs.
    Last edited by chipthamac; 2021-03-10 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chipthamac View Post
    Yes, I found this thread by googling it.

Ground textures are all like a weird 8bit looking, as well as mage portals.

I think I fixed it by enabling anti-aliasing. the one with 4x in the title.

::EDIT:: To add to this, I have an nvidia rtx 2060 and I was having same problems as OP. Oribos and Org flooring just looked bad, like 8 bit flooring. The only setting I changed was anti-aliasing and I set it to MSAA 4x and the issue went away and I have not experience any lag in major citys or random BGs.
    I had same problem, using nvidia gtx1660, fixed it too with enabling anti-aliasing to MSAA x8. Note that it was enabled before patch, also the patched removed the limit I had to FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpilot View Post
    I had same problem, using nvidia gtx1660, fixed it too with enabling anti-aliasing to MSAA x8. Note that it was enabled before patch, also the patched removed the limit I had to FPS.
    I'm fairly certain they changed something in the engine. They usually reset all settings to autodetect when they do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just noticed that today running around in Bastion. I thought I was going insane. My computer is brand new as of a month ago, and I always run it on ultra settings, so it was a bit jarring.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I just noticed that today running around in Bastion. I thought I was going insane. My computer is brand new as of a month ago, and I always run it on ultra settings, so it was a bit jarring.
    Same here. I'm on a very expensive pc(like 1000$ or so lol) and I've been noticing that some spell/particle effects have been looking very low rez. I find that turns your resulotion to like 106% fixies it, biut it will make everything too smoothed lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrican View Post
    nvidia had a bad driver released last week i think with a followup hotfix.

Wow Patches are also famous to reset some or all graphics settings sometimes, but not consistently to always expect it.

nvidia DLSS as aliasing option is also rendering at a lower resolution scale and then upscaling again as anti aliasing. That is an additional setting that might have changed if resolution scale is helping you.
    wow does not use dlss.

by night wow had a 110mb patch

maybe it got fixed?