Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, what really turned him was Banner’s blood though. Took him from a sweaty mess to an Abomination.
    Yeah, before that though he was still a full-on Super Soldier.

He was some kind of super soldier, not sure he was on the same level as Isaiah even considering how poorly he was responding to it though.
    We don't really have any metrics on Isaiah to say how Blonsky compared.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    that, and the end fight scene where the lady kicks "battle star" into a pillar and I guess kills him? everyone just stops fighting to look on with mild concern when they were JUST trying to stab one another. "all fun and games till you kick a guy into a pillar."
    That was definitely weird af.

I read that as the fact they wanted to kill Captain, for the symbol, but they didn't want to kill "random guys". But that's still weird as they've already killed people in previous episodes so it's hard to think they'd feel some grief for killing random Captain America friend #1

Things don't look so good for Disney+, interest in this show is fluctuating and only a fraction of WandaVision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb0cKvstOak

IMO this has several reasons:
    1. WandaVision left so much open for speculation. FatWS does not. It was very predictable from the start: Sam gives away shield, new Cap is presented, new Cap is an ass, Sam regrets, Sam gets shield back, Sam is new Cap.
    2. WandaVision did not make good on all those speculations and red herrings they threw at the fans. Fans are a tid bit miffed and lose interest, so less watch FatWS
    3. Less interest in general on two side-kicks.
    4. Awful political commentary. In a world where politics is everywhere people want some entertainment free of that. The MCU usually did that, part of why it was so popular. But not this show, and people just stopped watching.
    Love him or hate him, Overlord DVD got some info about how it hurt the show:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay6tnWMaz_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    No, Super Soldiers in the MCU are NOT above the human spectrum. They are merely the peak of human potential. They aren't beyond it. Essentially, you are mad that your assumption you made isn't true. The comics don't matter when the movies explain this to you clearly.
    This is definitely not the case as presented in the MCU. Captain America's kicked a truck at a person, grabbed a jet engine and pulled it back down onto the ground, and apparently sled-drilled a 60 ton bulldozer. I think they just make it up as they go along. I think that's fine as long as they're just doing the same KINDS of things and it doesn't go into the realm of just things happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Things don't look so good for Disney+, interest in this show is fluctuating and only a fraction of WandaVision.

4. Awful political commentary. In a world where politics is everywhere people want some entertainment free of that. The MCU usually did that, part of why it was so popular. But not this show, and people just stopped watching.
    No it didn't. If you're thinking that, it just went over your head.

You just cited two creators who only create clickbait garbage, and then their comment sections, on initial glance, seem to all be about "Free Gina Carano."

I'm sorry, but that discounts the validity of your criticism. I couldn't make it more than 30 seconds into the video, so I can't imagine he shows any proof of the lower numbers, especially when his video title is a question: "The Falcon and The Winter Soldier is NOT as Popular As Disney Says It Is?!"

Hint: when you ask a question in the title of an article or commentary - you're pushing an answer already, and it's probably false.

I've been enjoying this so far, but what is it, episode 5? had some real head scratching moments in it. the scene where Sam is first visiting the refugee center he talks to the teacher guy and he goes "we're international refugees, but we don't trust outsiders." what??? I guess that makes sense when talking to an American but just hearing that made me do a double take. that, and the end fight scene where the lady kicks "battle star" into a pillar and I guess kills him? everyone just stops fighting to look on with mild concern when they were JUST trying to stab one another. "all fun and games till you kick a guy into a pillar."
    That's honestly pretty realistic, speaking from personal experience. I've worked at a bunch of nightclubs, and I've seen it more than once where person a hits person b with a bottle, and then is shocked at seeing person b get hit with a bottle.

10+ Year Old Account

1. WandaVision left so much open for speculation. FatWS does not. It was very predictable from the start: Sam gives away shield, new Cap is presented, new Cap is an ass, Sam regrets, Sam gets shield back, Sam is new Cap.
    2. WandaVision did not make good on all those speculations and red herrings they threw at the fans. Fans are a tid bit miffed and lose interest, so less watch FatWS
    So no actual numbers, just two anecdotal videos from channels that love to comment on manufactured drama?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Steven literally hold a fucking helicopter with his barehands

The guy from the hulk movie had all his bones broken and was fine sometime later

they are running faster than cars

are you fucking serous trying to say those things are "peak of human potential"? they are literally beyond human potential like red skull said.
    Yes, cars can move slower than 40 mph which is Steve sprint level.

There is a healing factor of the serum that was given to Blonsky which was made from the attempted recreation of the serum that Banner made.

Here is a man pulling a plane: So what's your point?

It is peak human potential. Not peak what humans can do at this current time. This is what you aren't getting.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Awesome that you're a DM, hope you don't mind a couple questions since it's been over a decade since I even held a set of dice. There are a bunch of different rulesets you can use while playing D&D right? Including using homebrew rules? How does providing one without racial restrictions impact the ability to play by the original 5e(or w/e) rules? Doesn't the DM usually set the rules with input from their players before a campaign begins?
    Every edition of the game since 3rd Edition has obliterated racial restrictions. The only racial restrictions are those added as homebrew rules by a DM at their own table for the last 20 or so years, not including those using older editions.

It's had zero negative impact. It's had all the positive impact, most notably increasing diversity of characters.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The scene in the movie that Captain America stops the helicopter involves an Airbus AS350 3,000 lbs lifting capacity. He pretty much does it with a bicep curl. The world record is 249 pounds for this. Even if it was 300lbs. Captain America would be able to do a bicep curl by a factor of 100 times greater than a world record of 300 pounds.

Pulling trains is generally done with arms and legs. You have to overcome static friction. Keeping it going just requires overcoming kinetic friction with is generally easier. Even though you see trains running with 5-6 locomotives once they get underway they shut off between 2-3 to save fuel as they are no longer needed.

Except he is pulling, his feet are planted and the arm that is curling is the one on building, not the one holding the chopper and we don't know how much his bicep curled as the angle changes and he is leaning over that arm, and how much he is just holding the helicopter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    This is definitely not the case as presented in the MCU. Captain America's kicked a truck at a person, grabbed a jet engine and pulled it back down onto the ground, and apparently sled-drilled a 60 ton bulldozer. I think they just make it up as they go along. I think that's fine as long as they're just doing the same KINDS of things and it doesn't go into the realm of just things happening.
    If you are talking about the truck at the start of Civil War, it doesn't even go one car width to hit the guy. That isn't that impressive as you are making it. People are capable of doing that to cars, the only difference is Cap used his legs rather than slamming full body into it. It isn't beyond human potential, especially when talking about the MCU as a whole.

When did he "pull down" a jet engine? I recall the helicopter, but he didn't really pull it down.

As for the dozer, it questionable if that counts as canon as that feat is referenced in Agents of SHIELD, not the movies.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Don't forget the most obvious - neither are particularly exciting characters. Yes, they're well written and all that, but they're just regular people. Wandavision meanwhile, had two of the more interesting Avengers - Wanda, with her magic and mind powers, and Vision, with all of his cybernetic shenanigans.

"Stop politicizing everything!!!"
    ~useless morons who exist solely to whine about duh culture war:

Get lost with this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "Stop politicizing everything!!!"
    ~useless morons who exist solely to whine about duh culture war:

Get lost with this bullshit.
    Hahahah, oh lord - it's always so funny (and yet so sad) to see how hypocritical and blind most of the right-wing grifters are. Moreso just embarrassing actually.

Rules for thee but not for me etc

Yes, cars can move slower than 40 mph which is Steve sprint level.

There is a healing factor of the serum that was given to Blonsky which was made from the attempted recreation of the serum that Banner made.

Here is a man pulling a plane: So what's your point?

It is peak human potential. Not peak what humans can do at this current time. This is what you aren't getting.
    You do realize that plane has wheels right?

According to :https://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-...er-130497.html
    he would have to be 10 times stronger than the strongest normal humans. Thats Hercules levels of strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    That's honestly pretty realistic, speaking from personal experience. I've worked at a bunch of nightclubs, and I've seen it more than once where person a hits person b with a bottle, and then is shocked at seeing person b get hit with a bottle.
    oh yes, I can see that happening in a scenario where you don't have the intention of killing or seriously hurting someone. but in the context of the show and that particular scene it was just a bit jarring is all.

If you are talking about the truck at the start of Civil War, it doesn't even go one car width to hit the guy. That isn't that impressive as you are making it. People are capable of doing that to cars, the only difference is Cap used his legs rather than slamming full body into it. It isn't beyond human potential, especially when talking about the MCU as a whole.
    Casually kicking a car with one leg by one good meter is totally normal

Well anyway, Super Soldiers are just dedicated crossfitters, we got it. One strongman pulling a (mockup) plane on its wheels, without brakes on, after pulling insane levels of efforts, does not mean he is at "Super Soldier" level. That seems obvious Super soldiers are above that, even if "slightly" (but definitely not). You can pull how many videos from Youtube you want, but all movies clearly show Super Soldiers are way above that every time they do something.

Only Falcon and Winter Soldier's version of Super Soldier seems to have Bucky nerfed to the ground, maybe because of mental aspects, we don't know (yet?), even if he seemed to be back on tracks when facing other super soldiers.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2021-04-20 at 01:41 PM.

isn't Captain America: the winter soldier not considered one of the best MCU movies? and that one is easily one of the most political in its parallels to the real world?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    isn't Captain America: the winter soldier not considered one of the best MCU movies? and that one is easily one of the most political in its parallels to the real world?
    Almost all the good ones are political, Ironman black panther, the first two avengers, ect. It’s harder to find good MCU movies that aren’t political in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because empty escapism is pointless faff, and audiences recognize that.

All fiction explores the human condition. That's the purpose of fiction, if one can be said to exist. It's true of ancient mythology, and it's true of modern storytelling. And the human condition is pretty much inevitably tied to political factors, because those humans exist within a society. That society, by virtue of its fictional representation, will inevitably be a commentary on some real society in some way or another. This applies to basically everything. Some films have a more obvious point to their politics, but they all have politics.

If you want empty escapism, you're gonna have to stop with something like Teletubbies. Once you graduate to Sesame Street or Mr. Rogers Neighbourhood, you're getting political messaging.