Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they actually put out content consistently, yes.

Shit I buy a 60$+ poe support pack 3-4 times a year because it "feels right"

And Diablo could 1-up poe in it's 1 weakness - that every great looking piece of gear is from the store for an absurd price.

But I wouldnt trust blizzard to hold up their end of the bargain, and people would fucking riot at the thought of paying a sub
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2021-03-07 at 04:47 PM.

No, its not an MMO and their decision to make a pseudo MMO world was a personal design decision on their part. Where WoW can get away with a sub because its an MMO and the always online nature and necessitating features, hardware, security, and infrastructure is expected of the genre; D4 didn't have to be an MMO style game and I will largely be playing it in my circle of friends which can be accomplished without the shared online world they are planning. If there was a sub, I'd expect monthly updates, new items, new content, and that sounds tedious. So no, no sub.

From what I've seen so far, hard no.

If D4 wants to go DOA, then a sub-fee sounds like a good move.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Ide be happy to pay for seasons.

$5 or something small.

Just to give them a reason to keep making each one more fun than the last.

No. We've already had it be very clear for us based on other heavily monetized franchises from them that the extra money coming in won't guarantee that it'll be allocated to development of new content any more than the average. Greed gonna greed.

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    No, never; Games as service for ARPGs are terrible. I feel even selling cosmetics goes too far. Always-online ARPGs have that potential to selling boosts, inventory space, pay to win, etc. etc.. I've played enough games from this genre to know what works and doesn't screw over the gamer. Just look at what blizzard wants to do with WoW Classic/BC, it's nowhere near as bad; however, this stuff is just a flip of a switch from the board when they want more money.

The RMAH/AH in D3; I never trusted it, what's stopping developers from making and selling their own items on the AH; even if it's not the case, just the idea of the exploit is a huge red flag.
    They absolutely were doing exactly that btw.

The amount of perfectly rolled Mempo of Twilights that were up there, yet you never ever saw a streamer find one, never found one yourself, etc.

Yeah they were definitely putting shit up themselves.

Never, would refuse to even buy it and pirate the single player and forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    They promised

- Added additional Classes
    - more Events/Bosses
    - more unique items/affixes on a consistent basis
    etc....
    i would expect all of that without a sub fee. so no, i wouldn't.

Why so people can parrot around "its only $5-10 thats like one coffee for me if you cant afford that you must be broke blah blah" nonsense

To get unstable servers like in WoW (example, just try and play in ardenweald when world boss is up that week.) and the odd pity patch when the skeleton crew of devs committed to the cash cow come up with something every 6months? Hard pass.

7+ Year Old Account
    No pay to play.. just buy the game and thats it... we dont need any more subscription games.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    absolutely not

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, mainly cause I already don't want D4 just from the early glimpses we've seen. D4 already looks like terrible to me when I compare it to D3 in terms of both gameplay and core systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    D2LOD remastered will swamp d4. lol i got more fun from d2 than any other game in history of video games.
    Meh, I've played D2 and expansion once as a co-op. Not really in it for a rerun even in remastered. It's still the same janky game, just looks a bit better. Mechanics and gameplay is still basically from the 90's.

OT, I would rather have new classes as one time purchases. I haven't bought Necro in D3, but that's mainly becaues I only play Wizzard. But the idea of having new character classes for 5-10€ isn't outlandish to me; for most people it would be a non-issue (if you want it, it's not expensive, if you don't you can just ignore it).

No. I would much rather they churn out a bunch of DLC (like, multiple a year) with new areas, dungeons, etc. like a Sims game. That should get them a fair amount of money.

Subscription business model is something only games like WoW or FF14 can sustain, mostly because they have a core playerbase running it already - plus in the case of WoW, i think a lot of revenue comes from the tokens instead of actual subscriptions. Hell, i'm not paying my sub from Legion.

DLC/Expansions/Season passes is what makes it going. Especially season passes, if done well they'll be optional but not too expensive and many people will just buy them.

I cannot wait for D4 - and hope it's good. I like what i've seen so far. Both PoE and D2:R are not going to cut it, burned out of the first and don't need the second - i played the original far too much and i want new stuff, not redoing the things i've already done. This said, D2 has been a masterpiece and i'm sure D2:R will be good. PoE on the other side is super fun until you realize it's designed around the 2% of ZIPZIPPERS and it shows how archaic, clunky and messed up the endgame is. Creating characters and builds is the best hands down i've seen around.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Nope, DLC and expansions is what it needs.

Then again, I can use wow gold to get blizzard balance to sustain it so I actually think it would be a benefit for me personally if it was a sub for additional content.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

If you want there to be additional post launch content, then there needs to be some type of monetization scheme that is dependable. It could be a sub, it could be DLC, it could be a seasonal pass, heck it could even be hybrid. But if we want the game to live a long time, it will need additional launch content and that costs money. Investing on a brand is nice as a concept but at the end of the day stockholders want to see the return now, not in box sales of Diablo 5 15-20 years later.

Plus there are things that I want from Diablo 4 that definitely cost a lot to make. It costs a lot to make a new class.
    Last edited by Araevin; 2021-03-08 at 12:23 PM.

If Blizzard offered a game pass type sub for access to all their games and updates that would normally have to be paid for possibly.

I think I'm too casual on diablo to justify a sub, might play for a week every 4 seasons lol

Class dlc though? I'm an absolute sucker for those and will throw my money at them.

No, I want a game I can finish and be done with. I don't want yet another crappy game as a service trying desperately to monopolise my time.