Enh 9.0.5 changes

[All]
    Chain Lightning damage increased by 35%.
    Lightning Shield damage increased by 415%.

[Enhancement}
    Lava Lash damage increased by 40%.
    Stormkeeper (Talent) now increases Chain Lightning by 300% (was 2 Lightning Bolts by 150%).
    Stormbringer can now correctly trigger from Ice Strike (Talent) and Sundering (Talent).
    Fixed an issue where Stormkeeper (Talent) and Maelstrom Weapon (Talent) were both increasing the damage of Chain Lightning at the same time.

I know the answer is going to be to sim (assuming they are updated and accurate) and/or test dummy, but looks like there may be some potential to change talents and/or some gameplay after this.

Is hothands going to be viable now for T2? Does that help fill in more dead spots in the rotation as well as take advantage of LL increased dmg? Much of the current raid is single target so I could see it being taken there for sure. Still might be solid for M+ if the returns are high enough. Then does Lashing Flames become more viable in some cases as well? Does that lead to Doom Winds being switched out for witchdoctor more easily in key fights?

When does Stormkeeper make more sense than Sundering after these changes, or does it? More for M+ than Raids?

Glad they are giving Enh a boost and perhaps some more choices for gameplay. Just might be a long night at the test dummy on patch day before my wed raid night...

like you said - if A is now Better than B or atleast onpar is subject so sim or atleast propper dummy testing.

but i think it will:
    - increase overall sustained dps a bit (non windfury weapon burst)
    - make maelstrom spenders feel more rewarding (building up for CL sometimes feels more impactful than the CL itself)
    - improve signature abilitys (Lava Lash & Chain lightning)

i am very curious to test my Necrolord Shaman with an enhancement build that uses Lashing Flames / Hothead / FireNova in combination Primal Lava Actuators legendary tho...
    multiple flame shocks, buffed by lava lash, used for firenova aoe, lowering the cooldown of lava lash in return..

i think thats what you want with every class and spec. actual choices that alter gameplay and open up interesting synergies
    Last edited by Phala; 2021-03-08 at 08:46 AM.

I guess it may change things in raids that are often primarily single target, but for m+ I very much doubt the change to Stormkeeper will mean anything. It's still limited to 3 targets and Sundering is uncapped and has the added benefit of interrupting every target hit, including uninterruptable casts, and it's not even on the stun DR.

Furthermore, while the damage of Sundering is hardly as impressive as we've seen in previous expansions, the fact that it procs windfury on every target hit (which, again, is uncapped) makes it deal significantly more damage during Doom Winds.

Long story short, it's possible Stormkeeper will see use in raids, but I very much doubt it'll change anything in m+ or even pvp. That said, I haven't looked at any theory crafting or number crunching, so I guess I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I guess it may change things in raids that are often primarily single target, but for m+ I very much doubt the change to Stormkeeper will mean anything. It's still limited to 3 targets and Sundering is uncapped and has the added benefit of interrupting every target hit, including uninterruptable casts, and it's not even on the stun DR.

Furthermore, while the damage of Sundering is hardly as impressive as we've seen in previous expansions, the fact that it procs windfury on every target hit (which, again, is uncapped) makes it deal significantly more damage during Doom Winds.

Long story short, it's possible Stormkeeper will see use in raids, but I very much doubt it'll change anything in m+ or even pvp. That said, I haven't looked at any theory crafting or number crunching, so I guess I could be wrong.
    Sundering procs WF where Stormkeeper does not. If you are using the WF leggo its definitely not going to see use outside of maybe a high movement fight or a fight with extended void zone time.

SK may see more use in the LL leggo but I still think the issue of CL not proccing anything will continue to hold down SK.

Not looking good for any actual talent/leggo changes. Waiting for people who are free enough in resources to switch up to the LL leggo and live test it, but it's still not looking good sim wise right now.

Basically Enh got a small ST and small AOE boost that will still leave the class middle of the pack at best in PVE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phala View Post
    like you said - if A is now Better than B or atleast onpar is subject so sim or atleast propper dummy testing.

but i think it will:
    - increase overall sustained dps a bit (non windfury weapon burst)
    - make maelstrom spenders feel more rewarding (building up for CL sometimes feels more impactful than the CL itself)
    - improve signature abilitys (Lava Lash & Chain lightning)

i am very curious to test my Necrolord Shaman with an enhancement build that uses Lashing Flames / Hothead / FireNova in combination Primal Lava Actuators legendary tho...
    multiple flame shocks, buffed by lava lash, used for firenova aoe, lowering the cooldown of lava lash in return..

i think thats what you want with every class and spec. actual choices that alter gameplay and open up interesting synergies
    from what i heard it require a loot of setup for not that grate results, although haven't tried myself so
    and LL legendary feels bad as its stacking increase dmg with each hit and also reduce CD of LL which make it strange to use in the end :P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2021-03-12 at 11:34 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    PLA is fun to play IF you're comfortable with:

- Not having burst. Depends on the gear level you're at, but myself at 212ilvl, pushing 10k burst (wolves, trinket and hero basically) is likely the top I can reach, but more likely smth between 7 and 9k.

- Juggling empowered (read: Lashing flames) Flameshocks, and manually at that. This build shines primarily in large trash packs, or well, anything that allows you have 3 FS up.

Besides that, and I'm thinking m+ here, your group needs to be comfortable with you not bursting the same way you do with DWs. On trash - and once other classes burst windows are done - you'll top the meter, anywhere between 4 to 6 or 7k (gear level dependant).

15+ Year Old Account
    There's several things I'd want them to do to Enhancement to bring it back to the state I most enjoyed it.

Re-add the crit or damage debuff to Stormstrike and apply it to frost/nature damage

Return Elemental Devastation in some form.

Make Lava Lash spread Flame Shock again when you take Fire Nova

Bring back the Unleashed Elements ability and the Unleashed Fury talent

Stormblast comes back.

None of those will happen I'm sure, but a guy can dream. Maybe 10.0 or 11.0, who knows.

I've been using LotFW for a long time, because it makes rotation so good. In AoE situations it gets crazy hectic and love it. 15% DMG increase isn't very notable tho...