Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you see nothing wrong with people queueing up for a dungeon, only to leave after first boss? really? NOT using a premade group, no, going into a random groupfinder with NO prior discussion, only to waste time of the other 2 dps and to some degree healer who went in to FINISH the place? really? nothing wrong?

damn....
    Yes, you are allowed to do that same way you are allowed to Que up to LFR as a tank and leave after first boss. Or before that.
    Were you so offended by a whisper or what? Otherwise I am really confused about where is this "audacity".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    so overall, blizz creating this problem in the first place and not fixing it upon seeing the problem should be blamed. they made raid legendaries 100% drops. why haven't they changed dungeon drops yet? people have been doing this since week 1.
    They fixed it by increasing drop chance in m0 and m+ by a lot. Unlike raids, it's spammable content, so it only makes sense for the items not to drop 100% otherwise, it would make as much sense to make all drops 100%. It's an RPG, regardless of what people claim it to be and farmable easy content dropping rare powerful item is consistent with other RPGs. TBF I would not know why would anyone be spamming normal, but it's up to them.

meh, goes to show how the game is being played. The LFG system is not there to find other players to play with, but instead they are most of the time a means to an end. It doesnt matter that you screw someone else over.

That said, I cant believe Blizzard have the items drop so early on. Its a no brainer that these items should drop on last boss.

Absolutely STUPID of Blizzard to have them drop off the first boss instead of last...

I see. thanks. still a shit move, make a goddamn premade instead of wasting people's time IMO.
    Shit move from Blizzard. We had that problem all through Legion and they still haven't realized they need a solution for it. People WILL be toxic if you allow them to be. There is no punishment possible in the system (cause any system would be abused and those that exist often are) so at least design so there are fewer rewards for toxic behaviour.

Thumbs down

oh wow. me wanting to be able to queue up for a dungeon and DO A FULL dungeon.. is a dick move. holy fuckballs. me wanting to use group finder as intended is a dick move and then consistently repeatedly stranding of people... is somehow ok?

I... don't even have words anymore.

and yes I agree with other comments that blizzard shouldn't have put legendaries on anything other then last boss.
    You misunderstood everything he said. He wasn't talking about you, but about the options the ones who farm the legendary have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krasuss View Post
    this is your problem...who tf does dungeons to do callings instead of 3 WQ and like 2 random treasures, especially if you want to avoid "headache"
    Doing a dungeon is actually faster / easier than doing that one WQ where every mob is tagged (for the callings that require one specific WQ, not the ones with 3-4 ones)

Farming rng leggo drops is the last thing this game needed, we had enough of that crap in legion.

Idk how anyone thought that was a great idea, why not make it guaranteed drop like world bosses or raid bosses? Why force people to grind the same dungeon boss 50 times? Oh yea, forgot, we're all about padding "engagement" metrics.

The main issue is, that OP thinks his time is worth more than others. The rogue (and tank) have equal right to waste as little time as you and the others. Humans are individuals and most strive to progress as fast as possible towards set goals. Your goal was to finish the daily, their goal was to kill 1st boss for an item. If you were to randomly join a group and get placed at the last boss, will you voluntarily join a 2nd group and kill the missing bosses that you skipped? The "intended" (read on, later I will explain that you are wrong) way to play a dungeon (according to you) is to kill every boss once. No you, selfishly, would NOT do that. And that's okay, you have different goals.

I feel like I have to specifically point out something for many here:

1.: OP needs to kill the entire dungeon to waste as little time as possible.

2.: Tank and rogue need to kill 1st boss to waste as little time as possible.

OP feels that rogue and tank are wasting his and the other group member's time. Which is a legit statement, however OP disregards the worth of rogue and tank time. If they continue playing they are completely wasting their time. This means OP does not think the time of other people is worth anything as well and tries to excuse this malicious thought with a faulty reasoning. The intention of the queue is to find people, not to finish dungeons.

It boils down to a very selfishly rant: OP thinks it's okay to waste time, if it benefits him.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2021-03-04 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Clarifying

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    See this all the time, it’s a shit move blizzard knows is a problem but yet still put stuff on first bosses lol
    At some point you need to stop blaming Blizzard for people's shitty behaviour.

They cannot constantly change stuff because some people have no regard for anyone but themselves and will exploit any system that can be exploited.

most of the time, an m+16 is less effort than any of the lower difficulties because there at least youve filtered away most of the bads.

14-15 are filled with lazy ppl who just wants a weekly done.

13 and lower are even worse.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

they are as toxic as you, just an annoyance. If you couldn't get a dps and a tank to replace those 2 then your queue wouldn't have pop anyway, and if you so adamant at finishing the normal dungeon with the same full group, just make a premade. It's way better that people use the queue for those shit then making a premade, as it doesn't take long to fill when they leave. And there's way more people doing heroic then normal, if the queue is too long in normal do the heroic. There is always gonna be people that leave, no matter what, if you don't want that, then don't use the queue and only play with your select group of friend that will never leave an unfinished normal dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    The main issue is, that OP thinks his time is worth more than others. The rogue (and tank) have equal right to waste as little time as you and the others. Humans are individuals and most strive to progress as fast as possible towards set goals. Your goal was to finish the daily, their goal was to kill 1st boss for an item. If you were to randomly join a group and get placed at the last boss, will you voluntarily join a 2nd group and kill the missing bosses that you skipped? The "intended" (read on, later I will explain that you are wrong) way to play a dungeon (according to you) is to kill every boss once. No you, selfishly, would NOT do that. And that's okay, you have different goals.

I feel like I have to specifically point out something for many here:

1.: OP needs to kill the entire dungeon to waste as little time as possible.

2.: Tank and rogue need to kill 1st boss to waste as little time as possible.

OP feels that rogue and tank are wasting his and the other group member's time. Which is a legit statement, however OP disregards the worth of rogue and tank time. If they continue playing they are completely wasting their time. This means OP does not think the time of other people is worth anything as well and tries to excuse this malicious thought with a faulty reasoning. The intention of the queue is to find people, not to finish dungeons.

It boils down to a very selfishly rant: OP thinks it's okay to waste time, if it benefits him.
    That's very well said. The main problem here is Blizzard getting legendary drops and some conduits from bosses that aren't the last. I've done Spires of Ascension for a conduit dropping from second to last boss as a tank 15+ times. Sometimes I'll finish the dungeon, sometimes I'll leave. It just gets very tedious to do the same shit over and over. I'd definitely be leaving after the first boss too if it was the same case like the one OP described.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

you see nothing wrong with people queueing up for a dungeon, only to leave after first boss? really? NOT using a premade group, no, going into a random groupfinder with NO prior discussion, only to waste time of the other 2 dps and to some degree healer who went in to FINISH the place? really? nothing wrong?

damn....
    The AUDACITY of going into a dungeon with any goal different to yours! How DARE they.

Absolutely not. Blame the design of memories not all dropping from the last boss if anything but primarily pull your head out of your own ass.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Takes 20 minutes per attempt ... my solution was to use heroic for the weeklies, because normal is what they use for farming memories.
    Not if you’re a healer like OP is. But yes that is also what I do; do it on heroic. Also queueing inside the instance for new tank and dps wouldn’t take long

I see. thanks. still a shit move, make a goddamn premade instead of wasting people's time IMO.
    Yupp either deserter needs to be changed or they need to make all legendaries drop from final bosses.

Is this mainly a case of principles? Because the reality is that a couple of new members will be automatically found for the group right away, so it's not really an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Also queueing inside the instance for new tank and dps wouldn’t take long
    Indeed, the times it happened to me it was very quick time for me to be kicked out of the instance when everyone left.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The lion the witch and the audacity of this bitch.

Really isn't a problem, takes like 2 seconds to refill the group and continue on.

Also it's entirely Blizzard's fault for handling legendaries like this. I had to do Theater of Pain like 17 times on my Rogue to get the legendary, and yes of course I left after the first boss every single time. Had I stayed for the full run despite not getting my legendary I would have been in that dungeon for about 7 hours instead of about 1 hour.

They should have made legendaries a 100% drop chance from the final boss on all difficulties and this wouldn't have ever been a problem. As it is now though it's really silly to expect people to stay after the boss that drops their legendary is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post

Doing a dungeon is actually faster / easier than doing that one WQ where every mob is tagged (for the callings that require one specific WQ, not the ones with 3-4 ones)
    Absolutely can't relate to this. The elite-WQ is done in less than 5 minutes tops, while normals/heroics can be full of bad people that deal 1k dps - this alone means the dungeon WILL take longer. Not even taking the queue into this. If you have a pre-made, I still do not fully agree, as a 5 minute fast dungeon is not always happening.

Not this shit again.

Auto LFG is the best place to do that, because you get substitute party members for the ones who leave as top priority over groups that are yet to be formed.

Also, this kind of behavior is directly incentivized by the way legendary recipes drop from non-last bosses.

No, just because you queue through an automatic system and end up in a dungeon with some random people does not mean you are signing an unwrit social contract with those people that both you and them are not allowed to leave under any circumstances.

PS. And yeah, do the elite WQ instead of dungeons for callings. There's literally no reason to do that through the dungeon unless you're on a fresh alt. It takes like 5 minutes.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.