Blood DK Levelling

Quick query but is scaling broken in lower exp dungeons for certain classes? Levelling two tanks at the moment, DK and Paladin, both level 40 and the difference in squishyness is absurd.

Both have an iLevel of 41 (mostly heirlooms) and here are the armor values with and without active mitigation:

Paladin (Base): 365 / 38.30%
    Paladin (SotR): 694 / 54.14%

DK (Base): 251 / 25.93%
    DK (Bone Shield): 431 / 38.98%

I understand DK's have less armor to offset their self-heals but unless I cycle through all my CD's a normal pack of 5 in a TBC dungeon will almost one shot me.

I assume this is just scaling and isn't a sign of things to come when I start levelling in SL normal dungeons at 50?

I hardly ever level and have been playing my DK since wrath. But i wanted to level something during prepatch so i started another DK with in mind to pick a different covenant and to get the heritage gear from void elves.

I know what you are talking about. It starts to improve big time i think somewhere at lvl 41 or 43, we starting to get the stuff that help us enormous. Haste when boneshield is up, i believe the 60% more stamina passive. Before that it was a mess. Tho i didnt wipe a dungeon. It was crazy hard and i felt i couldnt do much. But like i said after 40 it felt like the dk i knew again and way more fluid gameplay with more control.

Once you have the level/gear requirement to que for any SL normal/heroic, tanking them as blood will be a breeze.

3+ Year Old Account
    Have to agree at level 30. Squishiest tank I've played, and I've played them all. But I must ask, is your paladin wearing a shield? That's a pretty big armor bump right there.

I think after we get Will of the necropolis at 35 (-30% damage when below 30%hp), Voracious at 45 (death strike heals 20% more, 15% leech for 8 seconds), and Veteran of the third war 49 (30% increased stamina and 10% reduced incoming damage.), we'll be just fine.
    Blood DK

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskla View Post
    Have to agree at level 30. Squishiest tank I've played, and I've played them all. But I must ask, is your paladin wearing a shield? That's a pretty big armor bump right there.

I think after we get Will of the necropolis at 35 (-30% damage when below 30%hp), Voracious at 45 (death strike heals 20% more, 15% leech for 8 seconds), and Veteran of the third war 49 (30% increased stamina and 10% reduced incoming damage.), we'll be just fine.
    tanking as a paladin is kinda literally but not literally impossible to play as a tank, without a sheild....