Page 1 of 61
... LastLast

{TV} The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

After the events of Avengers: Endgame, Bucky Barnes and Sam Wilson team up against enemies that are sent to battle across the world.

WandaVision is over as of March 5th. In a few days from now, the show will begin on the 19th. What are your expectations?
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2021-03-15 at 07:30 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    What are your expectations?
    Based on everything I’ve seen from the previews, who’s involved, how good WandaVision has been and how much money they’re spending, high.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

5+ Year Old Account
    Was never a fan of bucky. Even more boring than arrow guy.
    Also, bucky sounds like a name for the family pooch..

Like the actor more than the character that plays falcon.

Still, show seems to have high production value, so ill torrent 1st episode at least..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-03-05 at 10:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the chemistry between Mackie and Stan, and I look forward to seeing Zemo in costume.

I wonder if the show will tease what VanCamp's Sharon thinks about Steve going back in time to bang her aunt.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    After the events of Avengers: Endgame, Bucky Barnes and Sam Wilson team up against enemies that are sent to battle across the world.

WandaVision is over as of March 5th. In a week and a half from now, the show will begin on the 19th. What are your expectations?
    Point of order...A week is 7 days. March 5 to March 19 is 14 days. That's 2 weeks....not a week and a half.

And I'm expecting kind of a Buddy Cop Action Series. Tango and Cash but with Superheroes.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Trailer looked pretty good, but I’m not a fan of Falcon, as I find his character extremely boring and useless. I’ll still give it a go though—maybe they can make him more interesting.
    Probably because he hasn't gotten much exposure. Don't worry remember Falcon is also now Cap. America!!!!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its gonna be a rehash of every single buddy cop movie from the 80s and 90s and marvel acolyte's will act like its the most innovative piece of television since black and white switch to color because Falcon takes on the shield and says a one liner.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I never really liked that idea, as Falcon doesn’t have any superhero abilities/strengths like Captain America did. He’s just a normal guy in suit, which is okay, of course, cause we have heroes like Iron Man that are the same, but I’d like to see Captain America remain a superhero with actual abilities. That’s why I was hoping it would have been Bucky (Winter Soldier) that took on the role.

And looking at the trailer, it kinda seemed like they both were going to do that... so I’m not sure who officially will be the new Captain America, unless they already announced it?

- - - Updated - - -

I’m just now remembering that Captain America gave Falcon his shield at the end of Endgame, so maybe it is official. Bleh.
    It's already been confirmed that U.S Agent aka John Walker is being portrayed by Wyatt Russell (Kurt Russell's kid). In the comics, John Walker takes over the role of Captain America and he's a Super Soldier like Steve.

I'm so looking forward to this, Bucky has been one of my favourite characters in the MCU so far and I really liked the way they portrayed Falcon too, as a humorous, kindhearted man with a deep running sense of duty with exactly the character traits that Dr. Erskine was looking for in a Captain America when he chose Steve. At least that was the vibes I got from the character in the movies he was in. I don't know if they'll give him his bird-talking powers in the MCU, but I'd really like to see that too ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst two heroes in Marvel combined... (only slightly beating black widow) pretty sure they could remove falcon entirely and it wouldn't have effected anything.

Winter Soldier was just a plot point to get Captain America to make a move or to instigate conflict between Captain America and Ironman.

Not sure the reason for this to follow Wandavision considering both Wanda and Vision have significantly more power and are able to handle much bigger threats than two heroes that can pretty much just punch and shoot....Looking forward to Loki though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Not sure the reason for this to follow Wandavision considering both Wanda and Vision have significantly more power and are able to handle much bigger threats than two heroes that can pretty much just punch and shoot...
    This sentence makes my head hurt.

It follows WandaVision because that's how time works. I'm pretty sure it was originally planned to be released before WandaVision, around the same time the Black Widow movie was supposed to come out anyway. But...you know...pesky reality got in the way again.

What does the existence of those two powerful characters have to do with whatever story they're planning on telling with these? By that logic, they should never make a Batman movie...or comic...or tv show ever again because Superman exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one am excited to see Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes come from under the spotlight of Capt. I figure it would will play something like Wandavision where we they add depth to characters who supported the others in the movies.

I always liked the heroes associated with Captain America. They are characters with their own sense of integrity that goes beyond their celebrity or ties to SHIELD - see Civil War.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This sentence makes my head hurt.

It follows WandaVision because that's how time works. I'm pretty sure it was originally planned to be released before WandaVision, around the same time the Black Widow movie was supposed to come out anyway. But...you know...pesky reality got in the way again.

What does the existence of those two powerful characters have to do with whatever story they're planning on telling with these? By that logic, they should never make a Batman movie...or comic...or tv show ever again because Superman exists.
    Also, no Ironman. He's just a human, who cares about him

/s ... in case that wasn't obvious.

Though I do understand where people are coming from, who only want to see the real superhero action with flashy lights and explosions, people flying and so on. It is a cool thing to fantazise about and see it realized on screen. I love that stuff too, I only happen to also like the more grounded stuff and seeing normal people get smart with their limited ressources. I also really like spy-stories, which is a lot better to do with 'normal' people.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Worst two heroes in Marvel combined... (only slightly beating black widow) pretty sure they could remove falcon entirely and it wouldn't have effected anything.

Winter Soldier was just a plot point to get Captain America to make a move or to instigate conflict between Captain America and Ironman.

Not sure the reason for this to follow Wandavision considering both Wanda and Vision have significantly more power and are able to handle much bigger threats than two heroes that can pretty much just punch and shoot....Looking forward to Loki though.
    Your post reminded me of all those hallway fights in the Marvel Netflix mashups...except without the shooting part. "Lets team up this guy who punches hard with 3 other folks who punch hard. Well, that may get repetitive, so lets make this one also kick."

I guess some folks like that kind of stuff, but it gets boring/repetitive after a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Though I do understand where people are coming from, who only want to see the real superhero action with flashy lights and explosions, people flying and so on. It is a cool thing to fantazise about and see it realized on screen. I love that stuff too, I only happen to also like the more grounded stuff and seeing normal people get smart with their limited ressources. I also really like spy-stories, which is a lot better to do with 'normal' people.
    I enjoy watching movies with normal people doing the more normal limited resources, type stuff - however that often comes with a lot of ingenuity and using devices, creating devices, or thinking through problems (I would think Batman & Ironman fit into that role). When it's just punching, 'cause our superpower is to punch hard, there's not a lot you can do with that.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Your post reminded me of all those hallway fights in the Marvel Netflix mashups...except without the shooting part. "Lets team up this guy who punches hard with 3 other folks who punch hard. Well, that may get repetitive, so lets make this one also kick."

I guess some folks like that kind of stuff, but it gets boring/repetitive after a while.

- - - Updated - - -

I enjoy watching movies with normal people doing the more normal limited resources, type stuff - however that often comes with a lot of ingenuity and using devices, creating devices, or thinking through problems (I would think Batman & Ironman fit into that role). When it's just punching, 'cause our superpower is to punch hard, there's not a lot you can do with that.
    That's true of course, but it also depends on how the punching is done, kind of. There's so many really fun to watch martial arts films and they mostly consist of punching your way through the plot too
    For the most part I have so far also liked what Marvel did with the characterization of their superheroes. Like.. what are they thinking about their own power, how do they deal with failure when everyone and everything tells them they shouldn't fail at all. And I do think that is something that can be shown a lot better if there are 'normal' people around that they can relate to. Ideally of course by making both superheroes and normals more interesting.

the characters themselves haven't been very interesting in the MCU so far, but I'll give the show a chance and see if they can fix that. WandaVision was a lot more fun than I expected and proved that a miniseries can tie in well with the movies

Yeah, US Agent was appointed by the government to be the "next" Cap. The actual Cap wanted Sam. It's for each of us to decide which entity gets to bestow the title to the next one.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I liked what I saw of the trailers. Sam Wilson as Captain America has always been interesting but executed really poorly in the comics (with the exception of Secret Empire).

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this start Friday, 3/19/21 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes, although it would have been faster for you to google the answer...
    I did, but it returned a lot of results like: "early episode 1 reviews", so I was wondering if they did a sneaky weekend release or something.