AH prices dropping like crazy

With the arrival of TBCC and Naxx pretty much on farm, does anyone else notice an immense decrease in AH prices? Flask prices went down to pretty much 50% of what they were 2 weeks ago. Black Lotus the same, Arcane Crystals are on par with blue saphirs now. Plague Bloom and Dream Foil down to 35g per stack.

How much lower will the prices drop? Especially when WoW Classic flasks are still viable in TBCC.

I emptied out my complete inventory + bank storage on all of my alts to make epic flying in TBCC an instant as soon as I hit 70. I am guessing, I am not the only one? What are your thoughts on the dropping prices?

Makes the profession kits i'm making for my shaman pretty cheap to get, and makes raiding a lot easier on my wallet.

You should also check the opposite, the lowlevel materials, Shadowgems and Tigereye did cost like 80s on my server a few weeks ago, like a 900% price increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Facefive View Post
    With the arrival of TBCC and Naxx pretty much on farm, does anyone else notice an immense decrease in AH prices? Flask prices went down to pretty much 50% of what they were 2 weeks ago. Black Lotus the same, Arcane Crystals are on par with blue saphirs now. Plague Bloom and Dream Foil down to 35g per stack.

How much lower will the prices drop? Especially when WoW Classic flasks are still viable in TBCC.

I emptied out my complete inventory + bank storage on all of my alts to make epic flying in TBCC an instant as soon as I hit 70. I am guessing, I am not the only one? What are your thoughts on the dropping prices?
    people just putting their sockpiled mats into market in hopes they will make some gold before tbc but it's too late now as everyone does that

People are probably going into "tbc prep" mode where they are liquidating most of their stock piled goods, prepping prof alts etc. This ontop of decreasing interest in raiding Naxx might be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    You should also check the opposite, the lowlevel materials, Shadowgems and Tigereye did cost like 80s on my server a few weeks ago, like a 900% price increase.
    Exactly! Jewelcrafting is set to go and AH prices don't lie. I feel like stacking copper, tin and mithril ore is the way to go atm. thorium won't be a thing in TBCC as it wasn't in TBC, the lower ores however will be sought after.

you can still prospect it for gems and use it to level up the prof around the 300 region probably starting from something like 260 or 270 I would imagine.

actually just skimming this old guide it says you need like 50 thorium bars to do 225 to 250. says you need dense stone but i mean if you have dense stone you probably have thorium.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    you can still prospect it for gems and use it to level up the prof around the 300 region probably starting from something like 260 or 270 I would imagine.

actually just skimming this old guide it says you need like 50 thorium bars to do 225 to 250. says you need dense stone but i mean if you have dense stone you probably have thorium.
    Yeah, that is what I mean. Mining lower ore for prospecting and leaving out thorium as you only need dense stone. Or simply make a fortune keeping the ore till TBCC and selling it on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Facefive View Post
    Yeah, that is what I mean. Mining lower ore for prospecting and leaving out thorium as you only need dense stone. Or simply make a fortune keeping the ore till TBCC and selling it on the AH.
    everyone and their mother is gonna be doing the same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

People are quitting raiding in droves and are going into tbc prep mode or just taking a break until tbc release

This sort of makes me uneasy about playing TBC as someone who quit Classic fairly early on. By no means saying it's unfair, it 100% isn't, but it's gonna be hard to compete with the sheer amount of prepwork some people are capable of doing now with their cash reserves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This sort of makes me uneasy about playing TBC as someone who quit Classic fairly early on. By no means saying it's unfair, it 100% isn't, but it's gonna be hard to compete with the sheer amount of prepwork some people are capable of doing now with their cash reserves.
    Sure, but this is no different than someone who started in TBC vs the people who played vanilla. It will all even out in the first few months. Most of this just doesnt matter, either unless you're speed leveling and maxing out profs for some reason. If you're just coming back and still need to level, the first few weeks, you wont be leveling crafting profs anyway much.

IN fact, what I'd do if I were leveling a new or sub-60 toon is to take dual gather profs, gather and then sell on the AH every night or two. Create a low level bank alt and when you're done leveling for that day, go to an inn, mail all your gathered mats to the bank alt, pop yourself in the inn and log over to that bank alt later or the next day and grab the mats, stick them on the AH.