Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Dreadlord reemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by TRCKSTVR View Post
    Hi,

    For thoses who make RGB group at 1500 CR, and only want meta spec.

    I would like to understand your reasons, your point of view. Why did you only need and only want S-tier specializations ?

    Do you think that at 1500 CR an S-tier is more viable? Why do you take a S-tier at 1500 CR with 1500 Exp and refuse the others with 2400 exp and 226+ gear ?
    Because if you are serious and want to go from 1500 to 1600, you cant do it with random people if everyone is ilvl207.

    At this points, Your opponents won't be low level, most of them will be overgeared for 1500, so you need to be competitive.

    Unless you want to do +50 bgs to level from 1500 to 1600.

  2. #22
    So you are assuming 207ilvl geared, 1500 exped player is better pick than 226+ilvl, 2400xp+ hunter or doubled class that ur not supposed to double?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by TRCKSTVR View Post
    Hi,

    For thoses who make RGB group at 1500 CR, and only want meta spec.

    I would like to understand your reasons, your point of view. Why did you only need and only want S-tier specializations ?

    Do you think that at 1500 CR an S-tier is more viable? Why do you take a S-tier at 1500 CR with 1500 Exp and refuse the others with 2400 exp and 226+ gear ?
    Because people are morons. They don't have functioning braincells most of the time, they just read a guide, doesn't understand anything from the guide, skip to the rankings part and take all the shit from top without even knowing why and how its good. Unless their favorite streamer tells them what to do, they don't know what to do and when they get their info, they stick to it like good little sheep they are. Sheeps are not very smart animals.

  4. #24
    Maybie you have to try "harder" to get accepted in a group. I was accepted as a 'ret' paladin in RBGs (in 2013/2014, but it's identical now, maybie the ret is better now though?), but it took many attempts indeed back then.... and many groups.

    Long story short I finally landed in a group led by a kind player who knew what you precisely talking about: At low rating, S classes are not a necessity. I got my RBG mount with him. Patience, and perseverance. Keep trying maybie, at least that's what I did... Good luck if you keep trying.

    As for why people only accept S specs, I think we cannot easily change the mentalities. I know for sure that if I came back playing to Classic (for example), I would have played a S spec, that would have saved me the headache (...)
    Cheers

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by TRCKSTVR View Post
    Hi,

    For thoses who make RGB group at 1500 CR, and only want meta spec.

    I would like to understand your reasons, your point of view. Why did you only need and only want S-tier specializations ?

    Do you think that at 1500 CR an S-tier is more viable? Why do you take a S-tier at 1500 CR with 1500 Exp and refuse the others with 2400 exp and 226+ gear ?
    I get your issue,but like the others said,you need to make your own team,if you dont have time than thats that,get over it and play something else,you cant change peoples mind

    In wrath when i still did rated pvp,i played with my friends non meta comps,and we still got 2.3k+ in 3's,pushing to much more wasnt going to work but we achieved our goals anyways,and ofc making a 3's team is easier than managing an rbg team,what else you gonna do?try finding like minded people/friends if you cant deal with it by yourself
    Last edited by deenman; 2021-03-14 at 07:02 AM.

  6. #26
    Mistweaver is the easiest healer to take out in RBGs, especially in pugs. No need to be 2400 rating to figure that one out.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by TRCKSTVR View Post
    I'm not askip about what to do for playing RBG with my spec, but want to know the reason of being declined each day.



    But a 2400xp mistweaver is better than any 1500 S-tier healer. He had by far more knowledge, probably more geared, than any 1500 S-tier healer. It doesn't explain why they decline.



    I disagree, bad players increase the chances of losing, has nothing to do with meta or not meta.

    A bad player who plays S-Tier remains bad, can do anything with the BG, he will never replace the efficiance of a midd-tier who knows what he has to do because of xp gap.

    Meta is for top players who have the xp and the mastery of the class to take advantage of this ... advantage. If you have 500hp but you don't know how to drive, you don't become a pilot.
    I have a 2.5k rated team, and I can honestly say every single one of our healers got flat out boosted. they have no real PVP experience, we have never once won a team fight. its a bunch of my friends, that I played with for fun, and we ended up pushing to 2.4k for everyone to get gear (which resulted in some sitting at 2.5k since they were higher rated than others when we started)

    None of them would have even gotten 2.1k, and I know this because they tried. Hard. and peaked at around 1900 after hundreds of games.

    so does 2.4k xp mean shit? not really. Ive played against 2.9k rated rogues that i ran circles around. they were no different than the all the other rogues all the way from 1500 mmr to 2.9k. only difference was that they got more help from their team mates and had better rotations, their mechanical gameplay was still that of a 1600 rated arena player.

    Actual Real boosts are also rampant, over half of our games were against people we knew were boosting the moment we got above 2.4k mmr.

    Imagine my surprise when my FC dies with 4 stacks, and the only reply I get when I ask what happened was that "he died really fast" with 2 Dpriests and a Hpally ontop of him in defense, a rogue and a boomkin killed him in 3.4 seconds. 0 CD's used by healers 0 heals recieved. thats a 2.5k xp healer right there.

    Your XP sadly means very little.

    and thats coming from someone who plays more Alt-RBG's than anything, and we take w/e healers, cuz we're at like 2k mmr so who the fuck cares. but we've declined plenty of high warlords signing up and the few we have taken have been absolute shit more often than they have been good.

    If we ignore the 2.4k xp from your post though, theres not much to say, other than that theres a reason they are stuck at 1500 CR. off-meta classes always have a role, MW healing output is crazy, so at low MMR where people arent good enough to kill them, they can spunk out healing like no tomorrow, and unlike resto druids and Shamans, its hela fast.

    personally found a use for sub 2k rating games on my shitty resto druid, which is memeing around and tiger dashing in stealth to desoriantate the entire enemy team as our engagement, since im immortal for like 12 seconds afterwards with the Barkskin legendary.

    But do u think that play would work with people who are hard stuck 1500 rating? probably not. i doubt they would even realize why its good in the first place when u have 3 boomkins on your team.

    it is simply easier to play meta shit because its more obvious what you are meant to be doing, and if u play the same shit every time, then you know how to play it. if you keep swapping around ur setup you have to change ur play style, which once again, isnt what 1500 rated players are the best at.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by m4elstr0m View Post
    Because people don't think with their own brain, instead they read some pro player tier rankings and anything below s-tier is now not even playable. Sheeeeeeeeps
    True, but people just want to play with whats best as well because its 'easier'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •