Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the option to keep a game going by paying more for more content is always a good option. It's only bad if the developers use it as an excuse to not release the game with all the content it should have had initially. This hasn't been a problem with a Blizzard game yet though, imo.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-19 at 12:51 AM.

No. Not ever.

If it had a subscription I would simply never buy/play it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    They promised

- Added additional Classes
    - more Events/Bosses
    - more unique items/affixes on a consistent basis
    etc....
    Games as service are trash in the ARPG genre. Diablo 3 suffered for it (among many other problems I won't get in to). Just know that its bad.

They promised

- more Events/Bosses
    etc....
    dont even need to read what you wrote. my answer is a solid fuck no. quit being a pay pig for a toxic deplorable company that does not deserve a fan base any more.

Subs are bad and create lazy devs in most environments. So no, cosmetic mta's are fine but nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol no, I don't touch games with "forced" subscriptions anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

No way, there are plenty of no-sub games out there already, no matter how good D4 is. Events/content are something that get added regularly to D3 already, and at $5 a month (!), that would equal roughly one class every 3 months. New classes sounds great on paper, but it would QUICKLY get oversaturated at that pace (oh, and let's not forget D4 is gonna have PVP, so there would have to be extra tuning for EVERY class when a new class gets added). Alternatively, at $5 a month, you're practically paying for an expansion pack per year, there's no way they could do that in today's development cycle. If anything, it's more likely they start selling seasons like Destiny 2, and I would still be opposed to that. They already set a standard of what you can expect for your money with Diablo 2/3 where seasons/ladder are free and expansions, priced as a full game, offer one or two classes plus a large Act. A monthly sub or season pass model for what has always been free wouldn't be cool with me.

All that said, if they did make a D4 sub or season pass model, I'm 100% certain it would be wildly successful and might even start denting WoW a bit and become their new cash cow, so I can definitely see it happening. I'm sure Luis Barriga and Jesse McCree's firings have set development back a good bit (and I'd read rumors before he got fired that development has been going slower than expected and they didn't expect it to be out before 2023 BEFORE they got fired) and Activision will want to see those development costs and time investments recouped.
    Last edited by Truhan; 2021-08-25 at 03:01 PM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

I like it better when you pay for the game once. Although I often use odds bestbetting and I have to pay every time, but win money much more. I think Diablo is an excellent game and for a small fee I am ready to pay for a subscription.
    Last edited by afibigidea; 2022-01-26 at 10:07 AM.

Great topic with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable topic. I really appreciate for this great information.
    Awesome forum. I enjoyed reading your topics. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new topics. Keep up the good work!

No

/10chars

D2 LOD and POE are probably the most bang for buck I have ever gotten out of a video game and it cost me a grand total of 1 base game in 2000 and an expansion pack in 2001

Possibly the greatest return for initial investment out of any video game for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Subscription for a singleplayer/co-op game? Get out of here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    D2LOD remastered will swamp d4. lol i got more fun from d2 than any other game in history of video games.
    Yea and I still can't enjoy D2 for more than 30 minutes, janky as hell. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    Games as service are trash in the ARPG genre. Diablo 3 suffered for it (among many other problems I won't get in to). Just know that its bad.
    D3 has never been a GaaS. D3 was always going to be a game that had paid expansions and content. The RMAH was a way to monetize that game, but it was never a GaaS in the way GaaS's work. Typically subscription based or free with tons of MTX with free contend regularly supplied. DI will be a GaaS game. But D3 wasn't.

They promised

- more Events/Bosses
    etc....

Nope because in a very short time Blizzard would find a way to renege on providing said content.

no wonder games getting worse and worse if we have people like op begging to loose money.

10+ Year Old Account
    They promised

- more Events/Bosses
    etc....

Pay a 10$ sub for a product subpar to f2p games ? Obviously not.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    D3 has never been a GaaS. D3 was always going to be a game that had paid expansions and content. The RMAH was a way to monetize that game, but it was never a GaaS in the way GaaS's work. Typically subscription based or free with tons of MTX with free contend regularly supplied. DI will be a GaaS game. But D3 wasn't.
    The game was designed in such a way that you need to connect to servers to even play. Darkspore, and countless other ARPGs that have shut down are unplayable permanently because of it. The only difference between these other companies and Blizzard is that they will let a "dead" game fester and rot on life support just to save face. It's no secret that they already made their money on D3; continued operation of the servers is a loss for them, but the backlash for actually shutting it down will be so much worse, so their hands are tied. D3 is operating with staff on salary + server costs with minimal revenue due to the removal of Microtransactions I.E. RMAH; a bean counters worst nightmare. Sadly, no microtransactions is one of the very few saving graces for D3; expect D4 and DI to be completely inundated with them.

Never, ARPG is not worth sub fee.

3+ Year Old Account
    If they choose to branch out the Diablo franchise to a more MMO-esque version for one of their installments I can see them doing it, and yes I know that they said they'd do smth similar with D4 but I don't think they're there quite yet.