Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    I believe the table is 250 per upgrade and 3 (or 4) ilvls per upgrade. So an ilvl 200 item would require 1500 Valor points to upgrade to ilvl 220, given you have +15 KSM.
    That's not bad Now I "just" need to stop slacking on my dungeon runs.

Is it me or still no news on how many VP every run will drop?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    Except it is, there's a max earnable amount per week, but characters can only hold 1500 at a time. Why put 2 caps in place at all. May you read twice if needed.
    It's not what it says. the 5000 is a one-time starter "cap" as a catch up not a weekly cap. The weekly cap is 750. Either you understood that and are bad at writing sentences or you didn't understand it and still don't. Either way, the reasoning for only letting people hold onto 1500 at once is blatantly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Either i'm really dumb, or this is confusing.
    we both are dumb then, i dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    It's not what it says. the 5000 is a one-time starter "cap" as a catch up not a weekly cap. The weekly cap is 750. Either you understood that and are bad at writing sentences or you didn't understand it and still don't. Either way, the reasoning for only letting people hold onto 1500 at once is blatantly clear.
    You are absolutely wrong. Starts at 5000, increases by 750 a week, doesn't drop down and limit to 750/week. So week 2 is 5750, week 3 is 6500. You can only hold 1500 at a time, so if you spend your 5000 for that week, then the following week you can earn 5750 again, not 750. Weekly caps reset, they don't persist.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Yup it’s not written in plain English or they didn’t proofread what they wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Khahandran View Post
    That's literally what the post says. There's an earning cap of 5k but also a holding cap of 1.5k. You can earn 3 times the holding cap in one week. This means you can empty your holding cap 3 times before you reach the earning cap.

No, the post says the weekly cap is 750 - not 5000.

They're just upping the initial cap to 5000 as a catch up - not 5000 per week.

The holding cap will be 1500, so 2 weeks of cap increase.

Week 1 will be 5000 total cap (this includes anything you have earned previously and spent - same as conquest)
    week 2 will be 5750 total cap
    week 3 will be 6500 total cap

etc.

Reading is indeed hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    You still upgrade conquest gear with honor though. Conquest is only used to buy gear.

Having it capped seems like a really bad idea to me. If you use it on anything that's not BIS, then long term those points are wasted. There shouldn't be a finite amount of them.
    It is capped because the actual acquisition of pieces isn't capped. You can run M+ for pieces to upgrade as much as you want. You can only get conq pieces by spending conq or from the great vault. After you are conq capped, you have to wait until the next week to get an upgrade.

The system is wonky for this tier being implemented halfway through, but imagine next tier.

If valor was uncapped and available at the start of the expansion, you could fully gear yourself to 220 week one if you ran enough dungeons. As generous as PvP gear is, you can't put conq pieces in every slot week one, it still takes time to get fully geared from it.

Except it is, there's a max earnable amount per week, but characters can only hold 1500 at a time. Why put 2 caps in place at all. May you read twice if needed.
    5000 is given because of how far PvP is now. S2 it will start 750 again, so non issue in essence unless you can cap in like 5 dungeons, which would mean that there is little chance to get items which you want to upgrade.

You are absolutely wrong. Starts at 5000, increases by 750 a week, doesn't drop down and limit to 750/week. So week 2 is 5750, week 3 is 6500. You can only hold 1500 at a time, so if you spend your 5000 for that week, then the following week you can earn 5750 again, not 750. Weekly caps reset, they don't persist.
    I take it you don't do PvP, because conquest has a cap that works the same way as valor will. It is more of a seasonal cap that raises each week than a weekly cap. They are giving it a big jumpstart because it is being implemented mid season.

This week, the total cap for conquest is 7150. It will raise 550 each week, so 7700 next week. If I cap conquest this week, at the start of next week, my conq cap will show that I've earned 7150 out of the possible 7700 conq for next week, I can't earn a full 7700 conq, just 550 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    This is good news, I fully expected a flat cap of 750 for each week and thus only 3 upgrades a week.

But what does this mean for alts? Do I need a +5/+10/+15 achieve on that specific character, or do I just need it on one character?
    Right now the keystone [something] achievements are account wide with shared progress.

Do we know, how much we will earn per run? I really hope you stop earning it at cap instead of it just disappearing, because without the possibility to upgrade existing gear, I can see getting capped before I get a piece I want to upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weihu View Post
    If valor was uncapped and available at the start of the expansion, you could fully gear yourself to 220 week one if you ran enough dungeons. As generous as PvP gear is, you can't put conq pieces in every slot week one, it still takes time to get fully geared from it.
    when was the last time we were allowed to keep relevant amount of currency for purchasing gear across seasons?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    we both are dumb then, i dont get it
    It works exactly the same as conquest does, if that is any help.

Formerly known as Arafal

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    so many words just to teach us all you lack basic reading comprehension, it's sad really

But if the items are retroactive you could easily cap without getting an item right? like I’ve gotten maybe 2-3 useful m+ items all season (granted I’ve only run maybe 15), so aren’t we just going to cap and waste it? Seems odd to have the cap on holding valor so low.

people dnt understand this is simply a catch up mechanism because its coming out mid patch and normally it will be 750 a week increasing

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post

when was the last time we were allowed to keep relevant amount of currency for purchasing gear across seasons?
    The person I was responding to wanted valor to be uncapped because honor is uncapped.

If valor was uncapped and was available at expansion launch, you'd have been able to get full 220 the first week of M+, which is way more than you could get with any amount of PvP.

My only reference to a future season is that if valor was uncapped, you'd be able to get the equivalent item level for next season the first week as well.

I made no reference to holding valor across seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Why does valor need a cap at all? Honor can just be grinded infinitely.

AFAIK Valor can only be used for upgrades, not purchasing gear, and upgrades are a function of Honor not Conquest so they should be roughly equivalent.
    This, so your pve gear should only be upgradeable to 197; just like honor gear.

How many M+ keys are they expecting the average player to run per week?
    It is almost always a single piece of dungeon loot to choose from in the weekly vault, on the rare occation I do get credit for a second one, the ilvl is far too low to be relevant. Point being, we are not going to be getting much gear from valor.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Funny we get this update a few days after the report where WoW numbers had stabilised and the honeymoon period of shadowlands is over
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    How many M+ keys are they expecting the average player to run per week?
    It is almost always a single piece of dungeon loot to choose from in the weekly vault, on the rare occation I do get credit for a second one, the ilvl is far too low to be relevant. Point being, we are not going to be getting much gear from valor.

... that's exactly what valor is for. upgrading that piece where the ilvl is too low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.