Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Progressing past +10 if you’re not in an organized group is like jumping into a flaming cauldron of dragon poop.

I’m at work.
    I'm pugging and just hit 1300 as a melee dps. Just gotta work a little harder

Now that renown is capped finally, ive got that itch to resub and play again (at my own pace), but i really want to get through the story in ff14 and wow is just soooooooo accessible. I can flip it on, do a calling or three, run a torghast, finish my weeklies and i know that if i do, im coming back to ff14 in a month or two completely clueless and terrified how to play my ninja/whm again. This is the absolute strength of wow. Whilst the knowledge i still have literal months of fun and engaging content ahead of me (not even remotely end game - im in literally no hurry, im 80 hours in and my whm is 37 and my ninja is 33, i wont even mention all the trades or other jobs i could pick up - msq is still around 24 (i just saved the sylphid granny) is the strength of ff14. Its so fun having both oscillating. Nov-Jan was wow's time. Now its ff14. Once 9.1 releases, we'll be back again facing the same dilemma... honestly, my primary focus is really to see just how long i can drag ff14 out doing events, dungeons, trust system and everything else. Its so fun. But that pull back to wow is always there...

Oh, i should also mention this, the problem and also the best thing about SLs right now (earlier post), is that the longer i stay unsubbed, the more stuff awaits me when i come back. For example, had i stayed subbed post Jan 20th, id be doing about three hours of gameplay a week finishing my weeklies. Now, almost two months later, i can jump into heroics (formerly dead content), torghast (formerly unrewarding content), pvp (formerly almost dead content - just need a few upgrades), lfr (dead content - again, just need cosmetics) and callings (absolutely a gold reward which i never cared about). Now i get renown on top of all that for catch-up. Thats at least two weeks of a sub. I also get valor which i admit i have nothing to spend on, but perhaps i could get brave and join an M0 for drops. No matter what, there's just more stuff for me to do and i can do it all at my own pace. Its genuinely alluring (not to mention my alts and the other three covenant stories).
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-03-10 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I’m at the vet with my dog

Because I can't render things and play Wow in high fps at the same time :P

The raid times for my guild werent as good for me as I thought...and they're effectively why I came back. Finding another guild feels kinda wrong, and I don't like SL's dungeon's enough to just grind mythic+'s all day.

Double monitor