Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    fuck no i wouldnt

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Nope.
    No amount of content is worth a monthly subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    They promised

- Added additional Classes
    - more Events/Bosses
    - more unique items/affixes on a consistent basis
    etc....
    Nope. How many times do I have to pay this price before I see content? Make it, finish it, sell me it.

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    The game was designed in such a way that you need to connect to servers to even play. Darkspore, and countless other ARPGs that have shut down are unplayable permanently because of it. The only difference between these other companies and Blizzard is that they will let a "dead" game fester and rot on life support just to save face. It's no secret that they already made their money on D3; continued operation of the servers is a loss for them, but the backlash for actually shutting it down will be so much worse, so their hands are tied. D3 is operating with staff on salary + server costs with minimal revenue due to the removal of Microtransactions I.E. RMAH; a bean counters worst nightmare. Sadly, no microtransactions is one of the very few saving graces for D3; expect D4 and DI to be completely inundated with them.
    Has nothing to do the the GaaS model though. Hell I'd say of they were smart instead of panicking pussies, they would have added a cosmetic MTX shop for RoS. We would have seen the second expansion and possibly a 3rd or more. Instead all D3 has gotten is very minimal support and content with mediocre seasonal updates.

I for one have no issues with MTXs. Anything to ensure there is revenues to make more of the games I enjoy. Of course I just buy the game and expansions, nothing else. However, per the title of the thread, if Blizzard had their own gamepass which included access to every game, that would be something I'd consider. Not one for an ARPG alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but that's because I don't want Diablo to be too big. I don't want it to my a "main game" that you can spend 6+ hours a day on and still not do everything, we already got WoW for that. I absolutely prefer Diablo 3, which is a fairly small cozy game that you can play very casually.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that's not enough work or cost on their side to make a sub a valid option.

lol, are you nuts.
    they are yet to show anything worthwhile about diablo 4.

the only good thing was the animated trailer with the summoning of lilith.
    blizz aint getting a cent without immensely improving d4 beyond what POE, D3 and D2 already have.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It wouldn't work anyway. ARPG's are a terrible fit for the genre.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-06-04 at 05:04 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

No. Want to purchase the game, and be done with payments until a expansion comes out.

Not everything warrants or needs monthly subs, loot boxes, battle passes, or extra payments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No. It wouldn't work anyway. ARPG's are a terrible fit for the genre.
    Are they though? A battle pass is for all intents and purposes a subscription and seems to fit the genre just fine. PoE has one and Diablo Immortal shows how one can work as well. Whether or not it is monthly would be the only part that might not work out to well.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-06-05 at 06:35 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Are they though? A battle pass is for all intents and purposes a subscription and seems to fit the genre just fine. PoE has one and Diablo Immortal shows how one can work in can work as well. Whether or not it is monthly would be the only part that might not work out to well.
    Yup, a quarterly battle pass could work. It really depends on if they actually deliver new content though or if seasons are just replaying the game from the start. Which is fine for a lot of people; it's what they expect from ARPGs.

No. If Diablo has any MTX, I won't buy it. If Diablo Immoral is any indication, the Blizzard we knew is long dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    They promised

- Added additional Classes
    - more Events/Bosses
    - more unique items/affixes on a consistent basis
    etc....
    No. Asking for a friend, right?

I don't see paying a sub fee for anything ever again personally. Its one of the reason I haven't played wow in years, I can scratch that itch with other MMO's and pop in and out when I please. I just don't see myself going back to paying a subscription to a play a single game.

I would however be interested in seasonal battle pass type system so when I DO feel like grinding D3 I can buy myself some perks to enhance it. I like how they do that with sea of thieves and pubg.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    PoE is pretty much borderline on how it does MTX and Blizzard should learn from that. It's recent battle pass system for PoE is absolute garbage though.

D4 would absolutely be dead on arrival without long term plans to it. The ARPG has evolved and expansions aren't really the dominant model to keep people engaged with the genre. You need several big updates a year which requires an active development team, and to do that you actually need some sort of model that enables that. People expecting a boxed game for 60 dollars with updates like PoE are crazy. D3 is a perfect example of Blizzard not keeping their finger on the pulse with what ARPG players want, and what you currently get is a small team making updates for it several times a year that barely change how the game has been playing for what, 6-8 years now?

I love D2 I really do, but the updates that D2 got during it's prime were few and far between. Yeah it was free and revolutionary at the time, but by today's standards it was pretty small.

What I think might end up happening is with Microsofts acquisition of Blizzard, D4 might indeed be under a subscription model, but just a fixture of the Xbox battle pass. Throw in exclusively MTX and you now have a value subscription system that lots of people already enjoy. Wouldn't be surprised if WoW is also thrown in there as a fixture of their battle pass system as well.