Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    This quote has been tied to literally everything.
    The four world trees and the tree in the Emerald Nightmare.
    The five pillars of creation.
    The dragon aspects.
    Sylvanas' deaths.
    Etc.
    I'm not going to put any stock into the whispers of Il'gynoth until there's something more substantial, and no one should act as though they are fact either. Especially given he gave the quote "Five lanterns, now darkened. The flame they seek will light the masters' way." in 8.3, which mirrors the initial metaphor of five torches being lit and implies that prophecy has been fulfilled and offers a continuation.
    Maybe he has Denathrius's key maybe he doesn't who knows.

Unless the Jailer misspoke, there's not much to debate. He explicitly said "three keys remain" after retrieving Kyrestia's key from Kingsmourne, so unless there are five keys Denathrius still has his key hidden away.
    Remember that the Primus told us the Arbiter holds the final key. So there is at least reason to consider this possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    You all just watch. The final key is us, the players, who have that "intimate connection to the First Ones" that has yet to be explained. Why else would the Jailer be so surprised when our presence made that First Ones portal turned on during the Maw escape scenario?

The player character always ends up being the final piece to whatever puzzle each expansion presents to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I don't think Blizz cares about stuff like this. I mean the Lich King wasn't a thing till after the second war yet apparently a lack of one causes a rift to the Shadowlands opens up in the sky. The timeline being weird is normal.
    Your ignorance tells me you skipped the very first shadowlands cinematic... You know the one where Sylvanas literally rips the Helm of Domination apart and THAT EVENT creates the rift above the Frozen Throne.

Now about Denathrius still having his key. The Jailer's plan was flawless until we escaped the Maw, which he thought impossible. THAT is the catalyst to mess up his plans. First time we meet him in Revendreth, no one knows he's working for Zovaal. Our champion is pretty much the one "finding out", or at least making it possible, that Denathrius works for the Jailer, and has been all along. Whatever struck the Arbiter was even the same crimson red we see everywhere in Revendreth. I suspect they had something to do with it.

So had we not escaped the maw, the story would probably look a little like this : the Mawsworn and the Maldraxxi's assault of Bastion would have succeeded, and they'd go on to Ardenweald, wipe out the rest of Maldraxxus, then move on to Oribos. At this point Denathrius turns around and gives his key willingly. Zovaal wins!

Simple, but to the point. Sire Denathrius was meant to be a double agent 'till the very end. And he definitely still has his key, otherwise blizz wouldn't say "oh someone might try to break him out soon(tm)", and like many, my bet is on Lothraxion.

5+ Year Old Account
    If he had Denathrirus' key then he would have said "two keys remain", unless we want to assert there are five keys.
    I'm inclined to think that there are actually five keys, one for each playable covenant plus the Arbiter's. Which is presumably the hardest to get one's hands on.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's nice to know I'm not the only person who thinks Oribos looks like a giant soul-cannon. I'm fully expecting that at some point we weaponize the structure to force our way, somehow weaken the Jailer, or annihilate the bulk of his standing armies in one fell swoop.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We do? I don't remember hearing anything about that, and it wouldn't exactly matter much with how the Shadowlands are set up anyway. It's also still a realm of the Shadowlands. The Shadowlands are a plane of existence, not of geometry.
    The whole landmass was banished below, it was mentioned in the story by Zovaal, I am Just wondering which deactivated portal leads to it normally or if it was indeed once part of Oribos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    That is a debatable.
    Ok he might not have it on his person since he is a sword now lol, but he could have been hidden in plain sight, in someone from the revendreth story line. Like Kael'thas had some shit done to him and who knows what they did, what if it is in him or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    You all just watch. The final key is us, the players, who have that "intimate connection to the First Ones" that has yet to be explained. Why else would the Jailer be so surprised when our presence made that First Ones portal turned on during the Maw escape scenario?

The player character always ends up being the final piece to whatever puzzle each expansion presents to us.
    And that would explain why we can use the waystone. Heart of Azeroth may be one of the key. If not for the Heart of the Forest (which is the most likely to contain Winter Queen's key), I'd say Winter Queen may have given her key to "her sister" (whoever it is) in the Mortal Realm, which would actually be the best way to hide it from someone contained within the Shadowlands.

The biggest problem I have with that theory is that's it's really too close to previous ones. Like, what, we'd be going to the Jailer's place to defeat him, just for him to tell us it was the plan all along as we have the last key he needs for his demonic plans ?
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2021-03-08 at 10:41 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    And that would explain why we can use the waystone. Heart of Azeroth may be one of the key. If not for the Heart of the Forest (which is the most likely to contain Winter Queen's key), I'd say Winter Queen may have given her key to "her sister" (whoever it is) in the Mortal Realm, which would actually be the best way to hide it from someone contained within the Shadowlands.

The biggest problem I have with that theory is that's it's really too close to previous ones. Like, what, we'd be going to the Jailer's place to defeat him, just for him to tell us it was the plan all along as we have the last key he needs for his demonic plans ?
    I don't know why, but I strongly suspect that the WQ's key and the Tears of Elune (from Legion) are closely related, or even the same thing actually.

I mean its obvious how it will end because its happened in the last 2 expansions... in the last tier we will have to "channel all the power of the covenants and thus lose the power of them" to somehow make the end achievable. Thus the cycle is complete.. got power at start of expansion.. built power all expansion... gave up power at end of expansion... oh and guess what.. next expansion new power to be given, built, and lost again!

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Now I am sure that Blizzard will give the Jailer his Thanos moment and let him have a huge win.

Then we get the next expansion - 25 years after the Jailer dominated Azeroth...
    I would actually enjoy this very much.

A good hard cold unforgiving end, with an ability to start fresh. wow2 if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post

A good hard cold unforgiving end, with an ability to start fresh. wow2 if you will.
    The Jailer collecting keys is reminiscent of Thanos collecting the Infinity Stones as well. Since Blizzard doesn't have a shred of creativity I am so certain this is the way things will go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post

No, because he wants the world soul and once thats within his grasp its GAME FUCKING OVER, No wow 2 or anything. Its game over, the same if N'zoth infected the World Soul with his corruption.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by lozza View Post
    Draka being the key is an interesting idea as these keys seem to be within characters as opposed to a physical key like the Blade of the Primus could be
    "Guys one character died! So we now know for a fact that every key has to be in a character". Are you sure this is the line of logic you want to go with?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how primus placed the key inside Draka... I hear "bow chiki bow wow..." music in my ears now!
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, because he wants the world soul and once thats within his grasp its GAME FUCKING OVER, No wow 2 or anything. Its game over, the same if N'zoth infected the World Soul with his corruption.
    Considering that the Burning Legion has laid waste to all the worlds it set foot in EXCEPT Azeroth, I'm sure she will survive to whatever the Blue Man has in store as well. Ditto for dem tentacle bois.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-03-08 at 03:03 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yeah it's almost like we have seen and done this dance before, eh? I remember complaining about borrowed power during SL beta and got made fun of with claims that tier sets were borrowed powers too
    Some folks in these boards have somehow managed to claim that trinkets, or any gear you put your hands (paws?/hooves?) on is also borrowed power. And they are being dead serious

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Some folks in these boards have somehow managed to claim that trinkets, or any gear you put your hands (paws?/hooves?) on is also borrowed power. And they are being dead serious
    Because it is.

At the end of the expansion you go from it being the hottest stuff for gear to it being useless and replaced by some greens and blues a few hours after expac launch. All your stuff you earned is effectively invalidated by the next expac.

Just instead of an event or something making it worthless, your levels do.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I mean its obvious how it will end because its happened in the last 2 expansions... in the last tier we will have to "channel all the power of the covenants and thus lose the power of them" to somehow make the end achievable. Thus the cycle is complete.. got power at start of expansion.. built power all expansion... gave up power at end of expansion... oh and guess what.. next expansion new power to be given, built, and lost again!
    That only happened in Legion. The Heart is working just fine as long as you aren't in the Shadowlands, where Azeroth's connection to you doesn't reach. It never got depowered, and is actually a major boost in TW.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That only happened in Legion. The Heart is working just fine as long as you aren't in the Shadowlands, where Azeroth's connection to you doesn't reach. It never got depowered, and is actually a major boost in TW.
    Ok buddy. Explains why the power of the planet neck is a dust collector in my bank and how gear and stuff still has azerite powers. But your right, it's just because of SL. Sadly I tried itvin Org and it didn't work.. But your right.. next expansion it will most certainly be the best neck piece again once out of SL... LOL

Man these kids need to just realize a lore technicality is the same thing. You won't ever get that power back. It was taken. Sorry the technicality of "depowered" upset you. Either way power was given and LOST if that makes you feel better.