Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    They promised

- Added additional Classes
    - more Events/Bosses
    - more unique items/affixes on a consistent basis
    etc....
    One of the nice features of diablo has always been that you can play when you want, in your own pace.
    With subscription and events comes pressure and FOMO.
    Epic's Fortnite is milking that now while it's still profitable, but fatigue will soon hit everyone involved.

IF they wanted to do that they would have to drop the box price, it is bad enough they still charge box price for WoW expansions on top of 21 bucks a month, this would be a nail in the coffin.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

They promised

- more Events/Bosses
    etc....
    I would be willing to pay for more content. However, these video game companies never seem to keep up with a release schedule. Remember when WOW was aiming for an x-pac a year? Never happened. SL and 9.1 were both heavily delayed. There is an epic content drought at the end of every x-pac (with a sub in place). There's no reason for that when money is constantly rolling in through subs and buying x pacs......

I think most players would be happy to pay for more of the content they love (not the weird systems stuff that devs consider "content" but players actually hate, genuine content: new maps, bosses, dungeons, raids, quests). These video game companies can't keep pace with what players expect for the sub. They can't even deliver on their promises they currently make. Why do you imagine they could do more?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    IF they wanted to do that they would have to drop the box price, it is bad enough they still charge box price for WoW expansions on top of 21 bucks a month, this would be a nail in the coffin.
    This thread is about Diablo 4 and not WoW.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    This thread is about Diablo 4 and not WoW.
    Doesn't matter, same shit different pile. You are allowed to draw comparisons to something that is from the same company lmao.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Personally I think PoE's monetization is pretty fair. D4 probably shouldn't sell stash tabs because it's buy to play, but if they want to go down the road of selling spell cosmetics, that's fine by me.

I was recently gifted with this game and enjoyed playing it. However, the game is interesting but would not play it every day. I like to play at syndicate casion better. Although this is everyone's choice.

Isn't diablo immoral more than enough to milk people?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Isn't diablo immoral more than enough to milk people?
    I love the typo.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

They promised

- more Events/Bosses
    etc....
    No.
    Proper anti cheat measures and anti bot stuff - maybe.
    But I've got no high hopes with blizzard in that regard.

They can't even keep cheaters out of WoW, let alone a mostly single player game like diablo.

5+ Year Old Account
    D4 looks fucking awesome, but it would need to have actual real raids like a mmo, a great pvp scene, n other end-game content, that keeps getting updated to justify a sub. Sure if they did all that, I'd pay a sub, otherwise why should I?

Blizzard can't even manage WoW correctly with 15 a month.

No fucking way I trust them to not fuck up Diablo 4....which they *will* 100% and pay them for the pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    D4 looks fucking awesome, but it would need to have actual real raids like a mmo, a great pvp scene, n other end-game content, that keeps getting updated to justify a sub. Sure if they did all that, I'd pay a sub, otherwise why should I?
    Nope.

Diablo is not an mmo, and shouldn't be. It doesn't make any sense for it to be. If you want an mmo with a combat similar to Diablo, check Lost Ark (granted it doesn't come till autumn and you may not like the art style).

This said, it also makes no sense to have a sub for it. There are better monetization models. Though right now i find very difficult to justify spending money on blizzard products.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Diablo isn't a game I can justify paying a monthly sub for. I play for brief periods at a time, and I would just be cancelling and resubbing constantly or not subbing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    D2LOD remastered will swamp d4. lol i got more fun from d2 than any other game in history of video games.
    unless they blow it, which is hard to imagine at this point but - - still possible
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    unless they blow it, which is hard to imagine at this point but - - still possible
    Doubtful of the comment you quoted. Remasters don't sell like crazy for one. There is enough that wont buy D2R due to changes in the modding scene, with the possibility if some mods not working due to the new Bnet infrastructure or other reasons for two. And for three, D4 will be new, not a 20 year old game that has a new coat of lipstick.

It will do well. I expect it to sell in the 3-5M range maybe more. It won't crack 10M. D4 will easily sell 25M+. D3 sold ove 31M units(last tracked onnthe 1M initial sales on Switch and nothing new reported post PS4/XB1 launches, so it could be much higher), the market is much larger today than it was in 2012, and did I say it was something new?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I'd pay a sub fee but only if it was an MMO. If it's coop like Diablo 3 then no. But from what I've read (not much) the world in Diablo 4 is more MMO than previous games.

Two questions for OP:

1. Do you work for Blizzard?

2. Why aren't you conducting an official poll instead of posting on MM0-C ?

No, I don't play enough to justify paying a subscription fee. DLC is acceptable, as long as it adds something worthwhile to the game, but DLC is also a one-time purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Yes, I'd pay a sub fee but only if it was an MMO. If it's coop like Diablo 3 then no. But from what I've read (not much) the world in Diablo 4 is more MMO than previous games.
    It's really not much different than before. The world is shared, sort of. Towns shouldnbe populated with 10-20 players. World bosses will open up and have up to 25 players. Smaller local events may have 5-10 players. While playing, rarely, you may come across 1-2 players.

Other than that, the world is a seamless map if zones like an MMO instead of a patchwork or individual maps. You will not encounter any players during the campaign. You do not need to group with anyone ever. So in that regard, it's like the previous entries.