Poll: Who's Team

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Pizza Hut Vs Bolsheviks

For some reason, this old commercial is trending. It really does have a claim to be the most bizarre and amazing advertisement in television history.

By the late 90s, Gorbachev was a typical Russian–he needed money in a post-communist society that had not treated him very well.
    Is selling out to Pizza Hut a complete and total capitulation to the West?

Maybe the reason why Gorbachev is a tremendously unpopular figure in Russia 30 years after the fall of communism. He’s seen as a massive failure. And let’s also remember, while Gorbachev did a lot of good things as premier, it was all to save the communist system that he very strongly believed in.

Also worth remembering. The time that Pepsi had the World's Sixth Largest Navy.
    In exchange for Pepsi's soft drinks, the Soviets offered them a veritable Navy. Pepsi agreed to the deal, taking possession of a Soviet cruiser, a frigate, a destroyer, 17 submarines, and a handful of oil tankers.

The old man noted the problems, they were promptly ignored and he went along with them, and what was the outcome for the soviet countries, and "all to save the communist system he strongly believed in" ... you can't be serious.

5+ Year Old Account
    uh...what is this?

pizza n communism? seriously?..

Poll makes no sense.

Team Gorbachev is on Team Pizza Hut
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2021-03-05 at 05:31 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Poll makes no sense.

Team Gorbachev is on Team Pizza Hut
    I didnt consider that it was Pepsi all along. Shoulda known... when the MMFU Pyotr Velikiy was renamed the PNF Crystal Pepsi.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Gorbachev is hated today for being the leader that let the Soviet Union die, which a majority of Russians did not want to do. More over after basically surroundings a lot of land without a single shot to hated enemies and paving the way for Yeltsen (An actual CIA installed puppet) to let various oligarchs rape the country, yeah, I can see why Gorbachev is not well liked today.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2021-03-06 at 05:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Gorbachev is hated today for being the leader that let the Soviet Union die, which a majority of Russians did not want to do. More over after basically surroundings a lot of land without a single shot to hated enemies and paving the way for Yeltsen (An actual CIA installed puppet) to let various oligarchs rape the country, yeah, I can see why Gorbachev is not well liked today.
    This is an interesting take on Russia... not reflecting of reality... but, interesting none the less. Only Putinistas complain about the end of Russian imperialism.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    The Soviet Union was red and pizza sauce is red. Coincidence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    The Soviet Union was red and pizza sauce is red. Coincidence?
    Yeah, the American flag is just a pizza recipe... you got the red sauce, the white cheese and... what’s blue and goes on pizza? South Sandwich Islands, predictably, have 4 toppings on their flag.

Edit: Do not give me shit for saying a seal, a lion, a penguins and a deer are pizza topics... don’t knock it ‘till you try it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This is an interesting take on Russia... not reflecting of reality... but, interesting none the less. Only Putinistas complain about the end of Russian imperialism.
    I'd think plenty of ethnic Russians probably complained. The parade of Russian maids who raised me all seemed to prefer communism to having to leave their country to find any work because "at least back then they had food and healthcare"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araevin View Post
    I'd think plenty of ethnic Russians probably complained. The parade of Russian maids who raised me all seemed to prefer communism to having to leave their country to find any work because "at least back then they had food and healthcare"
    Did you ever happen to ask those old ladies, how they got here?

I’m from USSR... we gained independence from Russian imperialism, after I left... 30 years later, Russia is still trying to steal land from independent Ukraine. Seeing as how there were plenty of Russians that were able to afford industry that became sold to the public, at the fall of communism. It’s important to ask how they gained entry to US... before understanding what they are actually reminiscing about...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-03-09 at 01:51 PM.

I’m from USSR... we gained independence from Russian imperialism, after I left... 30 years later, Russia is still trying to steal land from independent Ukraine. Seeing as how there were plenty of Russians that were able to afford industry that became sold to the public, at the fall of communism. It’s important to ask how they gained entry to US... before understanding what they are actually reminiscing about...
    Not from the US. Most of them came to Greece because of repatriation laws that allowed citizenship for anyone who could prove any tenuous relation to Greeks (many Greeks fled the Pontic Genocide to the USSR and some of them did not return for decades/got naturalized there). Of the five Russian maids we had while I was growing up, only one identified as of pontic descent (regardless of what they had to say to get here); all the others considered themselves Russian.
    Absolutely certain that for almost all the people who lived in the many peripheral areas of the USSR life was absolute crap. But for the few who lived in the larger cities of Russia, they did seem to at least have food, education and healthcare, things they could not get after the fall. Again, I was talking about ethnic Russians, not Ukrainians or the many people (Baltics, Western Slavs, many others in central Asia) that were essentially under Russian control with not even those basic perks. Those likely all have no fond memories of communism and rightfully so. Just saying, some few people, do miss it. Could be they are misguided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araevin View Post
    Again, I was talking about ethnic Russians, not Ukrainians or the many people (Baltics, Western Slavs, many others in central Asia) that were essentially under Russian control with not even those basic perks. Those likely all have no fond memories of communism and rightfully so. Just saying, some few people, do miss it. Could be they are misguided.
    I’m from Kiev, which was the capital of Russia, before Moscow... what the fuck are you talking about?

Edit: After Holomodor, you need to go south for the worst treatment by USSR...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrek
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-03-09 at 02:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

So many tankies overlook the massive colonialism efforts that happened within the USSR. Pretty much as awful as Western Colonialism.

Pizza Hut colonialism seems pretty tame in comparison.

Trump also had a Pizza Hut Commercial.

I guess that only must confirm a new crazed conspiracy Pizza-RussiaGate? It was decades of Russian indoctrination with the help from the Pizza Chain with a Red Roof. Bat shit crazy?? Sure, but I've seen crazier on here the past few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Trump also had a Pizza Hut Commercial.

I guess that only must confirm a new crazed conspiracy Pizza-RussiaGate? It was decades of Russian indoctrination with the help from the Pizza Chain with a Red Roof. Bat shit crazy?? Sure, but I've seen crazier on here the past few years.
    Dude... you and Trump are like the only people who talk about PizzaGate... Trump got all the people busted out with pardons...

Nice attempt at a joke though... have you heard of comet pizza? You know... we do have members of government that believe in pizza place conspiracy... your joke isn’t as good as reality... the dude that shot the pizza place up, due to conspiracy theories, was recently released from jail.

Let me guess... Candice Owens sent you with her BluAnon? You think that’s going to work as well as walkaway or worse? I think worse...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-03-10 at 02:43 AM.

Dude... you and Trump are like the only people who talk about PizzaGate... Trump got all the people busted out with pardons...

Nice attempt at a joke though... have you heard of comet pizza? You know... we do have members of government that believe in pizza place conspiracy... your joke isn’t as good as reality... the dude that shot the pizza place up, due to conspiracy theories, was recently released from jail.

Let me guess... Candice Owens sent you with her BluAnon? You think that’s going to work as well as walkaway or worse? I think worse...
    lol. It's hilarious you people still like to paint me as some right wing extremist. Must be pretty easy to label those you disagree as TFGs, and makes things simple for you.

10+ Year Old Account

Then there's the insinuation that Trump is a Bolshevik.

That's basically stealing the words right out of Tucker Carlson's mouth.

Does a person like that watch more Fox News than Joe Rogan, or more Rogan than Tucker Carlson?

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Then there's the insinuation that Trump is a Bolshevik.

That's basically stealing the words right out of Tucker Carlson's mouth.

Does a person like that watch more Fox News than Joe Rogan, or more Rogan than Tucker Carlson?
    You paint anyone to the left of MSNBC as right wing extremist. So does it really matter?