Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The responses in this thread are exactly why the community is a toxic cess pool in WoW now. People defending shitty actions like leaving after the first boss, forcing players to sit and wait for a replacement. And if the person that left was a tank or healer? That group is more than likely disbanding because the wait is horrendous. Anyone who sees nothing wrong with leaving after the first boss are only saying that because THEY do that same thing and don't want to own up to their toxic behavior.
    ... exactly why the community is a toxic cess pool in WoW now. People defending shitty actions like wanting to force players to play with them longer than those want to ...

You keep ignoring that you get ahead of everyone else for replacements.

Also personally I don't farm memories in normal/heroic, that is way too much time. Get 3 geared friends, look for the right +10 key in the tool and get carried. One dungeon done. But I find it disingenuous to blame players for behaviour easily avoided by Blizzard putting memories on the end boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    ... exactly why the community is a toxic cess pool in WoW now. People defending shitty actions like wanting to force players to play with them longer than those want to ...

You keep ignoring that you get ahead of everyone else for replacements.

Also personally I don't farm memories in normal/heroic, that is way too much time. Get 3 geared friends, look for the right +10 key in the tool and get carried. One dungeon done. But I find it disingenuous to blame players for behaviour easily avoided by Blizzard putting memories on the end boss.
    If players want to voluntarily leave from a dungeon before it's finished, they deserve a 30 minute leaver debuff every single fucking time.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you see nothing wrong with people queueing up for a dungeon, only to leave after first boss? really? NOT using a premade group, no, going into a random groupfinder with NO prior discussion, only to waste time of the other 2 dps and to some degree healer who went in to FINISH the place? really? nothing wrong?

damn....
    While I was farming my legendary on my hunter (Second last boss in PF), I had a macro saying "Hey guys, this is the boss I needed, thanks for the run, but I'm going to leave now, so hopefully a levelling DPSer gets in, and gets the quick bonus exp from finishing the dungeon"

It may be wrong of me, but I felt that giving my spot up was more useful than finishing an instance I didnt need. The spots fill up in normal/hc in like 20 secs, so it's not really an issue I guess.

I do agree that its shitty that they whispered you after, trying to get faster queues for their farming though.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    While I was farming my legendary on my hunter (Second last boss in PF), I had a macro saying "Hey guys, this is the boss I needed, thanks for the run, but I'm going to leave now, so hopefully a levelling DPSer gets in, and gets the quick bonus exp from finishing the dungeon"

It may be wrong of me, but I felt that giving my spot up was more useful than finishing an instance I didnt need. The spots fill up in normal/hc in like 20 secs, so it's not really an issue I guess.

I do agree that its shitty that they whispered you after, trying to get faster queues for their farming though.
    Replacements are quick it the leaver is a dps, if it’s a tank or and healer it can take forever to find another one.

Also, the replacement is penalized from the start because one or more bosses are already down (for example I often join normal/heroics to quickly do callings with 4 bosses, sometimes I join a dungeon with one/two bosses already down and this is annoying).

But again, the fix is so easy (memories on last boss and gg) that I really don’t know why we are still in this situation.

The responses in this thread are exactly why the community is a toxic cess pool in WoW now. People defending shitty actions like leaving after the first boss, forcing players to sit and wait for a replacement. And if the person that left was a tank or healer? That group is more than likely disbanding because the wait is horrendous. Anyone who sees nothing wrong with leaving after the first boss are only saying that because THEY do that same thing and don't want to own up to their toxic behavior.
    Noone is defending it. The system is built in a way that it will happen, there is no meaningful punishment for it so noone is stopping people from doing that. Bringing up morality here is totally stupid because you cant possibly care about people you will never play with again.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You keep ignoring how Blizzard refills your group automatically. Does it matter to you which player you continue the dungeon with? Why does it have to be the one present at start of dungeon? Did the original players sign a contract with you to complete the dungeon?
    if you really think person leaves, you press I and someone instantly rejoins then you're really not having people bail on you in a dungeon. sorry it doesn't happen like that when it is a tank or a healer. The tank/healer bails, I is pressed and it takes up to 10 minutes to find a replacement, who if you're lucky isn't going to bail almost immediately because guess what they signed up to be a dick and only go for the boss that was just killed.

When you sign up you socially sign up for the entire dungeon no matter what goes on in the brain of the player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having the legendary memories in the dungeons on other than end bosses is a silly idea. Way too many groups break up because someone leaves when they get it, or don't get it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    so I'm queueing up for the 2 dungeons needed to finish Maldraxxus calling - on normal cause I am trying my best to avoid as much headache as possible. get theater of pain. first boss is already in progress. ok, cool cool cool, I adopt, I jump into healing, boss dies and... tank and dps leave. and then one of them whispers me if I could help them farm just the first boss.

IN LFG RANDOM. are you shitting me?

I guess i shouldn't be surprised at the audacity of some people and their complete disregard for anyone else... and yet. WTF.

could someone at least explain to me what the hell is so damn special about first boss of theater of pain?

thanks
    the first boss also drops two-handed weapons which most people just bail after they get it I know I did I ran the first boss 30 times until they got it and fucked off each time. if blizzard is going to design their game poorly than people are going to take advantage of it.

If players want to voluntarily leave from a dungeon before it's finished, they deserve a 30 minute leaver debuff every single fucking time.
    Nah, just lock them out until the Dungeon ID they left is Finished. If it doesnt get Finished, Lockout for 24 Hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post

And then another Hunter gets into the Dungeon who needs the Legendary, and his wait time for the dungeon is wasted.

However, i must say, talking to people makes it alot of nicer. I agree that if a single DPS leaves, its not a big deal.
    But if people Queue up with a Tank/Healer or as one of those, it can really screw the remaining people.

But we had the whole discussion back when Shadowlands started. There are equally much people who think its a dick move leave others when you get/dont get your drop, and enough who are on the different side.

In the end, I guess, one should add a list of which classes leave on which boss, and just VoteKick them at the start of the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Nah, just lock them out until the Dungeon ID they left is Finished. If it doesnt get Finished, Lockout for 24 Hours.

And then another Hunter gets into the Dungeon who needs the Legendary, and his wait time for the dungeon is wasted.

However, i must say, talking to people makes it alot of nicer. I agree that if a single DPS leaves, its not a big deal.
    But if people Queue up with a Tank/Healer or as one of those, it can really screw the remaining people.

But we had the whole discussion back when Shadowlands started. There are equally much people who think its a dick move leave others when you get/dont get your drop, and enough who are on the different side.

In the end, I guess, one should add a list of which classes leave on which boss, and just VoteKick them at the start of the dungeon.
    I am also willing to support that punishment.

again with that? stop being entitled, you clearly are failing to understand something very important. You wouldnt be already in the dungeon without this tank, you would still be in the queue waiting for a tank. If that tank is only here for the first boss and then leave, you are now the top priority to get a tank, if it take forever then there is just no tank, or all tank are with a healer, but you are the healer so you can't get them anyway.

An other thing you seem to not understand, their time is as valuable as your. They have no obligation to complete the dungeon.

The queue system is just to make joining a dungeon quickly so long as you have no expectation what so ever. It's working as expected.

I think we should start a movement #StopLfgEntitlement, everyone got to reroll a tank and always leave at the first boss at least once a day!

It's Blizzards fault.

They should increase drop rate then move it to the end boss.

Considering how low the drop rate is, I wouldn't really blame any Rogue if they don't keep running the whole dungeon again and again for it if they don't have to.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    if you really think person leaves, you press I and someone instantly rejoins then you're really not having people bail on you in a dungeon. sorry it doesn't happen like that when it is a tank or a healer. The tank/healer bails, I is pressed and it takes up to 10 minutes to find a replacement, who if you're lucky isn't going to bail almost immediately because guess what they signed up to be a dick and only go for the boss that was just killed.

When you sign up you socially sign up for the entire dungeon no matter what goes on in the brain of the player.
    Blizzard 100% supports the player that left after 1st boss as that player does not get any deserter debuff.
    Nobody signs any "social contract" when they queue up.
    Your post is again a prime example of people using guilt-shaming to enforce their own made-up rules on people that follow the official rules made by Blizzard.
    Toxic entitlement at its best.

The sense of entitlement to other people's time in this thread is insane. Do you want to know how many times í had to do the first boss on ToP on my druid to get my uncheck aggression conduit? 32 times. If i had completed every run so some entitled douchebag wouldn't start crying about HIS time being wasted, that's a hell of a lot more time than the avr 5 minutes it took per try by doing it this way.

I had to run Sanguine depths only 15 times total for my monk legendary, as it drops off the last boss, and it was torture. So no, i'd still do it like i did ToP, even if it means some people who get placed in front of the que get offended because they think they are owed my time when Blizzard made this stupid design

Ok, the amount of people spouting total bullshit is throught the roof. If tank or healer leaves during a dungeon, you get placed in high priority queue,
    So you will never wait more than a couple of minutes to find replacement, except if you are playing in dead hours.

No, it wont take forever, and no the group probably won't disband.

Goes to show how many people say and pretend they've done and understand something when actually they just talk bullshit for the sake of it. Totally insane.