Poll: Dog person or cat person?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cats, dogs are cool too though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Dogs are by nature social
    Cats are by nature sociopaths.

Easy pick.

Although my favorite comparison is:
    -when you give a dog food, water, shelter, love, and affection, it think's you're a god
    -when you give a cat food, water, shelter, love, and affection, it thinks it is a god
    Last I checked, it wasn't cats barking and chasing me on my bike when I was a young kid just trying to go to school. Psychopathic dogs did that, and for a kid who was scared of them, it certainly left an everlasting impression of dogs. So, nah, it's not the cats that are socio/psychopaths. It's dogs all the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

dogs with smiley faces and they also have to be at the top end of medium to large in size.

to paraphrase Ron Swanson - any dog less than 20 kilos is a cat and i hate cats

7+ Year Old Account
    Both.

It's a mortal sin to choose.

Formerly known as Arafal

Cats are for lazy people that don’t want the responsibility that comes with owning a dog. Hence why cats are more popular in the gaming community. A dog requires way more attention. A cat shits in a box and is content being left alone.

Cat person. I like dogs, too, but they are too needy, dependant and submissive to my taste. I like a pet that can keep himself occupied and doesn’t need me for everything. If I wanted that, I’d get a kid.

Both. But if i had to choose i would pick cat for it's independent nature.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cats thou That’s mainly due to the amount of effort dogs take to keep them happy/healthy.
    Growing up my parents/siblings decided to adopt two dogs when I was little and it was complete hell for me. I’m the one who had to house break them,feed them,wash them, walk them and clean up any mess they made(trash bags ripped open, barf/shit on the floor, etc) and of course the dogs didn’t care for me since I didn’t spoil them like my siblings.
    Now cats are easy
    feed them, empty the self cleaning litter box once a week and let them cuddle up to you when they feel like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cats are great.

This is mine. Unfortunately he passed away literally several days ago, he was 16 years old, pretty old by cat standards for his breed, got some bug and vet clinic could not do much there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Cats are great.

This is mine. Unfortunately he passed away literally several days ago, he was 16 years old, pretty old by cat standards for his breed, got some bug and vet clinic could not do much there.

My condolences

The cat has some beauty going on (and that cup of espresso as well).

As for me, both are great and I loved my late English Mastiff that was around for a lot of my childhood. As someone who is living in a small apartment though, I've only got cats as the practical option. The two rescues I have atm are just perfect.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Sugar Gliders. My gliders are better than most people.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    120lbs of total love vs 15lbs of surliness.... Yeah, dogs win hands down.

5+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the cat n pooch, i like corgis n friendly cats.

I would never choose a dangerous breed.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-03-06 at 09:35 PM.

I love dogs. I think cats are fine, but I feel about them the same way I feel about children. I will happily play with other people's kids (or cats), but I do not want to have any of my own.

dogs on the other hand... I haven't lived without at least one dog in a house - in decades. I do prefer larger dogs though. nothing against small dogs on principle, I'm just constantly afraid that I can accidentally hurt them cause they are so small.

P.S. on friendliness vs psychopathy. I've met sweethearts and psychos of both cat and dog variety. I've also met incredibly independent dogs, and very needy cuddly cats. so /shrug. mostly my preference for dogs stems from it being generally easier to keep dogs out of things. aint not keeping a cat out of your craft supplies.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2021-03-06 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I grew up with both. I'd say I prefer dogs, but they are also harder to care for.

I prefer cats. I don't hate dogs but I definitely feel more comfortable in the presence of a cat. I own a Maine Coon and she's incredibly intelligent, affectionate and gentle - she can be mischievous at times to be sure but I've always just gotten on well with pretty much every cat that I've encountered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cat, I make sure my house nor myself smells like my cat or a litter box. Meanwhile, a majority of dog owners houses reek of dogs and they themselves smell like it too.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Dogs are too noisy, cats all the way.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Dogs, no contest. I don't mind cats at all, but compared to dogs it's a no brainer. Depends on you as a person, though.