Page 28 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    it also staggers out the content so you have a reason to stay subbed forever rather than subbing, catching up on all the series then bailing out.

New show in may then in june then in july. What a coincidence.
    The problem with that model, for some like myself, is that since the content is always available after I will be like "well, no sense in subbing now, I can wait until F&WS is done, then watch it all".

Then it's April and I haven't seen Mando season2 yet.

I subbed for Mando1, and didn't find a lot of content to keep me watching continuously, so unsubbed. Certainly the market is geared more towards folks that want a few things to watch here and there, and weekly shows work great. It also tends to put a lot of pressure on whatever the current content is, since a bad set might turn off people and then resubbing is slower than staying subbed.

But, I'm sure Disney has their business model pretty well figured out and doesn't miss my $, so not a big deal.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There seems to be a lot of moving of the goalposts here.

I think some people in this thread are trying to say that Marvel comics is in trouble.

Other people are trying to say the comics industry overall is doing fine (thanks in large part to manga).

And some are conflating the two topics and getting themselves confused and shouting at each other. Pretty typical for MMOC tho to utterly fail at reading comprehension.
    The thing is Marvel Comics is not in trouble. They WERE in trouble...25 years ago. Bad trouble. Bankruptcy trouble. But they recovered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    6 episodes was what they announced it as, and up to now there's no season 2 in the works.
    I'd personally love to see more, maybe some more spy stuff once secret invasion and/or mutants come into the mix. But maybe they'll have to call it something else then ^^
    Ah, did they? I kinda skipped over all promotional material after hearing it was coming lol I wanted as many surprises as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes, it’s 6 episodes and then we get Star Wars: The Bad Batch on May 4th. Following that series we get Loki on June 10th.
    I'm not much of a Star Wars guy (still haven't seen the last movie!), but I'm definitely looking forward to Loki.

It's actually about the same length as WandaVision in terms of running time. WV had more episodes...but they were, for the most part, shorter.
    That's a good point, actually. The majority were definitely shorter.

The way they're broken down seems to work better for their respective series, though.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I feel like they're using these limited series as lead-ins and in-depth looks to flesh out their movies, really.

It's also a very European thing to do, to only have one or two seasons, max, of a very tightly, focused show.
    Yeah, we do this with the majority of shows in the UK. I'm still amazed that the US turned 2 seasons of The Office into 9 lol

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    it also staggers out the content so you have a reason to stay subbed forever rather than subbing, catching up on all the series then bailing out.

New show in may then in june then in july. What a coincidence.
    Subscription services have done this for as long as they have existed. Nothing coincidental about it, really.

I think Disney caught on to this more when they released Mandolorian in the US. They probably saw how many people only watched that before unsubbing. Also probably why they added Starz(?) to the service over here, giving people more mature content to watch. I dunno if that was already a thing in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

Yeah, we do this with the majority of shows in the UK. I'm still amazed that the US turned 2 seasons of The Office into 9 lol

At the same time though...you have how many seasons of Dr. Who now? :P
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

At the same time though...you have how many seasons of Dr. Who now? :P
    Touché lol

I think, in total, we're pushing something like 40? There were 26 before it ended in the late 80s. And the new ones that started in the mid-00s are on 12/13 now, I think. And a movie somewhere in the 90s.

There is always an exception

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Touché lol

I think, in total, we're pushing something like 40? There were 26 before it ended in the late 80s. And the new ones that started in the mid-00s are on 12/13 now, I think. And a movie somewhere in the 90s.

There is always an exception
    Idk, I think you guys are simply only allowing 1 set of movies to go on forever along with one television show. See James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The problem with that model, for some like myself, is that since the content is always available after I will be like "well, no sense in subbing now, I can wait until F&WS is done, then watch it all".

Then it's April and I haven't seen Mando season2 yet.

I subbed for Mando1, and didn't find a lot of content to keep me watching continuously, so unsubbed. Certainly the market is geared more towards folks that want a few things to watch here and there, and weekly shows work great. It also tends to put a lot of pressure on whatever the current content is, since a bad set might turn off people and then resubbing is slower than staying subbed.

But, I'm sure Disney has their business model pretty well figured out and doesn't miss my $, so not a big deal.
    Research shows that some people never get to watching shows when they are dumped because 'they can just watch it later'.

The goal is retention of the subscribers attention span, not necessarily just stretching out a sub.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Research shows that some people never get to watching shows when they are dumped because 'they can just watch it later'.

The goal is retention of the subscribers attention span, not necessarily just stretching out a sub.
    I'm sure they've done plenty of research to show that people like me shouldn't be their target audience vs folks who want a steady, smaller, diet. By way of contrast, I get Netflix once or twice a year and catch up on what I want to watch, but sometimes it's on a free month even, so obviously their plan doesn't work well in getting money from me either. Honestly, I think they're both more geared towards "forgetting you're subscribed" and "having enough stuff that you might watch that you don't feel bad you forgot to unsubscribe". Plus the "digital water cooler" feeling now, gotta talk about the reveals as they happen rather than seeing it months later.

But, I'm off topic, so I'll comment more when I see F&WS. It might be 2022 though, at my current rate.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I'm just here to say "fuck John Walker."

That asshole will never be Steve Rogers and wasn't fit to carry the shield since the start of the show.

(and yes, I'm caught up to the most recent episode and how it ended, but I hated the dude since the start)

Penultimate episode tonight. Do we get a Sharon as the Power Broker reveal? I can’t fucking wait.

Penultimate episode tonight. Do we get a Sharon as the Power Broker reveal? I can’t fucking wait.
    I mean, I know I came out hard on that front early on.

She might not be. She might be an agent running a deep cover operation against the Power Broker. She might be trying to unseat the Power Broker for her own reasons.

I just know she's lying out her ass about her story to Sam and Bucky. Not one bit of it makes a lick of sense. She can't call her dad on the phone, from Majipoor? There's no extradition and as long as she's not revealing anything, there's fuck-all the US government could do to her even if they were tapping his lines. Not to mention she had SUPER easy access to observation and tracking satellites for a supposed art thief.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, I know I came out hard on that front early on.

She might not be. She might be an agent running a deep cover operation against the Power Broker. She might be trying to unseat the Power Broker for her own reasons.

I just know she's lying out her ass about her story to Sam and Bucky. Not one bit of it makes a lick of sense. She can't call her dad on the phone, from Majipoor? There's no extradition and as long as she's not revealing anything, there's fuck-all the US government could do to her even if they were tapping his lines. Not to mention she had SUPER easy access to observation and tracking satellites for a supposed art thief.
    Could always be Zemo. Maybe the mask is his “Power Broker” mask.

Could always be Zemo. Maybe the mask is his “Power Broker” mask.
    It could absolutely be Zemo. Someone linked a vid by a youtuber (Nando v. movies, maybe?) from back around Civil War times, pointing out that even THAT film strongly implies Sharon's working for/with Zemo.

It could absolutely be Zemo. Someone linked a vid by a youtuber (Nando v. movies, maybe?) from back around Civil War times, pointing out that even THAT film strongly implies Sharon's working for/with Zemo.
    Lots of little hints that it could be him. Including his ongoing connections and wealth.

I wouldn't even say Walker is, at heart, truly a "bad man".

He's a weak man. He lacks self-esteem. And he has poor control over his emotions. That weakness leads to him being easily driven to lash out and do terrible things, as we see here.
    I mean even Tony Stark had his moments of weakness with creating Ultron or going apeshit in Civil War. I kind of see John as a 'What if Stark used the Super Serum' kind of character. The good guy prone to moments of weakness and bad decisions, who isn't being fully responsible for his actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

Why would Zemo being funding the creation of super soldier serum when his entire M.O. is destroying them?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Why would Zemo being funding the creation of super soldier serum when his entire M.O. is destroying them?
    He wouldn't.

I think we know for sure that Sharon is lying about basically everything. That leaves basically two possible reasons;

1> She's always been working for/with Zemo. She's in Majipoor because the Power Broker is trying to make that new serum. The art theft stuff is just funding/cover.

2> She is the Power Broker, and is way more amoral than presented, though probably not actively malicious. She isn't working with Zemo at all.

There's also the possibility of just vague dishonesty that doesn't mean anything, which would just be bad writing for no reason since it wouldn't create a reason for the complicated cover story.

I'm honestly leaning a bit more towards #1 at this point, but #2 is the "easier" answer, and Wandavision went with the easier answers in most cases so I'm not expecting the bigger mindfuck that is #1. Though I'm open to being pleasantly surprised.

Seems very strange to have an episode like this be the second-to-last one. The pacing just feels off.

Don’t forget to stick around for the mid-credits scene.

Scarab Lord
    I suggested that after last week's episode. I am still leaning towards that possibility... we know she got Batroc out after the events of Winter Soldier so yeah something is going on there. She seemed to be using him for something; Sharon said that he owed her one, so maybe giving the Flag Smashers fake explosives or whatever is his good deed for the day?