Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Point of order, her previous position was with the CIA. It’s how she knew to recruit Nagel after the blip.

- - - Updated - - -

Sharon works for the CIA.
    Point of order, the term "Previous Position" can refer to any previous position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Point of order, her previous position was with the CIA. It’s how she knew to recruit Nagel after the blip.

- - - Updated - - -

Sharon works for the CIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Point of order, the term "Previous Position" can refer to any previous position.
    Yeah, that.

Also, she clearly doesn't work for the CIA, and hasn't since she engaged in treason during Civil War. If she were undercover and the treason/lack of pardon was a cover, there would have been no big "here's your pardon" ceremony, because the disavowal would have never been real in the first place. That scene, where she was granted her pardon, is pretty darn concrete confirmation that she really was dropped by the US government completely in the aftermath of Civil War, disavowed and a wanted traitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    It CAN, but usually it would be used to refer to the job that person had before they lost it.

- - - Updated - - -

She JUST accepted her previous position. The last one she had before going on the run after the events of CW. You know, the CIA job. Since we have no indication there’s a new SHIELD post-blip. If there were why would Woo still be FBI?
    I mean, she's clearly talking about stealing "prototype weapons" and the like. Not really CIA territory, usually. I'll grant that SHIELD's potentially over, but SWORD is clearly around, and who knows what other shadowy alphabet agencies are in the mix.

Also, they didn't offer her back her old job. They said her prior agency might even have openings she could seek out. Not really the same thing; she may use her connections to get herself into a more lucrative position from here.

But my central point remains; the US government has repeatedly and nearly without exception done the wrong thing. They supported Hydra's survival and reconstruction within SHIELD, even if unaware. They supported the Sokovia Accords, which were authoritarian abuses of human rights. They're the ones who disavowed Carter and left her out to dry. And in this particular show, were the ones who experimented on Bradley and his fellow soldiers like animals, and who tried to repeat the same failures of the '40s by selecting Walker to be Captain America.

The only real positive action by the US government in the entire MCU was letting Nick Fury create the Avengers. And that's more down to Fury, since he didn't exactly get a ton of support for the project until after he'd proven it a success in their first real outing.

The US government, in the MCU, is more generally on the side of the villains of these stories. Hell, just look at the Iron Man villains, the primary ones at least; Stane, Hammer, and Killian. All three are tech moguls, all three are working on government weapons contracts (at least, I definitely know Stane and Hammer were), and Tony's big origin moment was his recognition of the harm his collaborations with the US government had wreaked.

This show was the first time the anti-US-government subthread has really become a primary thread, but it's a thread that's been deeply woven through almost all the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Read some shenanigans saying that Sharon was maybe talking with someone on Oscorp, that would explain the green smoke gadget they used on the guys and the "biological weapon" she used to kill the guy in the truck/car, the gadget that took so many punches from Bucky could be a reference to dr. octopus.

Are you just parroting that now? based on the fucking movie, the 2008 movie, we are basing on that, the hulk in 2008 was stronger than the other versions of hulk, period.

If you ask one more time "based on what" im gonna start assuming you are trolling

- - - Updated - - -

i always assumed he and others would have the super soldier powers, by being a descendant of a super soldier, cause you know, technically he does have the super soldier genes and blood on then already
    Nah, in the comics, he tries to play like he does have the serum in him until it's revealed he doesn't when he gets his ass handed to him. Then he eventually gets the serum via blood transfusion with his grandfather. Apparently it doesn't pass on unless I'm mistaken by any other person who has a serum and have children.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Nah, in the comics, he tries to play like he does have the serum in him until it's revealed he doesn't when he gets his ass handed to him. Then he eventually gets the serum via blood transfusion with his grandfather. Apparently it doesn't pass on unless I'm mistaken by any other person who has a serum and have children.
    In the Ultimates universe the serum passed on to children, the Ultimate Red Skull was the son of Steve Rogers.