View Poll Results: Dog person or cat person?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dog person (cute puppy counts too).

45 44.55%
  • Cat person.

56 55.45%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Though, I’m not sure if my cat is just following the gang or if he’s interested in the water. Cause anytime I wash my hands or use the shower, he’s sitting there watching.... creepily.
    Yeah same lol, if I don't leave water in the bathroom sink for my cat she looks at me as if she's been cheated. Her hobby in life is to drink water in every possible place as long as it's not from the cat water bowl.

And she's a killer too when she's outside. I have to get rid of dead vermin and birds laying near the sliding glass door on a daily basis.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-03-06 at 09:48 AM.
    Optimism! (HumanProgress.org)

The fact that your outdoor cat can (and likely will) have several owners is so off-putting, it beats whatever positives I can think of. Like sure, both cats and dogs are opportunistic creatures by nature, but none of the dogs I owned would have chosen a stranger over us. Not for an hour, and certainly not for several days.

Sure, some of our German Sheperds were terrifyingly smart & egoistic, to the point that you really couldn't trust them with anything (especially food), but bonding with strangers for their own gain? Zero chance.

https://www.sciencealert.com/cats-bo...e-than-dogs-do

Just dropping this here...cats have a bonding rate with their humans similar to children with their parents, and at rates above what dogs have shown.

Both are amazing animals.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Cats, dogs are cool too though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Dogs are by nature social
    Cats are by nature sociopaths.

Easy pick.

Although my favorite comparison is:
    -when you give a dog food, water, shelter, love, and affection, it think's you're a god
    -when you give a cat food, water, shelter, love, and affection, it thinks it is a god
    Last I checked, it wasn't cats barking and chasing me on my bike when I was a young kid just trying to go to school. Psychopathic dogs did that, and for a kid who was scared of them, it certainly left an everlasting impression of dogs. So, nah, it's not the cats that are socio/psychopaths. It's dogs all the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

dogs with smiley faces and they also have to be at the top end of medium to large in size.

to paraphrase Ron Swanson - any dog less than 20 kilos is a cat and i hate cats

Both.

It's a mortal sin to choose.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

Cats are for lazy people that don’t want the responsibility that comes with owning a dog. Hence why cats are more popular in the gaming community. A dog requires way more attention. A cat shits in a box and is content being left alone.

I'd prefer a lovely cat over a lovely dog

However I'd prefer a lovely dog over a shitty cat.

I feel like cats are very hit and miss friend of mine treats hers very well and still gets a scrap every now and then.
    Last edited by LarryFromHumanResources; 2021-03-06 at 02:12 PM.
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

Cat person. I like dogs, too, but they are too needy, dependant and submissive to my taste. I like a pet that can keep himself occupied and doesn’t need me for everything. If I wanted that, I’d get a kid.

Both. But if i had to choose i would pick cat for it's independent nature.

Herald of the Titans
    Cats thou That’s mainly due to the amount of effort dogs take to keep them happy/healthy.
    Growing up my parents/siblings decided to adopt two dogs when I was little and it was complete hell for me. I’m the one who had to house break them,feed them,wash them, walk them and clean up any mess they made(trash bags ripped open, barf/shit on the floor, etc) and of course the dogs didn’t care for me since I didn’t spoil them like my siblings.
    Now cats are easy
    feed them, empty the self cleaning litter box once a week and let them cuddle up to you when they feel like it.

Cats are great.

This is mine. Unfortunately he passed away literally several days ago, he was 16 years old, pretty old by cat standards for his breed, got some bug and vet clinic could not do much there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Cats are great.

This is mine. Unfortunately he passed away literally several days ago, he was 16 years old, pretty old by cat standards for his breed, got some bug and vet clinic could not do much there.

My condolences

The cat has some beauty going on (and that cup of espresso as well).

As for me, both are great and I loved my late English Mastiff that was around for a lot of my childhood. As someone who is living in a small apartment though, I've only got cats as the practical option. The two rescues I have atm are just perfect.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Cats are great.

[IMG]snip[/IMG]
    Very sorry for your loss. Day by day <3
    Twitter & DeviantArt
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

Sugar Gliders. My gliders are better than most people.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Kellhound's Avatar
    120lbs of total love vs 15lbs of surliness.... Yeah, dogs win hands down.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Depends on the cat n pooch, i like corgis n friendly cats.

I would never choose a dangerous breed.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-03-06 at 09:35 PM.