Thread: Name this movie

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Name this movie

Where to begin, I know I could easily be incorrectly remembering these details but here goes nothing. It had to be released in the 80's, pretty sure it took place in the future, I think it had a futuristic scifi technoy Tank-Girl vibe to it, all I remember were 2 people fighting either underground or above ground in a building with lots of bars going various directions, there might have been some type of pit underneath, I want to say their weapons were like some neon colored glowing slap on straps that were popular in the 90's but I could entirely be wrong. I think there was an audience for the fight,

I remember absolutely no dialogue.

I'm actually offering a reward for someone that can figure out what this is.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

More details on the weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    More details on the weapons.
    It sounds ridiculous but I remember their weapons being something like a glowing form of these, but the memory could be entirely false since I think I watched it when I was 9.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped....480p.vp9.webm
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the 'fortress' movies?
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

That...slap bracelet type of weapon isn't something that's coming up.

Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome?

"When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Blade Runner was my first gut instinctual response, but I don't remember the weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Those were blaster/gun type weapons...(Logan's Run/Blade Runner)

Neon-colored weapons sounds like it could be the jai alai scene in Tron from 1982.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's none of these, although Arena had the right vibe/look.

The slap-on weapon could definitely not be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Arena? 1989 one
    Yours had the closest vibe/look from what I remember, but it's not it
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2021-04-28 at 03:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, do you remember if there were any aliens/monsters/creatures, etc?
    Almost certain it was two humans fighting and there were no creatures in the area, but I could be wrong about there not being creatures in the area.

Spaceballs ?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I assume you are referring to a B movie. The description is too light to pin it down, but here are a few possibilities from that era (out of many dozens):

Gunhed
    Beyond The Rising Moon
    Neon City
    Timerider

Heck, from your description, it could even be Big Trouble in Little China

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might help to narrow down years - you said you watched it 'about 9 years old' - so maybe a range of years in that area? I know it may not help the 'it was made in the 80s' idea, but still, knowing you were watching it anywhere from 1994-1997 vs. 2007-2011 might help to narrow it down?

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions that haven't been already suggested.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Spaceballs ?
    Haha no.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The entire movie was an arena fight? No other details?
    I have no idea, I know this isn't much info to go on. I'm almost certain it was a match of some type, but I don't think the movie was nothing but that.

No one forgets Spaceballs. No one.
    Funny story, I literally grew up thinking Spaceballs was a lost Star Wars movie so I kept bugging my dad about the 'other' Star Wars movie and when we finally watched Star Wars again I was anticipating a battle where they get their lightsabers intertwined.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The Running Man? I’d think you’d remember arnold though...
    Haha that's not it.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I assume you are referring to a B movie. The description is too light to pin it down, but here are a few possibilities from that era (out of many dozens):

Gunhed
    Beyond The Rising Moon
    Neon City
    Timerider

Heck, from your description, it could even be Big Trouble in Little China
    None of those, I may have overplayed the neon technoy tank-girl vibe. Neon City and Timerider look like neat movies, I'm going to have to watch those.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Might help to narrow down years - you said you watched it 'about 9 years old' - so maybe a range of years in that area? I know it may not help the 'it was made in the 80s' idea, but still, knowing you were watching it anywhere from 1994-1997 vs. 2007-2011 might help to narrow it down?

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions that haven't been already suggested.
    I had to of watched it between 1991 and 1996

10+ Year Old Account
    do you remember if it is a US movie, maybe UK? for some reason i'm thinking Split Second w/ Rutger Hauer if someone hasn't mentioned it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Just to throw them out there:

I Come In Peace
    Turbo Kid
    ??
    Neither of those

Quote Originally Posted by sirmixalot View Post
    do you remember if it is a US movie, maybe UK? for some reason i'm thinking Split Second w/ Rutger Hauer if someone hasn't mentioned it.
    That's not it, but I'm def going to check that out as I'm a fan of him

10+ Year Old Account
    Solar Babies is my best guess.

Arenas: check
    Bars n things: check
    Above ground or underground or in a pit: ambigiuous enough for me
    80s or maybe 90s: It has Jason Patrick
    80s or maybe 90s: It has Jamie Gertz
    Dialog: Totally forgettable: check!
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2021-04-28 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Where to begin, I know I could easily be incorrectly remembering these details but here goes nothing. It had to be released in the 80's, pretty sure it took place in the future, I think it had a futuristic scifi technoy Tank-Girl vibe to it, all I remember were 2 people fighting either underground or above ground in a building with lots of bars going various directions, there might have been some type of pit underneath, I want to say their weapons were like some neon colored glowing slap on straps that were popular in the 90's but I could entirely be wrong. I think there was an audience for the fight,

I remember absolutely no dialogue.

I'm actually offering a reward for someone that can figure out what this is.
    mad max beyond thunderdome?
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Earth Star Voyager?

Last edited by ohiostate124; 2021-04-28 at 08:13 PM.