Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merador View Post
    Sure, but i think DLCs for new Classes are more helpful for Diablo.
    a) Diablo gets more development
    b) many player really like to play diablo casual, but don't want to make a subscription investment

I've seen much more people playing diablo, because you can play it at your own pace with a onetime payment.
    No, under any circumstances whatsoever. D4 with sub = hard pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    I feel like it's to late for blizzard to use subscriptions in new games.
    Absolutely agree, 11 years ago they had a genius reputation that the players would just trust sight unseen of a new game but now...I wouldn't 100% trust a free game from Blizzard.

I will not play to d4 probably. I stop to invest myself to something I semi-like (being for the lore, the game system, etc). But if I do, I think that the lack of content is endemic in D3 which I do play, and they really have to do something for D4 being a light subscription with new content every month, more xpacs like one a year, or dlcs....anything. -cheers

No. I would rather purchase the game and never pay for it again. I would rather buy additional classes as DLC than have to pay a monthly fee.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    sure make a sub for a game that will probably pump out the same amount of content in 5 years than lets say poe oes in 3 months lol they literally have to do a complete 180 from D3 to give D4 a chance but since a big chunk of D3 devs are on the D4 team i assume it will just be another dmg/def arrow up so equip it , the current iteration of that skill branch they showed is a joke so na not supporting another D3

No, not in a million years.

Pretty sure that would be a surefire way of hindering the game from the get go, which would be absurd.

Also, the typical box sale, plus subscription, plus shop (triple monetization) is absurdly scummy, and it's already bad that WoW does it.

So yea, no thanks.

I'm still not sure why were paying subscriptions in WoW.

ney, i may pay 40 € for the game, thats all

No, what? I might pay it if they put a class behind a paywall because I liked the franchise, but a monthly fee to have access to the class? I'd probably pass before it's even released

No, this all sounds like what you'd actually pay for in a DLC/expansion. Why would I pay a monthly fee for that?

I would be content with paying for the main game + expansion packs (Reaper of Souls, not the Necromancer pack). Even the Necromancer pack was a bit meh, so I did not buy it.

I feel like a subscription would kill the game instead tbh.

nope. not funding a company that makes billions and has iap.

I would love a world of diablo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Honestly don't know why they don't follow the PoE route with micro transactions, seems like the sensible option. I guess being the size Diablo is it doesn't need to?
    Because GGG gets away with a lot of things that if were to happen in a blizz/Act product would form a horde of people with torches and pitchforks, and why is that? i am not sure, maybe because it is a smaller company or maybe because POE is free to try, but not free to play, not at all if you really want to go for endgame content.
    Example: If anything made by blizz would have the huge amount of crashes/bugs that heist league had for a long long time (we could even say that the whole league), the d3 inmortal blizzcon debacle would be a joke compared to what people would say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Araevin View Post
    So you expect long term support and additional content for a game just for the box price?
    For the box price i do not expect aditional content at all, that would not be fair to ask from any game developer to begin with, but i do expect a finished bug free product.
    And the long term support as in server mantenaince comes from the model they choose to sell their game with, if the game is playable offline i do not want or require any server service, but if they sell a only online product that is their decision, so yeah i do expect the long term support.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing needed to make me pay sub (5-50) is to make me like to play it regularly.
    Which i have doubts about..

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I'm still not sure why were paying subscriptions in WoW.
    Lol that is a very easy one to answer: Because they can.
    The moment that changes, well there are a ton of examples of other MMOs and what happened to them

Quote Originally Posted by dryla1 View Post
    Because GGG gets away with a lot of things that if were to happen in a blizz/Act product would form a horde of people with torches and pitchforks, and why is that? i am not sure, maybe because it is a smaller company or maybe because POE is free to try, but not free to play, not at all if you really want to go for endgame content.
    Example: If anything made by blizz would have the huge amount of crashes/bugs that heist league had for a long long time (we could even say that the whole league), the d3 inmortal blizzcon debacle would be a joke compared to what people would say.

- - - Updated - - -

For the box price i do not expect aditional content at all, that would not be fair to ask from any game developer to begin with, but i do expect a finished bug free product.
    And the long term support as in server mantenaince comes from the model they choose to sell their game with, if the game is playable offline i do not want or require any server service, but if they sell a only online product that is their decision, so yeah i do expect the long term support.
    Since when? Do not spread misinformation from your wet dreams....Apart from stash tabs nothing have any direct effect on the game itself (only visual)

Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    Since when? Do not spread misinformation from your wet dreams....Apart from stash tabs nothing have any direct effect on the game itself (only visual)
    You can argue that with the stash tabs managing the immense amount of different currencies becomes much easier, but that's it. Though i would never recommend anyone planning to play PoE long term not to buy those.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Smaller expansion packs, DLCs, or season passes.

I don't want to pay a monthly fee, but I don't mind paying $9.99 every four months for new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    if I can't play it offline I'm giving 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    if I can't play it offline I'm giving 0.
    Yeah, I'd like there to be the option for offline only characters, that you don't need bnet connection to play. But at the same time, I like to play with my friends and offline isn't feasible for that.