Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is too many people are anti-social in an MMO lol.

People don't like joining voice because it makes them uncomfortable hearing new people talk, and it's easier to just put these groups on blast in chat if a wipe occurs, leaving without any kind of accountability. Not that there's much accountability either way, but you get the picture.

If you want good groups, ask that people get into voice and look for people with similar experience. You don't have to ask that they've done the 15 (for example) already to join the 15 that you're making, but if you see they've actually completed numerous keys around the 13-15 level (especially the key you're trying to do), it's likely they at least know what's going on in the dungeon.

A large portion of the WoW player base is socially retarded, but the voice thing I mentioned can be pretty legit. A lot of people you meet in this game can be absolute raging retards in chat, but when you suddenly start attaching voices to people it's far less likely to happen. If you get a voice automated phone call IRL you have no problems hanging up, but when you hear an actual human being on the phone you're usually going to be far more polite, even if it catches you at a bad time or it's not something you're particularly interested in.

So yeah. Make your own groups and ask people come and listen. That way you're all on the same page and it's less likely to be a rage fiesta. You're still going to get a lot of people who will never mic up on comms, but I can assure you the amount of people you meet who flat out leave or rage at individuals in your group is going to diminish greatly. You might even make...friends so that you don't have to go through the awkward situation of having to meet randoms to do dungeons with...

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i am in a guild most of the people in it tho are still working through this pandemic so i dont have much choice but to pug if i want to do keys, unless i want to spam them all during the weekend when more guildies become avalible
    god i love statements like this. they are so full of .....

the reason why people dont do content X with guildies is because they guildies usually dont have decent enough skills to do content X

why ? because content X is overtuned for 90% of playerbase

therefore statisticaly its also overtuned for at least 90% of people in guilds.

and you can see that . even in mythic raiding guilds you have ... 2 consistent m+ groups tops. rest is just occasional few players from guild core raid team .

why ? because even in mythic raiding guilds you have effectively A team and B team in the same 20man raid - and usually people from A team dont want to do m+ with people from B team because ... they wouldnt make timers.

people just dont have balls to admit it.

thats why when random no-name-joe-average asks for people for his key in guild he is usually met with dead silence - but when the A team is looking for that 1 last spot for +14-15 like 10 people want to get in .

ofc whether that dungeon is on +15 or +10 or +5 or X differs depeneding on level of guild . but mechanic is exacly the same

game is just too hard atm for majority of playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    The problem is too many people are anti-social in an MMO lol.
    people were always antisocial in mmorpg - even in vanilla.

you know what was so nice back then ? that you could type instead of speaking . thats why so many people with social anxiaties got attracted to mmorpgs of that time

nowadays those people avoid group content - because they rather not do content at all then speak on voice comms.

this is why m+ is failing to attract more people - becaue model that requires you to use voice comms is unappealing to a lot of people .

thats also why wow is failing constantly in last 10 years - because its trying only to appease to toxic top 5% instead to bottom 95% .

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn I thought it was because this game is over 16 years old? They should certainly hire you to fix the game.

You can still join groups without communications you know, people advertise them all the time. If you're expecting quality groups I'm not sure why you wouldn't take any precaution necessary to ensure a more organized experience.

Vanilla was also a game when it launched back in 2004 where barely anybody raided and most people were content with just doing quests.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    This. Joining a guild is a good start. Best thing ever when you find one where you 'belong'.
    Though fully expect guild to have their own set groups this late.

On topic, you cant. You always have to be ahead of the curve if you pug. Week 1, day 1 of any content - no one asks for achi, day 2 and you're too late.

simple, my aim is to get ksm be4 the upgrading system comes in, i have read that in order to max out the upgrades to the m+ gear to max you need to have done all 15s in time on a toon
    Keystone Master became easy after the first wave of nerfs (about 1 week after the first MDI matches finished).
    If you still don't have it, frankly you don't deserve it (that includes pugs) because at some point it just becomes meaningless if they keep nerfing it.
    And yes that includes access to the highest upgrade level. If you haven't cleared KSM yet then better gear isn't going to help.

im taking about needed curve for normal and hc and also 1 that really annoys me min 1300 rio to do 15s when currently its impossible to get that even if you manage to time all 15s.

how do you fix this? i lack 2 timed 15s to get ksm and the game stopped giving me keys that i need to get this achievement, how should these catch 22s be fixed// dint bother saying make your own grp till you get something useful as when you only have 2 dungeons left its near impossible to get a key you need.

an the other one needed arena rating to do rbgs and arena.....

how you you fix these catch 22s on a GAME wide basis
    I feel like the easiest way would be to make the content easier so that people don't feel the need to have these extreme requirements just to complete content.

Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    I feel like the easiest way would be to make the content easier so that people don't feel the need to have these extreme requirements just to complete content.
    Plenty of people just do +2s or +7s or whatever level fits their skill/interest.
    Nobody has the right to complete a 15. A 15 requires a full group of somewhat competent people that are able to act somewhat in unison.

And nobody stops you or anybody else to make a group without "these extreme requirements" and do whatever level key your group can do.

Cause there are few ppl who make groups, and rest just wants to clear dungeons fast and easy. Usually ones who make groups know what is better to specific dungeon making it feel like there is some meta requirment.

So just make groups you leeching goblins and start boosting everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Usually between 20:00 and 02:00 (not the whole time, but in that slot), but also sometimes during the day.
    Result is always the same when I try to go random - and its also true for basically everyone I know (except people who just go Tank / Heal ofc.).
    Could be the time then. Sucks if that's your only time to play. Going horde would probably fix that but I wouldn't wanna faction change either

First of all, this isn't what a "catch 22" is.
    Second of all, none of those things need to be fixed by Blizzard.
    The way to fix them is to play with a more cohesive group and pursue success more often and in more ways.

Its not the GAME'S fault, that players are lazy.
    So it will not be the game's job to fix it either.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

im taking about needed curve for normal and hc and also 1 that really annoys me min 1300 rio to do 15s when currently its impossible to get that even if you manage to time all 15s.

how do you fix this? i lack 2 timed 15s to get ksm and the game stopped giving me keys that i need to get this achievement, how should these catch 22s be fixed// dint bother saying make your own grp till you get something useful as when you only have 2 dungeons left its near impossible to get a key you need.

First of, 1300rio is baseline for having everything on +15.

Second of all, do you just try to to get only the ones you miss? So in total you have 6 timed 15s and about 1250rio? Have you thought doing more 15s in general? Even the ones you have? So you can show to the people you sign up you have actually played the game instead of having just 6 unique +15s run which someone can easily assume they are payed boosts.

Any key pusher or any people that have KSM in their majority they never just have those 8 dgs in +15. They have done mulptiple attempts on keys, maybe even couple of +16s and generally they finish KSM with something at about 1350rio.

Sounds to me man, you just cant be arsed, you got lucky in 6 unique +15s and now that your option are limited you just cant arsed to farm your key or anything else and you came to MMO-C to bitch about how unfair the game and the life is.
    ''Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities'' ~Voltaire
    ''As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.'' ~Dickmann's Law
    ''No life is worth living if we can't be true to our nature'' ~Baine Bloodhoof

simple, my aim is to get ksm be4 the upgrading system comes in, i have read that in order to max out the upgrades to the m+ gear to max you need to have done all 15s in time on a toon
    You need to get keystone master AFTERZ the patch not before. It does NOT count of you do it before.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Plenty of people just do +2s or +7s or whatever level fits their skill/interest.
    Nobody has the right to complete a 15. A 15 requires a full group of somewhat competent people that are able to act somewhat in unison.

And nobody stops you or anybody else to make a group without "these extreme requirements" and do whatever level key your group can do.
    The game is just frankly too skill based. Blizz needs to make gear matter more than skill to help combat this. Since io is an attempt at a measure of skill. The only way to make that go away would be to make success less dependent on skill. I think this is why the classic launches have done so well. It allows low skill people to succeed through just playing enough.

The real problem is you can have a group of 210+ people and fail a +8. What do you do at that point? Quit and play something else?
    Last edited by Garybear; 2021-03-08 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    You need to get keystone master AFTERZ the patch not before. It does NOT count of you do it before.
    of course it counts if i get it be4 there is'nt going to be a new a new season with 9.0.5

of course it counts if i get it be4 there is'nt going to be a new a new season with 9.0.5
    They literally said in an interview that you need to redo ALL dungeons as +15 AFTER the patch otherwise it will not count.

They literally said in an interview that you need to redo ALL dungeons as +15 AFTER the patch otherwise it will not count.
    what interview? where is it?

finished KSM a week ago. 1298 io. how did i do it? i made friends. because thats how you have access to lots of different keys. and not have to pug.

- - - Updated - - -

what interview? where is it?
    he wont answer because there isnt an interview that said it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take 'things that didnt happen'.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    god i love statements like this. they are so full of .....

the reason why people dont do content X with guildies is because they guildies usually dont have decent enough skills to do content X

why ? because content X is overtuned for 90% of playerbase

therefore statisticaly its also overtuned for at least 90% of people in guilds.

and you can see that . even in mythic raiding guilds you have ... 2 consistent m+ groups tops. rest is just occasional few players from guild core raid team .

why ? because even in mythic raiding guilds you have effectively A team and B team in the same 20man raid - and usually people from A team dont want to do m+ with people from B team because ... they wouldnt make timers.

people just dont have balls to admit it.

thats why when random no-name-joe-average asks for people for his key in guild he is usually met with dead silence - but when the A team is looking for that 1 last spot for +14-15 like 10 people want to get in .

ofc whether that dungeon is on +15 or +10 or +5 or X differs depeneding on level of guild . but mechanic is exacly the same

game is just too hard atm for majority of playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

people were always antisocial in mmorpg - even in vanilla.

you know what was so nice back then ? that you could type instead of speaking . thats why so many people with social anxiaties got attracted to mmorpgs of that time

nowadays those people avoid group content - because they rather not do content at all then speak on voice comms.

this is why m+ is failing to attract more people - becaue model that requires you to use voice comms is unappealing to a lot of people .

thats also why wow is failing constantly in last 10 years - because its trying only to appease to toxic top 5% instead to bottom 95% .
    its good to know i can leave for a bit and come back to find you spewing the same old shit as always. game dying, keep posting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    its good to know i can leave for a bit and come back to find you spewing the same old shit as always. game dying, keep posting.
    Some of what he says isn't completely untrue in my experience. Like guild cliques, and text chat being more approachable than voice chat.